FedEx Freight | How Did We Get To This Point?!

There has to be surprise visits from corporate and a real way for employees to have interactions with regional leadership.

#1 well written , thank you.
#2 It's called Snapshot but usually it gets leaked and all the dots
on the i's and t's are crossed ahead of time by your TM.
It's fun to see the rats run when they don't know ahead of time.
#3 FDX is here daily lurking and reading , I know , I've been pulled
in the office for a spanking. They say we are a dead issue but why
do they spend the day here.:732::barbershop quartet member: They know who we are.

People abuse any policy. If management would work with its people instead of spreadsheet numbers things may go better.
So work with a guy who has an issue everyday:
- Car broke down
- Has to leave early because girlfriend needs him
- cousins sister bf got shot
- dog died and I’m sad
- my gf is sick so I have to help her

you think I am joking but I am not. The same jokesters do this all the time. And there are a bunch of them.

but hey! Let them off and YOU can work OT.

- Car broke down
- dog died and I’m sad

you think I am joking but I am not. The same jokesters do this all the time. And there are a bunch of them.

Management abuses there own off policy also because there paid the same regardless. So quit acting like your the best manager ever. You just wont admit your faults . Live with what your given to work with. If you cant handle it move on to a better job.

Management abuses there own off policy also because there paid the same regardless. So quit acting like your the best manager ever. You just wont admit your faults . Live with what your given to work with. If you cant handle it move on to a better job.
He already admitted with his time off for his sex change. Ain't that right Georgette?

I’m telling you, his brother is the manager!

But he is one of the few drivers to keep a job after putting a set in the median!:-D

I don't know what happened to FedEx as a whole and I haven't been here that long, but i can tell you the issues at my center.

The first issue is promoting from within. I can see the upside to that, but the reality is that somebody gets into a position of power and all they do is help their friends. I've seen numerous things covered up (tardies, forklift negligence and even people having sex in trailers in the yard) and while everyone knows about it nothing gets done until something really bad happens and it gets back to corporate.

The second issue is quantity over quality. "We don't ship air" and bills per hour are foolishness. What's the point in moving 10 bills per hour if you're destroying half of them. Forcing in a handling unit to get your trailer up to 13 or 14k at the expense of the freight behind it is stupid. Especially when there are 20 other LTL companies around you that charge less.

The third issue is nobody cares, it's business as usual. If only one person reports an issue nothing will be done . Instead of complaining to each other, reach out to ethics and go over the leadership in your center. We also have to be United. You care about my issues and I'll care about yours, otherwise we're fighting losing battles here. This is when Union talk start and FedEx says "hey, relax. We can work this out let's talk."

Fourth, people feel entitled nowadays. I come across so many drivers that started last month and are mad they're not going to make what the number 10 city driver makes. Nobody understands that everybody starts at the bottom. So, they refuse to work or do things right. Because their dock buddy got promoted to supervisor, they get away with it.

The main issue is that centers run independently. You can write all the corporate mumbo jumbo you want and put it on the intranet and on posters, it doesn't mean anything. There has to be surprise visits from corporate and a real way for employees to have interactions with regional leadership.
very good answer! we don't have the problem of drivers wanting what the number 10 gets though. most of our new hires are either derelicts or college kids who go through our driver training program twice to be "qualified". they are making more money than they ever could with there degree. its really brought down the quality of experienced drivers

- Car broke down
- dog died and I’m sad

I wouldn't mind the overtime. trouble is we just over hire fore those who will not work!

Ya'll been watching the news?
Amazon is playing for keeps.

Meanwhile, FX's % of packages divered on time is below UPS, and Amazon. FedEx's reputation is taking a beating. I don't know what's around the corner, but Fx better unfvck itself double quick.
personally I could give a crap about those package guys. we're talking freight here.

Things are not what they were just look at the mess Ground/Home
Delivery has become , the drivers can't read ''back door del'' on the
labels even.

They see it, they just don't care. It's easy to not care when there are no consequences. Per policy, FedEx can have no contact with the driver. They can only contact the business contact of the contractor. They can disqualify a driver for various reasons, but they can't speak to them.

It's also the typical attitude of today's worker. They try to break everything down hourly when they agree to a salaried position. The results are people rushing and making us all look bad.

#1 well written , thank you.
#2 It's called Snapshot but usually it gets leaked and all the dots
on the i's and t's are crossed ahead of time by your TM.
It's fun to see the rats run when they don't know ahead of time.
#3 FDX is here daily lurking and reading , I know , I've been pulled
in the office for a spanking. They say we are a dead issue but why
do they spend the day here.:732::barbershop quartet member: They know who we are.

I know they know about it because there was one day I saw a bunch of purple shirts looking neater than usual. Fresh haircuts and shirts tucked in. The weirder part is that they were all cleaning the dock. Picking up dunnage, airbags and broken wood. They used a leaf blower to blow the dust out the dock doors.

They lurk and read but don't care because it's the same contributors voicing concern. That makes it a dead issue.

let’s talk about the last PENDING SNOW DAY. Over 60% of the workforce called out and it barely dusted the ground. People calling out HOURS after it quit “dusting”. Road were clean.

we were behind for over a WEEK.
You think I am only speaking to drivers. I am not.

office employees call out.
Dockworkers call out.
Supervisors call out.
I’ll make one more point and I’ll get off my soapbox.

The same employees who take advantage of my above scenarios are the same employees who complain about using their cell phone for two minutes to call dispatch.

All this from the SAME GUY that advocates "getting tough" with Drivers, who actually followed company Policy on cell phone use. :clapping:

Apparently that same leadership tactic has consequences (across the board), and this Manager can't understand why. :scratchhead:

:idunno:

Last edited:
personally I could give a crap about those package guys. we're talking freight here.
Do you have any idea how small Freight is compared to the rest of the Fx world?
Think of Fx as a car.
In order of importance to the car being drivable,,,
Express is the engine, Ground is the transmission ect.
Freight is the Hula Girl on the dash.

If the transmission, engine, frame, a/c and body all cease to function, are you going to keep the car because the Hula Girl still works?

You should give a crap about those package guys because Ground and Express comprise about 90% of Fedex Corporation. Fedex Freight is a very small piece of the pie at only about 10%. If the mother ship goes down it could drag us down as well.
I'm sure that they're gonna be out of business in the next tear or 2!!

They aren't going out of business!!! They were shipping long before Amazon and will continue. as long as Fred can get some bozo to drive for half of ups" rate and benefits it will continue. I think we're safe over at freight. If not somebody has to try to pickup the slack of 100,000 shipments per day. jobs will be plentiful

Think of Fx as a car.
In order of importance to the car being drivable,,,
Express is the engine, Ground is the transmission ect.
Freight is the Hula Girl on the dash.

If the transmission, engine, frame, a/c and body all cease to function, are you going to keep the car because the Hula Girl still works?
No, but you’ll take it out and put it in your new car.

If FedEx were to get into trouble financially, they could easily sell off the profitable Freight division and we would continue on under a new name. Again...