ODFL | Mispulls

Last I heard, do get paid ...even though they still threaten to not, and of course get written up. Even if you get out gate and turn around with a wrong trailer, you get written up for mispull. My understanding is there are laws to backup getting paid. Even if you screwed up, you were performing work and "should" be paid. However, probably another of the hundreds of things handled differently by every different manager in the company.
Getting paid law is probably in with the cant deduct freight shortage from your paycheck law

Hi.. My name is Ump and I've been mispull free for almost 2 years... I called Central when I realized what I had done. They treated me fair, told me I'd get a writeup, which I deserved. Mine was also an honest mistake and for whatever reason the trailer didn't show as a mispull. I was paid for my run and double check my paperwork with my seal number now.. I just take it day by day now. The hardest part is admitting you have a problem and you need help.
I’m glad you’re getting help, son.
Talk to Billy. He has the mental health benefits...

Hi.. My name is Ump and I've been mispull free for almost 2 years... I called Central when I realized what I had done. They treated me fair, told me I'd get a writeup, which I deserved. Mine was also an honest mistake and for whatever reason the trailer didn't show as a mispull. I was paid for my run and double check my paperwork with my seal number now.. I just take it day by day now. The hardest part is admitting you have a problem and you need help.

I've been mispull free and retired for 29 yrs, I still have nightmares and see the wrong trailer numbers in my dreams.
I'm also still in therapy, my shrink says I'm making progress, come back in 2 weeks.

Get your paperwork, walk around truck match it to the trailers and seal each time. Not very hard to do, should already be done it if you doing pretrip
If seal dont match throw seal away , go inside trailer and match up a few pro numbers to make sure were all on the same page , so many seals are not fully clicked besides for reference its not high security

wait a minute Billy, you expect someone to take a manifest all the way to the back of that rear trailer to verify seal number? on this thing you call a pretrip? geez that would be like doing your job, the one your getting paid for. Shoot, if they took the manifest to the verify sel numbers, they would want to get paid for carring the paperwork around and then might , just might put their locks on the darn trailer.. nope, not going to happen, too much like work

wait a minute Billy, you expect someone to take a manifest all the way to the back of that rear trailer to verify seal number? on this thing you call a pretrip? geez that would be like doing your job, the one your getting paid for. Shoot, if they took the manifest to the verify sel numbers, they would want to get paid for carring the paperwork around and then might , just might put their locks on the darn trailer.. nope, not going to happen, too much like work

Most our drivers including all your night time good buddies got no clue there’s a right side to the truck when the walk by it,,

when i started driving drivers policed each other and held each other accountable. doenst happen anymore it seems like.easier to talk mess behind a computer i guess?

when i started driving drivers policed each other and held each other accountable. doenst happen anymore it seems like.easier to talk mess behind a computer i guess?
No I gave up helping or sharing how the job is supposed to be done. They’ve gone through TS’s school of trucking. They know it all. Just ask them. Besides they want to argue with you. That’s why a driver comes down the Pass in 10th gear with 40,000 behind him and can’t figure out why his brakes are ready to catch fire. He knows more than me or you. To them it’s a race. I beat you back. So freakin what. Let’s compare ROI scores, Mr. Earnhardt.

Most our drivers including all your night time good buddies got no clue there’s a right side to the truck when the walk by it,,
Some don’t know what the back of a trailer looks like. Locks, what are those for? Mr. Safety must be losing his touch. I used to follow SEA and PDX drivers going out the gate with nada.

Some don’t know what the back of a trailer looks like. Locks, what are those for? Mr. Safety must be losing his touch. I used to follow SEA and PDX drivers going out the gate with nada.

That’s a whole mother story when you got to spend 10 minutes beating the thing to get off no one wanting to put them on no more,, should be more concerned of them makin it to 8th gear by the time they hit the exit gate

That’s a whole mother story when you got to spend 10 minutes beating the thing to get off no one wanting to put them on no more,, should be more concerned of them makin it to 8th gear by the time they hit the exit gate
I agree. In the PDX yard we have trials for the Indy 500.