Holland | Merger of brands rumor in KC.

That’s OD out of Florida, last I heard we pulled 6 empties out for every outbound load coming from FL.
Florida, and California have always been heavy inbound states, as far as LTL.probably the best paying freight out of either state is perishable reefer truckload. Look at UPS does it, with refrigerated containers. Produce outbound,packages inbound to those states.

Florida, and California have always been heavy inbound states, as far as LTL.probably the best paying freight out of either state is perishable reefer truckload. Look at UPS does it, with refrigerated containers. Produce outbound,packages inbound to those states.

I'm hearing POT, pays better.

R&L owns ABCO, a reefer outfit. We do a similar thing, we load ABCO trailers with inbound LTL and they run produce out.

Did you guys see Old Dominion's second quarter numbers? Why don't we imitate them or hire some of their top guys to run our ship or something? I thought it might be they are paying less but their guys are all claiming to making money up the butt so that's not it. I don't know what they are doing correctly but they have figured out something!

Did you guys see Old Dominion's second quarter numbers? Why don't we imitate them or hire some of their top guys to run our ship or something? I thought it might be they are paying less but their guys are all claiming to making money up the butt so that's not it. I don't know what they are doing correctly but they have figured out something!

It's simple, they have Ump and the all time Mastio champ on their payroll.

Not knocking OD, but you have to look at the whole picture.
2 totally different playing fields.

They know how to run an LTL carrier...

Pretty simple really. They know how much they have to make off of freight to be profitable and they charge it. They’ve invested heavily in dimensioners to accurately price and cube trailers. If they can’t make money on it, they price themselves out of it and leave it to others. It’s like a rock rolling downhill. They’ve climbed on top of said rock and it’s easier to keep it rolling once it starts because it’s own momentum keeps things rolling. Then you take your profit and reinvest into new equipment to minimize added expense. Pay well and treat your employees with respect and that further reduces friction allowing for more efficiency and profitability.

What Reefer Units ??? Don't want to start pulling them for HNRY on wk-end runs anytime soon !!:stirthepot:

Pretty simple really. They know how much they have to make off of freight to be profitable and they charge it. They’ve invested heavily in dimensioners to accurately price and cube trailers. If they can’t make money on it, they price themselves out of it and leave it to others. It’s like a rock rolling downhill. They’ve climbed on top of said rock and it’s easier to keep it rolling once it starts because it’s own momentum keeps things rolling. Then you take your profit and reinvest into new equipment to minimize added expense. Pay well and treat your employees with respect and that further reduces friction allowing for more efficiency and profitability.
You'd think with all those high dollar executives running this outfit they would be able to figure out what you just managed to describe (very well) in one paragraph!

You'd think with all those high dollar executives running this outfit they would be able to figure out what you just managed to describe (very well) in one paragraph!
You can’t even begin to fairly compare the way OD’s procedures,and operations to YRC,Holland, or New Penn. Kind of like the Atlanta Braves, playing a football game against the Falcons...

Were losing our supervisors and management to Old Dominion too seems like all we get is new guys out of school or off the dock.

Holland might as well merge as yrcf now has a better operating ratio 98.0 compared to regionals at 99.4.
It must be a contest with the moron management as to who can get a higher number.

Sh0v7ke.jpg

Kudos to Scott Ware and all regional management personnel who made this great day happen. Who ever thought the regionals could beat yrcf in the operating ratio numbers? 99.4 regionals to 98.0 yrcf.
Scott Ware that's who.