FedEx Freight | Hit the survey!

How has that been proven? The same complaints are consistent year after year. That's like saying ABF will get a better contract if nobody votes.
we only get meeting about the survey if particapation is low. if it is high ,we don't get anything said regardless of good or bad. they want to know why no one took it. that's how it has been proven,,,,,,,,,at least in CHS it works that way

Absolutely, but I can't really blast management here lol

That's why I asked if anybody follows up. I have a lot more to say.
Yeah you can blast management here....just don't use names (especially for local management)..... I do it often...it has worked in some instances... I also have taken ABF surveys (which I put my name on in case they want to talk) and used ABFs info roundtable and received a call from the Regional Vice President....all LTL companies have somebody that reads these boards...

Yeah you can blast management here....just don't use names (especially for local management)..... I do it often...it has worked in some instances... I also have taken ABF surveys (which I put my name on in case they want to talk) and used ABFs info roundtable and received a call from the Regional Vice President....all LTL companies have somebody that reads these boards...
I heard from some 034 drivers, ABF is looking into a survey on the increase in mirror loss in the upstate New York area? What's that all about?

Yeah, I want to name names but rules. I take my complaints to ethics and send out emails, but nothing really changes (depending on the supervisor). They all leave me alone which is a plus, but they still suck at their jobs.

What's an info roundtable?

we only get meeting about the survey if particapation is low. if it is high ,we don't get anything said regardless of good or bad. they want to know why no one took it. that's how it has been proven,,,,,,,,,at least in CHS it works that way

That doesn't happen at our barn. You either take it or you don't. What happens at the meeting? Is it like pre shift when everybody walks in having something to say and then they turn into a clam when a purple shirt walks in?

Clams get harvested thats why.

Some employers have those before work. I usually spoke up. No one would. That caused a number of conflicts with management.

I remember one locally where a pallet shop forklift worker played games on gravel. Burned circles with it. Tried a figure 8 or something crazy. The thing flopped killing him right there.

The Boss in our meeting told that incident which happened before the body was cold and said it was a waste of effort to teach safety when people will disregard it.

I said NO REALLY!? Why are we in here then?

Silence. They were not happy. Those meetings were not the kind employees and underlings speak up in. You stay a clam when spoken to. So the workers have nothing. There is no point.

Yeah, I want to name names but rules. I take my complaints to ethics and send out emails, but nothing really changes (depending on the supervisor). They all leave me alone which is a plus, but they still suck at their jobs.

What's an info roundtable?
Info roundtable is a way to ask questions of ABF management which they post on the company website in the employee portal....of course they have never printed one that my steward or I have written (and I can attest mine are well written) but they usually do answer them, as I have heard from the Regional Vice President and a safety person...the rest of the time answers came from my TM....my steward has only gotten answers from the TM....

Why are ya'll scared to put your ID in?

Hell, ya'll remind me of the same bunch that bitched nonstop, but got cold feet when a regional MGR or director came for the yearly visit.

"Anyone have any questions?"
Heads down,,,, not a peep.

Be bold. Don't be scared to speak up.
Now those... the brass hat shows up and asks if anyone in this outfit has questions.

We aint got time for questions. Just being with the big suit is taking away from our productivity and making money. Waste of time.

You dont ask questions of those big suits. The sooner they are off the property the faster your little immediate bosses get their hair smoothed out and back to work. You are all late already. Get going. =)

I have been with orientations with say DM Bowman where big suits show up hefting large titles high up in the ivory tower. They then stand there spewing about how we are all one family, open door policy, yadda yadda yadda for a hour.

Sheesh. get out already Big Bossyman. We cannot wait to get to work.

Ever since then if a suit has shoes that squeak and no fuel on them, then its not a suit I want around.

And they wonder why I get so difficult to manage. I know not to be on the yard when those kinds of visits are in progress. You aint gonna see me wasting time there.

With that said. There is ONE suit in my lifetime who would get right into the tractor and deal with the fuel filters that were not doing well. Oil, grease, fuel etc no problem get hands dirty.

I have since then and will again drive to the gates of hell for that particular suit. Damn few of those in this industry. The rest are as big empty cheese doodles and a waste of all of our money and time.

Hell, ya'll remind me of the same bunch that bitched nonstop, but got cold feet when a regional MGR or director came for the yearly visit.

I spoke up at the round table meetings and said it to their face. Nothing said or done about any of the issues, even when the whole room was in agreement. They claimed they'd do something and left. I've done the survey in years past and seen no results. If not taking it gets them to come back and I can corner someone and make it clear with all these sign on bonuses and top pay out the gate we have more reason to leave than we do to stay I will. Fire me give me a reason to take one of these other offers.

they don't care about the responses, only the number that take it. low numbers taken will get questions asked, high numbers taken and bad marks equals nothing said..........this theory has been proven over the past few years
This is spot on! Our regional said they don't care about the answers and can deal with it. They just need participation numbers high.

Apparently you missed the part about the survey being anonymous?? The whole point of survey is for those people who are afraid to speak up to have a voice to let fed ex know how they are doing. If those timid people want to remain anonymous do you really think after they put in id they are going to answer the questions honestly? Hell no. I for one am disappointed they took the comment section away, not that it changed anything or the comments you left were addressed.

My MD said it was anonymous and I truly do believe him. Here is why:

This is a third party company that deals exclusively in surveys. Why would they put their name on the line in order to rat out to FedEx the employee or employees who rated a center badly? Especially if as a lot of you guys seem to think here, the company is all bad from the sup level up. So from that viewpoint would they even care about the bad anyway if it came from those vocal ones who always dog the company? They would just say "oh its just so and so" and move on. It just doesn't track for that company (Perceptyx) to get bad reviews and put their livelihood and business model on the line because they leaked confidential answers for that. Only reason they have you put the ID in is so they can verify you took it one time (those participation numbers) and that the feedback gets to the correct center.

Are some TM's only gonna drive participation and not care about the result? I am sure some do, but by not participating I really do feel I am not actively contributing to solutions.

There are no solutions to contribute to.

I remember a B&B Concrete Company Dinner held in Little Rock at some banquet place. Assembled all of us drivers and peons in front of the three Bosses who were also owners etc.

They spend a hour dictating to us. Good things, bad things and whoopsies in particular.

None of us had much to contribute. We were there for a free meal and maybe a bit of socializing.

I left that night knowing two facts burned in fire. First. The management will do what they will do when they decide to do it after they see fit to do so. The drivers and peons below them dont matter. Unless they were underperforming and wasting the company moneyl.

The other thing. We had no voice that contributed to solutions. I had a orientation lined up the following monday and it was timely that week as things worked out to its logical conclusion there.

My MD said it was anonymous and I truly do believe him. Here is why:

This is a third party company that deals exclusively in surveys. Why would they put their name on the line in order to rat out to FedEx the employee or employees who rated a center badly? Especially if as a lot of you guys seem to think here, the company is all bad from the sup level up. So from that viewpoint would they even care about the bad anyway if it came from those vocal ones who always dog the company? They would just say "oh its just so and so" and move on. It just doesn't track for that company (Perceptyx) to get bad reviews and put their livelihood and business model on the line because they leaked confidential answers for that. Only reason they have you put the ID in is so they can verify you took it one time (those participation numbers) and that the feedback gets to the correct center.

Are some TM's only gonna drive participation and not care about the result? I am sure some do, but by not participating I really do feel I am not actively contributing to solutions.
Nothing changes after the survey, so really understand the point of it all.