FedEx Freight | Get your signed union authorization cards back?

I know it was put to a vote you dumb *** My point is your teamster union did nothing to stop the company from taking your money! Not once, not twice, but three times. I thought they would get me better pay not allow the company to take it back. Just take your time and think about it. This is not a knock on the YRC guys I have several friends that work or worked their. IMHO
So I see you agree with me. The company went to thw union with a proposal and the union took it to the members. Just like they are paid to do.

Hey anti union guys answer this for me. If a car cuts you off then slams on its breaks and company says it's your fault what happens to your job? Oh yes I already know the answer but I want you to actually admit it on here.
So your telling me that if we vote the Union in and we run in to the back of somebody they can't fire us??? Really. Take another Bid swig of that IBT Kool-aid

Actually yes it's called progressive descipline. Are you that enlightened that you have never heard of it? Ask any union guy and he will explain that to you or just go back to kindergarten where it is practiced on my 5 year old because he can even grasp the concept that seems to elude you.

No but I do speak from personal experience and since I work at a company where the teamsters is already in I do believe I know more about how the system works then you do. Maybe you should learn to ask questions and accept the answers even if you don't like what the answers say. You need to open your mind. Oh and FYI I never claimed the union would take away all your or my problems however they can help with disciplinary issues if you let them

So your telling me that if we vote the Union in and we run in to the back of somebody they can't fire us??? Really. Take another Bid swig of that IBT Kool-aid

Please, ask me all about it. Steward for 15+ years and I have seen my share of progressive discipline. Ask questions. Educate yourself.

If someone is employed by a company and that company is acquired by another, there is implied agreement the minute that employee reports to work the day after the acquisition.

Just because someone's opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean their opinion is wrong. It also doesn't mean that person is "cutting you down" either. You need to grow some thicker skin.

How do you expect a company to take you seriously when all you can do is cry like a little baby when someone disagrees with you?

Guardrail

who's crying your the one that that got on here and started bashing GOING CRAZY when he was talking to someone else. so if me sticking my nose in this conversation makes me a cry baby that means we both are. just saying our opinions may differ but you saying what you just did makes you no different then me. :6781::crybaby:

who's crying your the one that that got on here and started bashing GOING CRAZY when he was talking to someone else. so if me sticking my nose in this conversation makes me a cry baby that means we both are. just saying our opinions may differ but you saying what you just did makes you no different then me. :6781::crybaby:

This is a public message board. If you want a private conversation, take it to PM. You are included in a group people on here that I think wouldn't know truck driving if it put tire tracks on your foot. You can't help it, this is all you know.

There is nothing wrong with wanting better for yourself. The problem I see is many don't want to prove that they are worth it. Statements like "XYZ company makes blah...blah...blah" prove this. Why should it matter what they make? It should be that you are the best in the industry. Start acting like it. Prove that you are worth it. Stop accusing anyone anyone that doesn't agree with you of being the enemy. Start trying to figure out how to win them over to your way of thinking. This grade school approach is going nowhere.

I asked a simple question that answered itself. To you I was "Bashing" that member. That is ludicrous.

Guardrail

...It should be that you are the best in the industry. Start acting like it. Prove that you are worth it...

Guardrail

Actually, it can be proven that we are among the best in the industry. 1st we'd need to agree on the definition of "Best", in this case. There are numbers to support the case, as far as productivity, safety, service (formerly customer opinion), etc. To excel at being a true professional, takes some extreme commitment, in this industry, especially at this company, with it's current "efficiency first approach".

I rather like the post (by you) on the qualities of a professional driver.

...Being a professional begins with attitude.

A profession truck driver looks the part first. Take pride in your appearance, not only personal but your equipment too. Public perception is key. What is Joe public going to think when they see you and your truck going down the road?

Next is how you apply professionalism to your craft. Do you educate yourself to know everything about you job? If they give you a trailer with hazmat, do you trust the shirt for placarding or do you check the paperwork and verify the correct placarding? That doesn't mean you know everything about hazmat, it just means you know where to look to find the answers.

The biggest aspect of a professional truck driver's responsibilities is how they apply their craft on the road. Once again, public perception is the big one. A professional driver will obey all the traffic laws, not just the ones they want to. Passing another truck that is running at close to the same speed? Wait for traffic to clear before attempting the pass. Minimize the impact on other vehicles. The public doesn't understand the concept of a governed truck. Is someone trying to pass you but is having a difficult time because of their governed speed? The professional will kick the cruise off or slow slightly to let them accomplish the pass in a timely fashion.

A professional driver will not block a fuel lane to get his or her snack just because they are in a hurry. It all boils down to consideration. The professional driver considers how his or her actions will impact other people around them.

Voting in a union will not magically transform the "me first" driver into a professional, just like having a "MD" at the end of your name won't make you a professional. Professionalism comes from proper home training while growing up, something many drivers never received. Is it possible to become a professional without proper home training? Sure is, but it takes personal responsibility and a respect for yourself first.

I'll admit, I don't follow all the guidelines to being a professional all the time. We are all human beings. We all make mistakes. Being a professional is about recognizing where we can improve and taking the proper steps to make that improvement.

Actually, it can be proven that we are among the best in the industry. 1st we'd need to agree on the definition of "Best", in this case. There are numbers to support the case, as far as productivity, safety, service (formerly customer opinion), etc. To excel at being a true professional, takes some extreme commitment, in this industry, especially at this company, with it's current "efficiency first approach".

I rather like the post (by you) on the qualities of a professional driver.
But proving you are the best on paper is not enough. That's what the big wigs look at, but that's not what I was referring to. If you are the best, the paper trail will show it. There's no need to fabricate the numbers on paper. Unfortunately, in today's world, it's not how the job is done, it's how it appears the job is done.

Guardrail

But proving you are the best on paper is not enough. That's what the big wigs look at, but that's not what I was referring to. If you are the best, the paper trail will show it. There's no need to fabricate the numbers on paper. Unfortunately, in today's world, it's not how the job is done, it's how it appears the job is done.

Guardrail
Then all those trophies won at the TDCs don't mean anything about who is best. Unless of course it's management posting them on the back.

Then all those trophies won at the TDCs don't mean anything about who is best. Unless of course it's management posting them on the back.
A TDC trophy means you figured out the contest. I'm not taking anything away from the winners, just giving my observation.

Guardrail