FedEx Freight | How many applications or are you leaving ?

How many applications do you have out there or are you just leaving ?

• 1 application

• 2 application

• 3 application

• 4 application

• 5 I'm just leaving , done with it all .

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trust me!!!! You will work for that 100k too!!! All 3 of those companies you mentioned don’t mind taking your BACK either. You will fingerprint everything you see!!!

It wasn't meant to be long term, just something to challenge myself. See if I can do it, but knowing me I'd end up hurt because I'm too stubborn to stop.

I also reached to pilot flying j because I'd like to try tankers. 23/hr, 5 12 hour days. Pass.

Stay the corse fellas. Wait until October before seeing if the grass is any greener. If the company gives us all the shaft, you will see the biggest exodus since, well, The Exodus. Hang in there!
Nope, there are great job offers out there right now with sign on bonuses and top pay out the gate. Right now, I get a pay raise day 1 for leaving with a bonus. If I wait till October then its wait till spring l, don't want to be at the bottom in the winter. Fedex has had their chance and refused to take it. Its time to leave now while there are very attractive alternatives available.

Nope, there are great job offers out there right now with sign on bonuses and top pay out the gate. Right now, I get a pay raise day 1 for leaving with a bonus. If I wait till October then its wait till spring l, don't want to be at the bottom in the winter. Fedex has had their chance and refused to take it. Its time to leave now while there are very attractive alternatives available.

:6788:

Nobody said any of those things and I think truckingBORED's response was a solid response. You're logic is that people shouldn't seek employment else where because "what if". That argument is the weakest there is.

This is when you should test the market and get what is most valuable to you be it health insurance, money or time off. Different strokes for different folks. Instead of management taking notice and becoming more competitive in the compensation package and communication, the response is always "we wish you the best blah blah blah". The problem with that is that at a time when FedEx is desperate, because they are, the response isn't too make things better, it's don't leave because "what if"
I was in IT and job hopping was the norm to climb the salary ladder. Now the same circumstance have hit trucking I think people should take advantage of the situation to improve their position.

Presently at FXF, when I got into this racket in 73 if you couldn't defend yourself physically, mentally and psychologically, there was no place for you here. Now, if you are able to do those things, there is no place for you here. Many years as a teamster, will never see a pension there. XPO, waiting to be sold to the next overseas conglomerate. R and L, Estes all trying to catch up. If you are going to jump, O D has it on a string right now, and right now they are willing to be a decent employer. It will never cease to amaze me that a man can be bought off with a free hamburger! If that's Important to you, stay at FXF. Some things will never change.

It wasn't meant to be long term, just something to challenge myself. See if I can do it, but knowing me I'd end up hurt because I'm too stubborn to stop.

I also reached to pilot flying j because I'd like to try tankers. 23/hr, 5 12 hour days. Pass.
I relate to the challenge aspect because I did it when I changed careers a few years ago. Got my CDL 3 years ago hauling beer. Worked for them 2 years, aged myself 10 years. My back is trash, and I'll likely have nagging injuries the rest of my life. I'm 35.

That Pilot gig pays better than my GXG linehaul gig. Doing 60 hours at 23 an hour grosses $1,380. Not bad money in my part of the country. Don't think I'd like to try maneuvering in and out of some of the ridiculous postage-stamp-sized Pilots with a long tank tho.

ehhhh , easy stuff ......
You got to be a professional , I put the biggest trucks in
places that nobody would . I was a pro and did my job .
Guys would bring stuff back and say it can't be done ,
I delivered it the next day no problem , I'M no hero
just a professional driver not some spoon feed cry baby .

The only thing that aggravates me is the slip seating now. I am not against slip seating but I have a 500+ mile daytime run and I get back easily in time, I slip seat with a night driver who also has a 500+ mile run and he does not get back on time and I usually have to get another truck. It's not his fault. The truck they gave me Thursday literally had a pine cone collection in it and wires everywhere, a box in the floorboard as big as one of those rubbermaid storage boxes. Doubt it gets fixed but who knows.

The only thing that aggravates me is the slip seating now. I am not against slip seating but I have a 500+ mile daytime run and I get back easily in time, I slip seat with a night driver who also has a 500+ mile run and he does not get back on time and I usually have to get another truck. It's not his fault. The truck they gave me Thursday literally had a pine cone collection in it and wires everywhere, a box in the floorboard as big as one of those rubbermaid storage boxes. Doubt it gets fixed but who knows.
I'm sorry but that is one of the best (worst) truck driver stories I have heard. Pine cones LMAO. I have to shake my head & laugh cause I'm lucky enough to be retired.
Mt Hood Christmas GIF by Four Rest Films

Where there wheel chains in the box? In case you had to chain up ?

You running up here to 29th street meet?

That's the worst thing , slip-seating . I always had my own unit and it was perfect all the time . My jobs (2) of them before AF/FDXF the owners gave me brand new units after they seen my work ethics and what my units looked like . I was proud of my trucks and got many compliments from customers , drivers and shop hands .