Yellow | Meets and Turns

Are you for real? UPS Parcel has been running meets & turns forever and they seem to be doing quite well.

You analysis is quite flawed also. A 650 trip one way needs a second 650 mile trip the other way at the same time. That's two drivers and the costs associated with them. No different than two drivers doing a meet/turn two consecutive days.

And how do you figure fewer miles per driver? The freight still has to move the same distance to get from place to place. Where do the miles evaporate according to your statement?
Sounds like someone lives a 100 miles away from the terminal

Spring Valley is part of Rockland County in New York. It is located near the Tappan Zee Bridge. We were a wild bunch over there.

All I remember about Spring Valley was there was a good Greek diner in a shopping plaza on 59, open 24 hours. That was 40 years ago, I would suppose it's either gone or just a shadow of it's former self.

Meet and turns are fine if dispatch is up to it. I did meet and turns for YRC for a couple of years and they screwed up quite often. Sometimes just forgot to send somebody to meet me. I'd call in at the meet point and they'd say "hang on, we'll send somebody now, they'll be there in 5 hours".

All I remember about Spring Valley was there was a good Greek diner in a shopping plaza on 59, open 24 hours. That was 40 years ago, I would suppose it's either gone or just a shadow of it's former self.
You might be thinking of the Nanuet Diner on the north side of Rt 59. It's in a small shopping mall across Rt 59 from the larger Nanuet Mall. It's still there and the food is still good.

There is another diner on Rt 59 further west in Airmont, oddly enough called the Airmont Diner. Still in business as far as I know.

There also used to be a nice diner on the north side of Rt 59 in West Nyack just west of the Rt 303 connection. It was torn down when they built the Palisades Mall.

You might be thinking of the Nanuet Diner on the north side of Rt 59. It's in a small shopping mall across Rt 59 from the larger Nanuet Mall. It's still there and the food is still good.

There is another diner on Rt 59 further west in Airmont, oddly enough called the Airmont Diner. Still in business as far as I know.

There also used to be a nice diner on the north side of Rt 59 in West Nyack just west of the Rt 303 connection. It was torn down when they built the Palisades Mall.

Probably the Nanuet. Sat off to the side by itself. At the bottom of a hill, there was a school up top of the hill.

Probably the Nanuet. Sat off to the side by itself. At the bottom of a hill, there was a school up top of the hill.
I can't place the school off hand but if you're traveling east on Rt 59 it is a slight downgrade then you go under a railroad bridge and the diner would be a little bit ahead on the left.

nanuet1.md.jpg

nanuet2b7f1c06c879e3895.md.jpg

I can't place the school off hand but if you're traveling east on Rt 59 it is a slight downgrade then you go under a railroad bridge and the diner would be a little bit ahead on the left.

Yeah, I remember that railroad bridge.

nanuet1.md.jpg

nanuet2b7f1c06c879e3895.md.jpg

Think so. I remember that railroad bridge. Got stuck just up past it coming out of bed in SV with an empty in the middle of a snowstorm during evening rush hour. Cops were pissed. Got behind me and had me back it down the hill into the shopping center, told me not to leave until I chained up. Went in the diner, had a good meal, waited for the plows to go by and left. Chaining up wasn't my thing.

Meet and turns are fine if dispatch is up to it. I did meet and turns for YRC for a couple of years and they screwed up quite often. Sometimes just forgot to send somebody to meet me. I'd call in at the meet point and they'd say "hang on, we'll send somebody now, they'll be there in 5 hours".
Yes, very typical of YRC. A disgrace.

Did you just bring it back? Otherwise you're out of hours before you got your meet load, right?

Or did they turn your meet into a laydown whenever that happened?

My experience with FedEx, if you're gonna put me out of hours while I wait, they'll tell me to bring it back to another hub, pick up some empties, and get home.

Even at 46 mph, i could run circles around you doing city, dock, or linehaul.
I am very proud of you! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight but I will try!
Now go change your depends and relax, we don't need any heart attacks today and please walk slow back to your recliner I would feel terrible if you broke a hip or something!

Did you just bring it back? Otherwise you're out of hours before you got your meet load, right?

My experience with FedEx, if you're gonna put me out of hours while I wait, they'll tell me to bring it back to another hub, pick up some empties, and get home.
Another reason you will be joining Holland, they are not perfect but they have been doing it long enough that they have eliminated most of the runs that just don't work.

Another reason you will be joining Holland, they are not perfect but they have been doing it long enough that they have eliminated most of the runs that just don't work.
I'm actually in the interview process with YRC Freight, which I guess is turning back into Yellow.

I am very proud of you! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight but I will try!
Now go change your depends and relax, we don't need any heart attacks today and please walk slow back to your recliner I would feel terrible if you broke a hip or something!
I could run circles around you, even with a broken hip.

Ended up going to bed at my meet point.