TForce | Mechanics contract

I don't know how it works where your at but down here mechanics are allowed a certian amount of time to fix a problem if there book says 1 hour and it takes them 20 minuites, they go sit in the breakroom for the other 40.

There shop truck has broke down many times on the way to a call. There a joke, what kind of mechanic can't keep a chevrolet 350 running? They take 0 pride in there work.

Well up here the shop has enough time to bake a cake inbetween fixins.:hysterical:

Anyone think our beloved mechanics will be required to become ASE Certified?

• I had a rear trailer light with a bad ground, (With the lens off)...whenever you pushed on the light it would come on. They fixed it by folding up paper and applying it to the light, then they wedged the lens back on to apply pressure so the light would stay on.
  • I had another trailer light out. The snow had accumulated on the wire and eventually pulled it apart. They fixed it by cutting the wire, exposing the ends and than twisting them together. (Absolutely no electrical tape used! Just exposed to the elements)

Basic fixes turned into hack jobs!

Anyone think our beloved mechanics will be required to become ASE Certified?
  • I had a rear trailer light with a bad ground, (With the lens off)...whenever you pushed on the light it would come on. They fixed it by folding up paper and applying it to the light, then they wedged the lens back on to apply pressure so the light would stay on.
  • I had another trailer light out. The snow had accumulated on the wire and eventually pulled it apart. They fixed it by cutting the wire, exposing the ends and than twisting them together. (Absolutely no electrical tape used! Just exposed to the elements)
Basic fixes turned into hack jobs!

This is the reason for the scrap heap in this company, everything is a quick fix, ductape demolition, and golfcart conspiracies.:hysterical:

A junk dealer would have a field day in this company.:1036316054:

This is the reason for the scrap heap in this company, everything is a quick fix, ductape demolition, and golfcart conspiracies.

A junk dealer would have a field day in this company.

You know how they fixed a hole in the floor? They screwed plywood to the underside of the floor where the braces are. Than they went inside the trailer and applied cement!:biglaugh:

They also replaced some worn out paneling inside the trailer with thinner plywood!:hysterical: To top it off, they covered right over the tie down rings!

A hole in the aluminum roof was repaired with.....A Stick on Placard! :biglaugh:

Very funny stuff indeed!

I see the placard stuck over holes all the time. A junk dealer is having a field day, In florida they just sold a bunch of tractors and trailers, we are running low on pups down here and dollies.

I see the placard stuck over holes all the time. A junk dealer is having a field day, In florida they just sold a bunch of tractors and trailers, we are running low on pups down here and dollies.

Its funny, we have a huge compilation of junk up here. I am wondering when they will get rid of our heap.

Accel,,, even I wouldnt eat anything they offered me... as far as a responce on shabby work, I cant comment on particular cases that I dont know the whole story. and also, as far as ASE,,, I was told mechanics will be certified by their manager.

certifications mean nothing, ASE mechanics can be hacks and non certified mechanics can be great mechanics.

But that is the UPS way everyone has to be certified in there job.

I have worked places and been certified to drive double trailers but couldn't touch the forklifts.

Accel,,, even I wouldnt eat anything they offered me... as far as a responce on shabby work, I cant comment on particular cases that I dont know the whole story. and also, as far as ASE,,, I was told mechanics will be certified by their manager.

I am not blaming you wass, and I am not going to say there are not any good mechanics in the system, I just think the system could infact be swallowing some of the good mechanics and or not allowing some to perform due to rules and restrictions.

Example, Harrisburgh PA has some of the best mechanics I have seen yet, these people had absolutely nothing to work with when they came to our terminal and that was about 3 years back, you told these people of a problem, and it was fixed in the most professional and quick fashion possible, truely excellent guy's and hard workers. And nothing was untouchable, AC fixed in most cases, small stupid things, and all fixed correctly. We have a backyard mechanic up here who works 9-3 and that is when the weather is nice.

Most of what I have seen come out of our new hub, looks like a couple of 1'st grade students armed with a monkey wrench came and conquered, just what they conquered is left to the imagination. What they do touch sometimes is half a$$ completed. I really do not know what is going on in NWB but it is not appealing. Particularley when most of our equipment has to go to Harrisburgh now.

Accel,,, our PM books are still aimed at the R-models,,, what can I say? the last tech memo said not to put tires on so tight because they are hard to get off. Thats why I an looking forward to, and welcome the change to UPS engineered methods and strict quality standards. copy?

Many shops at the UPSGF facilities have not been contacted by MU at this time. I hope they come to their senses and get their contract asap. It would be a good thing for all those concerned and the M.U. is a GREAT UNION TO BE A PART OF.

THANKS TO ALL OF THE HARD WORKING WRENCH HOLDERS THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING IN ALL TYPES OF MISERABLE SITUATIONS!

Drive Safe!

Accel,,, our PM books are still aimed at the R-models,,, what can I say? the last tech memo said not to put tires on so tight because they are hard to get off. Thats why I an looking forward to, and welcome the change to UPS engineered methods and strict quality standards. copy?

R models, you have got to be kidding me.

R model mack, they were built when fred flinstone was using his feet for propulsion.:hysterical::hysterical:

Thank goodness we don't have any of those at my barn. Our 17 and 18 series Volvo things will be retired by end of year because of the strict emission laws.
I should take a picture of our grave yard. It's pathetic.