TForce | Mechanics contract

welcome Southerncross, and thank you for the kind words. however sombody from the shop has to call them, they wont come to us. thanks again. and accel, no im not kidding.

R model mack, they were built when fred flinstone was using his feet for propulsion.:hysterical::hysterical:

They were built very tough though. I had one when I first came here. They aslo made great construction dump trucks. You could'nt kill them. Very popular truck in the construction industry.

They were built very tough though. I had one when I first came here. They aslo made great construction dump trucks. You could'nt kill them. Very popular truck in the construction industry.

Yes they were, I would not disagree with that, I loved mine when I had it, but it was not much in comparison to the volvo for P&D. If the company would have installed power steering in mine I would have kept it.

welcome Southerncross, and thank you for the kind words. however sombody from the shop has to call them, they wont come to us. thanks again. and accel, no im not kidding.

One would think, that if you are buying new equipment the shop would fund for the corresponding paraphanailia.

i just got home from a union meeting with the IAM. the memphis shops joined today. the union reps hope to include us in negotiations starting in april.

good work skeeterhawk, congrats,, good question GT,,, maybe skeeterhawk can explain how they got the ball rolling. all it took for the shops in the Chicago-land area was one phone call to the hall and a lot of little yellow cards. Im going to try to get IAM to put up an "update page" on their site, or at least inform them of the need for one. GOIAM

good work skeeterhawk, congrats,, good question GT,,, maybe skeeterhawk can explain how they got the ball rolling. all it took for the shops in the Chicago-land area was one phone call to the hall and a lot of little yellow cards. Im going to try to get IAM to put up an "update page" on their site, or at least inform them of the need for one. GOIAM

Same thing with SLC....I just don't hear much about it being spread....But us road drivers can spread anything as fast as anyone.....And it is always true....RIGHT!!!!.....One of the SLC guys was asking about DVR and others but I have no idea if they know anything about it.....

we really arent supposed to talk about it on the clock(except on break time) per the agreement and most are just afraid to mention it in the first place. I gave my home number to a few trusted drivers who were supposed to give it to their mechanics who expressed an intrest. nobody called and I decided that wasnt such a good idea anyway. after we get our contract the word will spread like the first Boston album.

There is a card check agreement with the IAM for the mechanics and parts men. Sixteen shops have signed up. Harrisburg and Memphis being 2 of them.

There is a card check agreement with the IAM for the mechanics and parts men. Sixteen shops have signed up. Harrisburg and Memphis being 2 of them.

Good for them, maybe they will get the mr. fixit books so some equipment can get fixed correctly, and possible parts?

Good for them, maybe they will get the mr. fixit books so some equipment can get fixed correctly, and possible parts?

This I don't understand.....You roll into SLC and it don't matter what you need fixed it gets fixed or ordered and fixed the next day......But if you don't have a shop then it is like pulling teeth to get it fixed....You have to dead line it and set it on fire to get any attention......I think this all part of the wonderful lack of upper management making sure that all is ran the same through out the company.....TOO many different opinions on what is acceptable and what isn't.....

This I don't understand.....You roll into SLC and it don't matter what you need fixed it gets fixed or ordered and fixed the next day......But if you don't have a shop then it is like pulling teeth to get it fixed....You have to dead line it and set it on fire to get any attention......I think this all part of the wonderful lack of upper management making sure that all is ran the same through out the company.....TOO many different opinions on what is acceptable and what isn't.....

Well it is almost the same over here as you, only if one of our linehaul drivers takes our trucks to NWB they get laughed at and turned away, if we go to HRS. The equipment gets fixed, and you are right" the next day" and turned around.

It really sucks up here to drive junk, and most of what we have is junk. It almost seems that most of the good equipment concentrated in the south.

It would be nice to go to work and have the same equipment for more then a month problem free, unfortunatley the problems we have we send to get fixed in NWB they do a halfass job, and the truck gets turned around and a few weeks later we are back to where we were to begin with. It sucks.

uh

i have issues with my truck, i think south holland has a good thing going, but parts cost money and someone is having a problem with them spending it. so if it falls apart then deadline it.

i have issues with my truck, i think south holland has a good thing going, but parts cost money and someone is having a problem with them spending it. so if it falls apart then deadline it.

Well thats true, and I am not kidding when I say this, but when 1\2 of the equipment we have is deadlined or broken down to the point of not moving 4 out of 5 days a week, wether we can afford parts or not, would one say the customer will pay in the end.

If I get paid sitting in a truck ,that will not move, out in the yard for eight hours, that's fine by me.

Something has to give eventually.