ODFL | Leave the phone alone

I've had my new tractor and camera since April and it's stressing me out. I'm more irritated and edgy in traffic. The coaches told our drivers after the first year with the cameras OD is going to start disciplining the drivers.
We've had forward and rear facing cameras were I work for several years.You get used to them It's not that bad.

We have a reflection from the back glass too especially at night look over your rt shoulder. Use your headset to call or make a one touch short cut on your phone if possible

not OD but XPO had a driver 3rd strike with phone reflection,
dash to rear window to camera.
But even when I show them it wasn't his phone it was llight from truck's
on-guard they still fired him because of his interview investigation.
when he said basically something like how could it even see he i
put the visor down to block the camera, which is a violation in itself

We had our meetings about the cameras this past week after having them for 6 months. They still haven't told us what all the triggered events are. They're begging drivers to not touch their phones. They fired three guys and two quit last week over the cameras. We can't hire anyone and we're buried in freight.
We've had forward and rear facing cameras were I work for several years.You get used to them It's not that bad.
That's sounds like an abusive relationship. That's a wife explaining to her friend how she handles her husband when he's been drinking.

It’s easy to say just don’t do anything wrong, but the truth is we work long days and have a lot to pay attention to.

At the end of the day the simple brain fart act of picking up your phone to move it or whatever can now cost you your job.

When OD announced these cameras they “promised” no disciplinary action, as well as no interest in what happens in-cab according to memos. Ultimately turned out to be lies.
Morale is down around my locale at least, wouldn’t be surprised to see an exodus soon. Corporate propaganda trying to paint the cameras as a good thing for drivers has already started, tough sell when close to a half dozen drivers get shown the door in a week.
Impeccable timing as we’re already short drivers and every other company in the nation is hiring right now…makes you wonder who thought this was a good plan. That raise sure came with a lot of baggage

So you are a city guy,who needs a gps to find his way, calls customers to give an ETA, thinks OD will be screwed if you can’t use your phone, and will have to find other employment because of cameras? As long as you can’t live without your phone, maybe call the FMCSA,and tell them?
When I started to work for Ryder in 1955, I promised to never use my GPS while driving.
I can truthfully say, I never used my GPS until the day I retired in 1990.

When I started to work for Ryder in 1955, I promised to never use my GPS while driving.
I can truthfully say, I never used my GPS until the day I retired in 1990.

I've told people that before the big rims and tires craze became popular, my dad was riding around on 24.5 inch rims. He wasn't even a gangsta rapper and was cutting edge even 40 years ago.

Besides, MC Yellow Roadway wasn't very catchy.