FedEx Freight | Get your signed union authorization cards back?

Isn't it against company policy to have and use personal dash cameras in any company vehicle?

I'm not 100% sure on that. Will check.

As far as finding one, they are all over the place, cheap. Just know, you'll want one with significant run time, loop feature' or something similar. Also, you'll want 12 volt power cord, NOT batteries.

Quick search turned up the following lists:

Amazon.com: dash cam - Car Electronics / Car & Vehicle Electronics: Electronics

dash cam - Newegg.com

I already have an answer to this and I suggest everyone consider it. I invested $100 in a dash cam. It records about 9 hours in HD video and some day it will come in handy to prevent this. So when words just won't do, provide video evidence to protect your job.
If caught with dash cam FedEx well terminate. One of our drivers asked if he could install one and was told no FedEx doesn't want video evidence in case you are too blame is the reason he was given.

I already have an answer to this and I suggest everyone consider it. I invested $100 in a dash cam. It records about 9 hours in HD video and some day it will come in handy to prevent this. So when words just won't do, provide video evidence to protect your job.

I am not taking sides here but go ask if you are allowed to have that in your truck.

Must be in the handbook somewhere. Good luck getting a copy of one of those. I got one about 5 years ago but you ask for one now and they say policy changes too fast to print them.

Yes but the beauty in that is if you work for a hazmat carrier you can simply say it is you 2 way emergency communication device that is required under dot and only use the footage when it is absolutely needed

If you signed a union authorization card as an employee, you DO have a right to ask the union for your card back. This is called "revoking" your union authorization card.

Employees who are misled by union organizers into signing union authorization cards will very often change their minds and want their cards back. While unions will sometimes tell employees it is "too late," this is false. Employees who have signed a union authorization card do have a right* to demand to get their card back if they so choose.

Sample Card Check Revocation Letter

If the Union truly wanted you to have a voice why would they not want to give you your card back??? People make mistakes?? Food for thought...

If the Union truly wanted you to have a voice why would they not want to give you your card back??? People make mistakes?? Food for thought...
Do you ever sign a petition and go back a day or 2 later and try to cross your name off of it? All the card is is a petition to have a vote. If the company really cared for the employees they would agree to just go ahead and have a nation wide vote and see what you want. The fact that they haven't mentioned holding a nation wide vote and that they are fighting tooth and nail to not have votes as well as trying to scare employees into voting no should tell you exactly who does and does not want you to have a voice. After all UPSF agreed to using the cards alone as authorization telling most people that they wanted their employees to have a voice. Why not go ask Fred want he is so scared of? Doesn't he want to know what his employees think of the mid level idiots, oops I mean managers and supervisors.

If you didn't sign a union authorization card as an employee, you DO have a right to ask the union for a card to sign. This is called "exercising" your right for unionization and representation. Employees who are misled by company mouth-pieces into not signing union authorization cards will very often change their minds and want to sign a card. While the company will sometimes tell employees...........(let that sink in for a few moments) Employees who have not signed a union authorization card do have a right* to get a card to sign if they so choose :kickedoutsmile:
If you signed a union authorization card as an employee, you DO have a right to ask the union for your card back. This is called "revoking" your union authorization card.

Employees who are misled by union organizers into signing union authorization cards will very often change their minds and want their cards back. While unions will sometimes tell employees it is "too late," this is false. Employees who have signed a union authorization card do have a right* to demand to get their card back if they so choose.

Sample Card Check Revocation Letter

Your company ? This is FedEx and you signed on to do a job for the pay they offered you. Now you guys want more because of greed I do my job and I have no problems with management you guys should try that. Stop asking for handouts and go work for it. If you want more than what they offer then go get it somewhere else. Don't try to destroy the good thing we have here. IMHO

Well your opinion means nothing to me. Before long we will have a better benefits package and we will not be at will employees. If you don't like it you can go somewhere else the majority will have their voice.

And your video wont mean a damn thing, since cameras are prohibited by company policy, and they wont have to look at it due to it not being official equipment in the truck.

That's why God made lawyers!!!! Thanks for reminding everyone that FedEx doesn't care about facts just their agenda!!! You guys are making it to easy!

Getting back to the original question, Can I have my signed card back? If memory serves me right I believe the card is only valid for six months. After that you have to sign another card.

Well your opinion means nothing to me. Before long we will have a better benefits package and we will not be at will employees. If you don't like it you can go somewhere else the majority will have their voice.

You are right the majority will have their voice. Then you can go work for a union LTL somewhere else. Oh wait you won't go anywhere you will just whine and cry about how bad you have it. By the way your opinions means even less to me. IMHO

You are right the majority will have their voice. Then you can go work for a union LTL somewhere else. Oh wait you won't go anywhere you will just whine and cry about how bad you have it. By the way your opinions means even less to me. IMHO
And if the majority of your coworkers vote in the union are you going to go work elsewhere?

Heard all this before over and over. SCM keeps saying its easier to get gold out of Ft Knox then to get that card back. Even if the union doesn't go throught it make no difference if you have a card or not. They won't know.

Just another scare tactic.

And if the majority of your coworkers vote in the union are you going to go work elsewhere?

If the union goes in nationwide I would look for employment somewhere else because I believe the company would sell and walk away leaving us drivers starting over with someone with not so deep pockets as FedEx . That's how I see it playing out. IMHO If it does not go nationwide I don't believe FedEx would ever agree to a contract that would be any better than what we have now. IMHO

If the union goes in nationwide I would look for employment somewhere else because I believe the company would sell and walk away leaving us drivers starting over with someone with not so deep pockets as FedEx . That's how I see it playing out. IMHO If it does not go nationwide I don't believe FedEx would ever agree to a contract that would be any better than what we have now. IMHO
Wow, just take your ball and go home huh, why would Fred sale, because he hasn't sold the planes so you argument is baseless.

Wow, just take your ball and go home huh, why would Fred sale, because he hasn't sold the planes so you argument is baseless.
At least he is consistent with his train of thought. I hope when you guys go union and Fred doesn't sell that he comes back on here to let us all no where his new job is at.