FedEx Freight | Fedex - In The News

His "downfall"?

Uh, he's been on top of the game for nearly 40yrs. It's not like he peaked in his 20s,and now people are saying "whatever happened to FS?"
He revolutionized the shipping industry forever.
Downfall?
When exactly will this happen? He's near retirement!

Meanwhile most of you idiots have $15,000+ in CC debt @ 25%.

This is the equivalent of a diabetic, high BP 300lb co-worker who's never even held a football talking $hit about Brett Farve's ability, and how he's washed up.

His "downfall"?

Uh, he's been on top of the game for nearly 40yrs. It's not like he peaked in his 20s,and now people are saying "whatever happened to FS?"
He revolutionized the shipping industry forever.
Downfall?
When exactly will this happen? He's near retirement!

Meanwhile most of you idiots have $15,000+ in CC debt @ 25%.

This is the equivalent of a diabetic, high BP 300lb co-worker who's never even held a football talking $hit about Brett Farve's ability, and how he's washed up.
Name calling that's mature of you. Do you have a shrine for Fred and Brett in your home? A lot of us idiots are not in debt, in fact have made wise investments over the years....

Name calling that's mature of you. Do you have a shrine for Fred and Brett in your home? A lot of us idiots are not in debt, in fact have made wise investments over the years....
Good for you, and sorry that your skin is akin to that of a grape,but it's a bit of a stretch at this point in his career to even mention FS and DOWNFALL in the same sentence.

Also, before you assume anything else, I walked away from Fx, and I couldn't care less about football. Doesn't change anything I said, or did I step on a personal nerve?

Good for you, and sorry that your skin is akin to that of a grape,but it's a bit of a stretch at this point in his career to even mention FS and DOWNFALL in the same sentence.

Also, before you assume anything else, I walked away from Fx, and I couldn't care less about football. Doesn't change anything I said, or did I step on a personal nerve?
Didn’t hit a personal nerve at all. Your the on on a rant, all I said is Fred should go out on top & not make statements about getting ahead of ups....And no I don’t work for ups....

Didn’t hit a personal nerve at all. Your the on on a rant, all I said is Fred should go out on top & not make statements about getting ahead of ups....And no I don’t work for ups....
It's 100% relevant to be ahead of ups. Who else could he make comparisons with aside from Amazon? (which he did)

UPS may not be stupid, but it sure doesn’t seem smart to bend over for Amazon while they continue to build out their own shipping network.
I don’t know about their being bent over, why not milk the Amazon cow until they can’t anymore? Not doing business with them while they get their own network running won’t affect the outcome, may as well collect the revenue while it lasts.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ups-earnings-q4-2019
United Parcel Service lost money at the end of 2019 and forecast lower earnings this year than analysts expected, sending shares lower.

The Atlanta-based shipping and logistics giant lost $106 million, or 12 cents a share, after taking a $1.8 billion hit related to its pension plan. The losses came despite revenue climbing 3.6 percent to $20.57 billion. Adjusted earnings of $2.11 a share were in line with estimates. It looks like UPS didn't make any profit last year..

I don’t know about their being bent over, why not milk the Amazon cow until they can’t anymore? Not doing business with them while they get their own network running won’t affect the outcome, may as well collect the revenue while it lasts.

Because ups is having to invest hundreds of millions to accommodate Amazon. Also, they account for the largest single piece of UPS's revenue.

When Amazon.com does not need Ups anymore, Ups is stuck with all the extra assets, buildings, employees ect that it can no longer justify..

Amazon.com accounts for almost 15% of UPS's business,and Ups has built itself to support that.
Know what happens when you suddenly lose 15% of your revenue?
Obviously, they will always move some Amazon product, to a degree, but much,, MUCH less than they currently are.

Imagine that you rent Port A Jon's.

You have 3 drivers,e vac trucks, and currently own about 100 PoJs. Renting 75 a month. 5 days a week.
Customer comes to town, says he needs all 100.
To accommodate that, and keep your commitments to your old customers, you buy 100 more PoJs, hire 3 new drivers, and buy 2 more vac trucks.
All is well,,,
6mo later, customer says he needs 200 more.
More drivers, more trucks, and a new building.
All is well.
A year later he needs 1,000 units, and wants them serviced daily.
3yrs later, he wants 10,000 units, and says his customers are tired of the old, outdated models.

Now, you have 50 trucks, 4 facilities, 200 employees and a 7 day operation. Big money, but big investment, and huge loans to pay for it all.

A year passes,,,
Customer says he no longer needs 10,000 units, that 7,500 will do.
6mo later, he says he just needs 50, because he has started producing his own units....

Meanwhile, Fx did not have to go long investing in doing business with Amazon.
Fx was VERY smart for backing away before Amazon got their claws too deep in them

Last edited:
UPS may not be stupid, but it sure doesn’t seem smart to bend over for Amazon while they continue to build out their own shipping network.
Nobody knew what direction Amazon was going to go, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Now I think ups is going to ride it out...

Uh, forty years he's been using cheap labor over there at ground and is still number 2 to UPS.
UPS has been in business since 1907. Fedex Ground has been in business since 2000 when it was acquired from RPS. In 19 of the 20 years Fedex Ground has increased its market share. So even with a 93 year head start it’s just a matter of time before Ground surpasses UPS. Those are the FACTS.