FedEx Freight | Fedex refuses to bargain CLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually read all kinds of stuff from all kinds of sources.....and just as the Pension Insurance can fail so too could FDIC...Just as deregulation crept in and changed everything....things seem to be shaky in things which were solid from Reagan till now.

What happened in Poland and Cypress Ex?
They were in debt.
Our nation is too.
China has become largest economy.
We are in debt to them.
We are not what we were Ex.....but the IMF and World Banks are still powerful.
Your healthy competition dont seem so healthy to or for me or us.

Arrogant? Sounds like a Teamsters' mantra when speaking of any non-union corporation. No publicly traded company should pay a single penny more than it takes to obtain its' desired results. If a privately owned company choses to out of the goodness of their hearts, that's their right. The FedEx BoD doesn't have that luxury.
But Ex, how was it that AF was able to do exactly that? They were publicly traded as well... Their BoD must have had the luxury... Or are you saying their BoD desired a slightly different result?

But Ex, how was it that AF was able to do exactly that? They were publicly traded as well... Their BoD must have had the luxury... Or are you saying their BoD desired a slightly different result?

Yes, in that case it must have been the later. Obviously the BoD was okay with it and their shareholders didn't carry them off to the gallows.

That very well could have been a part of it, but none of the separate companies had near the infrastructure costs of the modern day company. Equipment was always pretty good, although sometimes not enough of it. The big difference that I see is in the facilities..........AF had some real holes in the wall and most all of those have been replaced with new (newer) facilities that provide the needed capacity for our growth. Takes a lot of scratch to build some of the new barns we have over the past 8-10 years.....

That very well could have been a part of it, but none of the separate companies had near the infrastructure costs of the modern day company. Equipment was always pretty good, although sometimes not enough of it. The big difference that I see is in the facilities..........AF had some real holes in the wall and most all of those have been replaced with new (newer) facilities that provide the needed capacity for our growth. Takes a lot of scratch to build some of the new barns we have over the past 8-10 years.....
Let's not forget the huge cost of aggressive expansions, at that time, as well. While I agree that many of the old barns were "holes in the wall", those came during massive expansion, and were what was available at the time.

I guess a lot has to do with local perspectives. My location, and many nearby, were built to AF specs, before FDX came along, and are quite nice. FedEx has built a lot more since acquisition, especially in dense population areas, having more than one per. I'm not really verywell versed in the "big picture", as far as barn construction goes. Don't know how many have been added/expanded, etc. I do know that when all things are factored in, long term financing, tax, depreciation, efficiency, etc, there is real financial benefit to build/expand as opposed to leasing of the hole in the walls.

Let's not forget the huge cost of aggressive expansions, at that time, as well. While I agree that many of the old barns were "holes in the wall", those came during massive expansion, and were what was available at the time.

I guess a lot has to do with local perspectives. My location, and many nearby, were built to AF specs, before FDX came along, and are quite nice. FedEx has built a lot more since acquisition, especially in dense population areas, having more than one per. I'm not really verywell versed in the "big picture", as far as barn construction goes. Don't know how many have been added/expanded, etc. I do know that when all things are factored in, long term financing, tax, depreciation, efficiency, etc, there is real financial benefit to build/expand as opposed to leasing of the hole in the walls.
Infrastructure is one area where FedEx is way ahead of most of our competition. We are well positioned for the future while many competitors will struggle to keep pace with the need to replace their antiquated barns and equipment. Our technology is also cutting edge, which in the long term should benefit profits. Our pay and benefits should be enhanced due to these advantages.

I see room for tech improvement in our bricks if you compare to Express. They could be and do so much more then what we have now. Many bricks at our center are unreliable to function day in and day out without there being a crash or outright total failure.
We were told replacements will be coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.