Hockey Anyone?

Ok.
I've gone through many repeats of games.
I know they won't be back anytime soon even though they say they will.
But I do miss hockey. Bad.
I'd even watch baseball! I like baseball and I'd watch anyway.
Nascar.... Golf.... Horse racing.... doesn't do a thing for me.
I'm trying to be patient.......
:17142:

I palyed & reffed this game for 30 years. And the funniest to watch or ref was the Mighty Mites & Pee Wee age group. Every Saturday @ the rink would make all the high lite reels. On or off the ice watching these budding hockey players would make your week. von. von.

Thanks Von.
They are good to watch.
I skated back when I was little. (in the early 60's)
Just for fun back in Detroit we had an outside rink we'd go to.
I made it past double blades. Never played hockey. Just skated.

Thanks Von.
They are good to watch.
I skated back when I was little. (in the early 60's)
Just for fun back in Detroit we had an outside rink we'd go to.
I made it past double blades. Never played hockey. Just skated.
With the Mighty Mites it was especially funny to watch them. Like slap stick comedy. My first game of them as a ref I went to help a kid who had fallen, but my partner & a coach told me no. They would learn to get back on their feet themselves. And of course they did. But watching them skate using their sticks like a cane was priceless. And 15 years later, me being a little slower, it was a full time job to stay out of the way of now Junior Division players. Mity Mites turned in to a 6'3 250lb left wing that if he hit you, it would be stretcher time, not Miller Time. von.

Gotta love it, Canucks win over Knights.
Demko #1 star. Watched him grow up. Had the privilege of coaching him; so proud. A fine young man. #not worthy

I was waiting for someone else to say that
Chara is a good person. But damn..... Now I'm waiting for the Flys to get knocked out.

Ok..... Everyone pretty well knows I follow the Red Wings.
And anyone who follows hockey knows they stunk this past season.
Sooooo.... The playoffs are coming to an end soon and I've enjoyed the hell out of it.
Several game sevens. Some excellent hockey games.
Period.
But seeing how my team stunk I've lowered my standards and have been watching the Stars. After all I live sw of the metroplex I guess it's the team I should root for.
And I find myself doing that.
I truly didn't think they would pull off a game seven against the Av's. Who I might say have had an excellent run themselves.
Just some great hockey being played right now.
I'm glad no cases have showed up while they have been in the "bubble". That's a feat in itself. And to be away from family and freinds for this long has to be hard for the players. This is how much the most treasured trophy means.
The Stanley Cup.
Not much has been said on this thread lately. I guess I may have just made up for that.
And I'm looking forward to whoever gets in and plays for the Cup.
Although some would argue. Hockey is the best sport out there.
My opinion.
If your watching the playoffs.
Enjoy!

Any Stars fans here?
How bout this Stars?
First trip to the cup in 20 years.
Gonna have their work cut out if they play Tampa.