FedEx Freight | How many applications or are you leaving ?

How many applications do you have out there or are you just leaving ?

• 1 application

• 2 application

• 3 application

• 4 application

• 5 I'm just leaving , done with it all .

Results are only viewable after voting.
I left after 17 years. Best decision ever. Don’t get me wrong I had a lot of great years there and starting over sucks, but at least I know my family and I have a better future. FedEx has the PSP plan but it’s all about profit. They don’t care about the people or the service anymore. Lots of great people left that company on the hourly and management side. Good luck to those who stay.

I left after 17 years. Best decision ever. Don’t get me wrong I had a lot of great years there and starting over sucks, but at least I know my family and I have a better future. FedEx has the PSP plan but it’s all about profit. They don’t care about the people or the service anymore. Lots of great people left that company on the hourly and management side. Good luck to those who stay.

PSP= Profit some more Profit. Oh wait it should be PSMP

Sweet I hope a bunch of guys above me at our barn have apps out. Looking to move up certainly not start over.
You will be top of the ::shit:: pile soon enough, alone, looking over your shoulder for the next one trying to move up, and making less than those who see what this company is trying to become. At a certain point seniority don't mean anything. I've seen more backstabbing in this seniority environment that we have than I have seen anywhere.

And you might be right. Conversely, you jump ship and make that extra cash while it’s “hot”. But then things start to go the other way and you are sitting at the bottom of the board. Meanwhile, the guy that was below you is now making more than you and has enough seniority to avoid being laid off. Might be worth considering. Stay safe out there.
There is a term that applies equally to this conversation.

"No Balls - No Blue Chips"

Look it up, if your are not familiar with it.

There are 3 things FedEx Freight Inc. will never offer hourly / mileage people. One of those is retiree healthcare. The others are top shelf insurance AND prevailing wage.

Note: there are significant differences between FedEx Freight Inc. and FedEx Freight Corporation. Again, if your not familiar - look it up.

There are 3 things FedEx Freight Inc. will never offer hourly / mileage people. One of those is retiree healthcare. The others are top shelf insurance AND prevailing wage.

Note: there are significant differences between FedEx Freight Inc. and FedEx Freight Corporation. Again, if your not familiar - look it up.
That’s why the industry is desperate to hire more women, they’re “risk adverse “. ;)

Most notable being one has retirement insurance while the other doesn’t.

Here's a job for you! The Polaks are paying 90cpm now!
1099 and working for Polaks means they will pay you whenever they feel like it. Meanwhile the boss is driving a brand new Mercedes benz AMG for which he paid $100k.

You don't want to work for them.

3 smoke.
1) UPS Feeder. Had my first interview and was basically hired but have to wait for 2nd interview with someone else for whatever reason

2) Estes. Linehaul driver.

3) OD. Linehaul driver. Offering top scale to sign on and benefits are awesome. Terminal manager said just stop in during the week to talk. I have a doctor appointment coming up and plan to go that day after my appointment.

this is all after 20 years of spotless service here but i just can’t afford to be a FDXF employee anymore and I’m done with the ********
Nothing like moving up in the world! Glad you will be happy . :)

I've put in a few applications. Some call, some don't. I've applied to and had conversations with Sysco, US Foods and Pepsi.

Sysco seemed like the most standup company, but the commute was a little over an hour. Can't do it.

US Foods required constant layovers, they have the same 401K match we have here and they said they'd get back to me on the medical. They told me I'd average 100K a year (they broke it down for me, but I forgot) and offered a 10K sign on bonus. Can't/won't do layovers and it felt like compensation/benefits/retirement would be the same as FedEx with more work and being away from home.

Pepsi is on a 4/10 schedule with the option to work 5 and 6 with 6 being double time. No 401k match, but there is a pension. The pension pays out the average amount when you combine your 5 highest grossing years. Their insurance is top notch. The cheapest plan is our 80/20, additional spouse 100 a month. It costs 50 a week and covers everything from physicals to in vitro fertilization (up to 35k and up to two times over the course of the plan. The most expensive plan had a breakdown of copays and that is what you paid. No deductibles. This cost about 170 a month for my family of 3. The pay is what killed it for me. 23/hr and in 5 years they'd hit 26. It's too low for risk I'm taking (pulling into small gas stations during lunch) and the beating my body would take. And their equipment is trash. Think our L units, but internationals and filthy. They were all filthy and falling apart.
Trust me, no other company going to make you happy! Everything seem like an issue with you. lol

Presently at FXF, when I got into this racket in 73 if you couldn't defend yourself physically, mentally and psychologically, there was no place for you here. Now, if you are able to do those things, there is no place for you here. Many years as a teamster, will never see a pension there. XPO, waiting to be sold to the next overseas conglomerate. R and L, Estes all trying to catch up. If you are going to jump, O D has it on a string right now, and right now they are willing to be a decent employer. It will never cease to amaze me that a man can be bought off with a free hamburger! If that's Important to you, stay at FXF. Some things will never change.
Od uses hamburgers hot dogs and sometimes steak and chicken.

I think what he means is that every company has it's BS. Have a good friend that left FxF after 18 years for OD. He regrets it. He works 6 days a week to make what he made here in 5, and that's after 5 years in at OD. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you crossover.

Nah, that's not what he meant. He's saying that because I found issue with the companies I spoke with, I should settle with where I am.

It's like they say, the stuff that settles sits at the bottom.

I make the best decisions I can with the all of the information I can get. I came to FedEx for 1 reason. To get my CDL. I got it and fulfilled my obligation to FedEx.

Can I spend the next 20+ years at FedEx.... Maybe. But I'll continue to explore my options and see what other companies are offering.