FedEx Freight | Fedex refuses to bargain CLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say that Fedex drivers would not be party to a MEP? If they negotiate it and Fedex agrees, then...yeah, you're right about that.
I think you answered your own question.

FedEx would not negotiate for it. Too much liability. The drivers don't want it. They want stand alone single Co plan. No one will support that so it's DOA. Never happen. Settled topic.

I think you answered your own question.

FedEx would not negotiate for it. Too much liability. The drivers don't want it. They want stand alone single Co plan. No one will support that so it's DOA. Never happen. Settled topic.
Teamsters would clearly want it. They need it desperately, but I agree. Never happen.

These things don't excite me. If you want to see what excites me, i'll private message you some good sites. And it's not my company that employing any tactic. Just putting out there what I hear. How many years until they get to 50 (15% of terminals does it?) Overnight had what, 27 terminals? If i'm a CKB voter, isn't it a better strategy to jump in the water when they get more fire power? CLT has a couple hundred drivers and there's no sign of a meeting between the two parties anytime soon, months after the vote. Fedex shows no signs of backing down. How many drivers in CKB? 20?
FedEx has stalled every step of the way...that's how they support your freedom to choose. You seem to get off on the fact that this arrogant company tramples your rights and wants to take food off our tables to put onto their own. You should apply for one of their driver advisor positions. They need more pro-company, anti-labor people in leadership.

FedEx has stalled every step of the way...that's how they support your freedom to choose. You seem to get off on the fact that this arrogant company tramples your rights and wants to take food off our tables to put onto their own. You should apply for one of their driver advisor positions. They need more pro-company, anti-labor people in leadership.
I simply don't agree. If I did, I'd vote with my feet. You can too, choo choo.

I simply don't agree. If I did, I'd vote with my feet. You can too, choo choo.
You not only disagree with the union movement, which is perfectly fine, you also speak of things you know nothing about. You have every right to have an opinion. To throw out assumptions and present them as fact is simply appalling.

You not only disagree with the union movement, which is perfectly fine, you also speak of things you know nothing about. You have every right to have an opinion. To throw out assumptions and present them as fact is simply appalling.
I appall a man named ChooChoo. FML!

I appall a man named ChooChoo. FML!
Outsourcing your job to a union rail line, one container at a time buddy. It's a user name, I told you before to PM me and we can talk. I wasn't aware that we were suppose to make it your real name. Please excuse my bad behavior Mr. Holier than Though.

Outsourcing your job to a union rail line, one container at a time buddy. It's a user name, I told you before to PM me and we can talk. I wasn't aware that we were suppose to make it your real name. Please excuse my bad behavior Mr. Holier than Though.
Hey, we're new friends. Just call me "Holy"

Why not just all work for nothing cause we like it and beg on our spare time?Fidiscuoul responsibility to shareholders is why were really here.
Pick your poison SwampRatt:)

Say you start at age 21, you retire at 41 (2o years in) and live until 77.4. You collect a total of $1,747,200 after working for 20 years. That takes about $4600/month in contributions (for 20 years) at an annual 6% ROI for that fund to be solvent.

Why not just all work for nothing cause we like it and beg on our spare time?Fidiscuoul responsibility to shareholders is why were really here.

Slave most people would be happy to collect a windfall of $1.7MM at age 41 even if they had to work for minimum wage for 20 years to win that lotto.

Arrogant? Sounds like a Teamsters' mantra when speaking of any non-union corporation. No publicly traded company should pay a single penny more than it takes to obtain its' desired results. If a privately owned company choses to out of the goodness of their hearts, that's their right. The FedEx BoD doesn't have that luxury.

Arrogant? Sounds like a Teamsters' mantra when speaking of any non-union corporation. No publicly traded company should pay a single penny more than it takes to obtain its' desired results. If a privately owned company choses to out of the goodness of their hearts, that's their right. The FedEx BoD doesn't have that luxury.
With that line of thinking, I should do nothing more than the bare minimum to obtain my desired result...a paycheck. Right?

Maybe everyone shouldnt feel "entitled to" owning their own business.....the banks make out most this way...constant loan applucations....and loan failures.

True, but correct me if I'm wrong you couldn't set your own rates correct? So if I understand it right the competition would have been based on management and customer service and things of that nature. His point is no one new could get it or at least it was a cumbersome process to get in as a new company off the ground. I know several small companies who tried to get started before deregulation who have told me about what you had to do, it was almost impossible.

You really dont know if your money will be anywhere you put it when you retire..Teamster or not.
This is true. Dues are only used to pay union officers and run the union. The contributions i'm talking about are pension contributions that the teamsters would supposedly negotiate from Fedex on behalf of their employees in a CBA. Those funds would go into a teamster fund (if so negotiated) and may or may not be there when you retire. How can you say that Fedex drivers would not be party to a MEP? If they negotiate it and Fedex agrees, then...yeah, you're right about that.

With that line of thinking, I should do nothing more than the bare minimum to obtain my desired result...a paycheck. Right?

Sure. If you don't ever want a better paycheck, do the minimum required to get the one your are getting and blame nobody but yourself for your results.

Maybe everyone shouldnt feel "entitled to" owning their own business.....the banks make out most this way...constant loan applucations....and loan failures.

Here it comes again....the big bad evil banks. They made me sign for a loan I couldn't afford. Nobody says you have to obtain financing to start a company. I know a few successful business owners that didn't borrow any money to get where they are at. It's a large factor in their success.

Good for them.
But I still think banks are the biggest benefactor of the whole anti-union system of today.......and the presses never stop and the credit keeps being handed out like it's going out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.