Yellow | Logging off duty / while waiting for freight warning letters

When we go to elogs and show up for our run if the load isn't ready that means a truck hasn't been hooked yet how will you log on duty?

XDVr6Cx.jpg
When I'm in a hotel getting paid why would I log that on duty?

Get in an accident and have the lawyers find out you went over hours for that day by getting paid off the clock for whatever reason. They will have a field day with the lawsuit, with the driver and the company.
That is not what I said. They only care if you're logging it correctly, not if you're being paid or not. So yes, you can log of duty and still be paid.
You mean off duty not driving, there is a deferance. Off duty doesn't go against your seventy, but off duty not driving does. When having these discussions we have to specify which one.

You mean off duty not driving, there is a deferance. Off duty doesn't go against your seventy, but off duty not driving does. When having these discussions we have to specify which one.
Off duty is off duty. There is no off duty not driving

Somebody said if you are getting paid its on duty.

Don't believe everything someone says. Getting paid for certain time has absolutely nothing to do with how that time is logged. Two totally separate issues. You get paid for vacation time, do you log that as on duty not driving? Of course not.

Somebody said if you are getting paid its on duty.
Yes, either driving or on duty not driving.you can only show a one hour meal/lunch break off duty once in a 14 hr period, other than that, once you go off duty, must show a 10hr break.

Don't believe everything someone says. Getting paid for certain time has absolutely nothing to do with how that time is logged. Two totally separate issues. You get paid for vacation time, do you log that as on duty not driving? Of course not.
How are we going to log on duty with elogs when the load isn't ready?

Yes, either driving or on duty not driving.you can only show a one hour meal/lunch break off duty once in a 14 hr period, other than that, once you go off duty, must show a 10hr break.
What I am trying to say is road drivers get paid layover in hotels all the time. We log hotel time off duty. If you show up at 8am and your load isn't ready legally you don't have to log on duty. I know the contract says to log it on duty and I do. But if your truck isn't ready yet you have zero responsibilities for any Yrc equipment and are allowed to leave the property if you want

How are we going to log on duty with elogs when the load isn't ready?
The computers in the terminals can access the Elogs. All they have to do is log you in on your start time if truck or load not ready. Ask a Walmart driver. They can monitor pretty much everything the truck is doing once you leave in it.

X, contractual linehaul drivers also are not SUPPOSE to use the 34hr reset even though it is a federal law that driver's can. But the locals don't enforce it.

The computers in the terminals can access the Elogs. All they have to do is log you in on your start time if truck or load not ready. Ask a Walmart driver. They can monitor pretty much everything the truck is doing once you leave in it.
If the load isn't ready there is not a truck to send the info too for the elog.

X, contractual linehaul drivers also are not SUPPOSE to use the 34hr reset even though it is a federal law that driver's can. But the locals don't enforce it.
I've received letters for going over my 70 when we were busy. It was my fault I didn't keep track. No need to keep track now it's so slow

What I am trying to say is road drivers get paid layover in hotels all the time. We log hotel time off duty. If you show up at 8am and your load isn't ready legally you don't have to log on duty. I know the contract says to log it on duty and I do. But if your truck isn't ready yet you have zero responsibilities for any Yrc equipment and are allowed to leave the property if you want

Not entirely true. If you show up for work at your designated time and your load isn't ready you are on duty not driving. The only way you can legally log that time as off duty is if management/dispatcher tells you that you can leave the premises (and do whatever you want) for a specific amount of time and return at that specific time for your work assignment.

Our contract can't allow or force us to break any laws but can prevent us from certain behavior that the law allows. No issues there.

Each company usually issues documentation regarding how much off duty time a driver can log for meals/breaks during a tour of duty. Some used to issue wallet sized cards drivers could carry with them.

My friend, people faught for these work rules and conditions, and some died. If you choose to give these companies all your time, it's ok with me, just do me a favor any PLEASE let them know to only, and only take advantage of your kindness. Back in 2013/2014 in the mou, the company expressed an issue with absenteeism. I disagreed, I said it was a driver shortage problem. If you feel working 80+hrs a week is a good deal for yourself (two full time jobs) I'm happy for you, it better for me, shouldn't realy be an absenteeism problem. Should balance itself out.