TForce | Mechanics contract

skeeterhawk

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know if the mechanics who joined the machinists union have a contract? if there are any mechanics on this board, tell us what's happening in your area.

thank

Does anyone know if the mechanics who joined the machinists union have a contract? if there are any mechanics on this board, tell us what's happening in your area.

thank

Not a mechaneck....But the SLC shop is signed on to the machinists....Got the atta boy letter and are waiting to move on.....

Current UPS Freight locations signed by IAM:

Chicago, IL

Detroit, MI

Kansas City, Kansas

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

St Louis, MO

Richmond, VA

Reno, NV

Springfield, Massachusetts

Southborough, Massachusetts

Toledo, Ohio

Also, we have cards from the unit in Salt Lake City, UT, RI, and Newburgh-
Still waiting for UPS to agree to these locations.

Current UPS Freight locations signed by IAM:

Chicago, IL

Detroit, MI

Kansas City, Kansas

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

St Louis, MO

Richmond, VA

Reno, NV

Springfield, Massachusetts

Southborough, Massachusetts

Toledo, Ohio

Also, we have cards from the unit in Salt Lake City, UT, RI, and Newburgh-
Still waiting for UPS to agree to these locations.

Well I sincerely hope that once you guys go union, there will be a little more pride taken with equipment repairs. Maybe you are prone to production numbers like we are. But as of late, nothing seems to be getting fixed or is slapped together half assed and wrong.

Well I sincerely hope that once you guys go union, there will be a little more pride taken with equipment repairs. Maybe you are prone to production numbers like we are. But as of late, nothing seems to be getting fixed or is slapped together half assed and wrong.

Yes I agree, I am sure there are good mechanics as well as bad, but what seems to be the problem with getting things fixed correctly.

Aside from vendors that are really backyard mechanics, whats the problem with our own?

At my terminal, they only appoint two mechanics to work the night shift(linehaul hours). And they allocate a total of six mechanics during the day shift and three more for the swing shift.

I feel so bad for the night shift mechanics because they get hammered with linehaul issues all night long and they simply do not have the manpower to keep up with the demand.

This is not fair, by any means. There is no need to have so many mechanics during the day and so few during the night. Its completely unreasonable and abusive.

I do not know, however, if this is a UPS issue, or if the shop manager is simply playing favorites...........

when the shops are under contract to do quality work, they will do quality work. there will be a need for retraining. UPS will not pay mechanics to order parts over and over again. also vendors are told how much the co. will pay to fix a problem, when they reach that limit, thats it,,come get your truck and bring a check... when its a union shop, it will attract real mechanics instead of just an employee. I will defend our mechanics but i will tell them its time to step it up because UPS trucks dont break down.

when the shops are under contract to do quality work, they will do quality work. there will be a need for retraining. UPS will not pay mechanics to order parts over and over again. also vendors are told how much the co. will pay to fix a problem, when they reach that limit, thats it,,come get your truck and bring a check... when its a union shop, it will attract real mechanics instead of just an employee. I will defend our mechanics but i will tell them its time to step it up because UPS trucks dont break down.

Well wass. you will not hear me say they are all bad, thier not, unfortunatley when the same thing breaks down twice in 1 year for the same problem, I would agree it's time to step up.

No one on the top is going to tell me the second time around paying for let's say a powersteering box, is any cheaper then buying a new one to begin with and then doing the job correctly the first time.

What is happening is stupidity at it's best, and nothing more!!!!!:smilie_132:

UPS Corp. hasnt completely taken over yet and when they do good mechanics can take pride in what they do. all the bad work out there has been approved, tollerated, or even encouraged by someone. not me.

I don't know how it works where your at but down here mechanics are allowed a certian amount of time to fix a problem if there book says 1 hour and it takes them 20 minuites, they go sit in the breakroom for the other 40.

There shop truck has broke down many times on the way to a call. There a joke, what kind of mechanic can't keep a chevrolet 350 running? They take 0 pride in there work.