XPO | New cameras

Help me get something straight here. When you say "how bad you're treated," do you think that all of us are poorly treated, some of us, or few of us, or just the handful of guys who post to these boards?
For one I don’t work for your company (you should know that by now) I’ve been here long enough to see how many are complaining. Maybe it’s different when you’re a driver trainer? Just saying….

Help me get something straight here. When you say "how bad you're treated," do you think that all of us are poorly treated, some of us, or few of us, or just the handful of guys who post to these boards?
Scotch, it may be possible with your position you feel your treated well. Your position offers you a higher amount of respect and possibly some insulation from what some other feel is consistent punitive harassment. I’m not saying this is the case with you but I have seen it with others in your position. I mean this a no dig. With the advent of constant scrutiny by technology the basic drivers position has become one of where the driver must be on his game 100% of the time . If he or she slips up even for a split second then they will be held accountable for that moment. It’s an intense amount of pressure for those who strive to be the best they can be. To me it’s the game changer in this industry. It is a major part of why we can’t attract and maintain drivers. There are some here that say they can maintain 100% compliance all the time but I think their just kidding themselves. Given time they will be the driver hanging by a thread trying to do better as to influence management of how worthy they are. The best worker is one who fears for their job.

Your position offers you a higher amount of respect
Is that a special endorsement I don’t know about? At Abf we have a saftey person come up & do road tests, this way if something happens it’s not on that person’s conscious. How would that offer a different amount of respect when we all do the same job?

Yes you are. Afraid to give up your seniority & vacation’s. Heard all the tough guy ******** before,. You won’t leave until you retire or they shut the doors, no matter what they take off of you or how bad your treated….
So what have they taken for me? I would like to know

For one I don’t work for your company (you should know that by now) I’ve been here long enough to see how many are complaining. Maybe it’s different when you’re a driver trainer? Just saying….
Yes, I'm aware you don't work for XPO and you have been on the boards for a long time. Your response confirms what I already knew. Other than the few XPO drivers you see on these boards complaining, you have no other direct knowledge of our work environment. That means your opinions regarding our work environment are based on extremely limited information and we should view them through that lens.

Scotch, it may be possible with your position you feel your treated well. Your position offers you a higher amount of respect and possibly some insulation from what some other feel is consistent punitive harassment. I’m not saying this is the case with you but I have seen it with others in your position. I mean this a no dig. With the advent of constant scrutiny by technology the basic drivers position has become one of where the driver must be on his game 100% of the time . If he or she slips up even for a split second then they will be held accountable for that moment. It’s an intense amount of pressure for those who strive to be the best they can be. To me it’s the game changer in this industry. It is a major part of why we can’t attract and maintain drivers. There are some here that say they can maintain 100% compliance all the time but I think their just kidding themselves. Given time they will be the driver hanging by a thread trying to do better as to influence management of how worthy they are. The best worker is one who fears for their job.
I've said this before, but it's worth saying again. At my barn, all of our people are treated well because we have a good mngmt team. Any respect I have was earned through trust in my abilities to deliver, but don't think for a minute that I don't make mistakes sometimes as I do and when that happens, there are plenty of drivers to give me crap about it. Like managers, I do feel the additional stress of operations. A good manager is one who can deal with it without taking it out on drivers and that's where some in our overall management team fall short. Again, most driver perception of the company is gained at the local level and it's up to the managers to keep their acts together when the pressure mounts. Based on email chains, I can say with certainty that upper mngmt is aware of the driver retention problem and they have intentions to make operational changes to fix it. Time will tell. And yes, a driver does have to be 100% on his game, but it's not simply from a policy standpoint, it's also from a DOT standpoint. Legal compliance is difficult to maintain in our business 100% of the time regardless of what company a driver pulls for and companies are compelled by law to insure their drivers are compliant all the time. How that fact manifests itself is where we see a difference in approaches from company to company.

Yes, I'm aware you don't work for XPO and you have been on the boards for a long time. Your response confirms what I already knew. Other than the few XPO drivers you see on these boards complaining, you have no other direct knowledge of our work environment. That means your opinions regarding our work environment are based on extremely limited information and we should view them through that lens.
I have worked the city for 28 years & talk with many of your drivers on the street that’s where I get my knowledge. I also get it here, unless these few drivers you’re talking about are liars?

So what have they taken for me? I would like to know
I know they took 5% off you a few years ago without your say, what about your pension? I’m sure your healthcare got better under Brad….My post had nothing to do with the past but the future. And I still stand by what I said, you will not leave….

I know they took 5% off you a few years ago without your say, what about your pension? I’m sure your healthcare got better under Brad….My post had nothing to do with the past but the future. And I still stand by what I said, you will not leave….
We got the 5% back when the company was able to do so. And not trying to preach whataboutism here, but about that same time, YRC basically gave it's drivers an ultimatum in the contract negotiations....take a 15% pay cut or we close the door and the union had little choice but to go along, that's almost like having no say. As far as I know, their union has been unable to get back the pay cut and to my most recent knowledge, their drivers top scale is around $5.00/hr less than ours, but their health insurance covers more so that about evens the score. As for the pension, we all know Conway did away with it, but that's all I know since I came in after it was gone. If I remember correctly, the union at YRC lost 75% of their pension contributions, or whatever. I know it was a deep hit and I don't know if it's ever been restored. Pick your poison. You know what else, I ain't leaving either. I don't see much benefit can come from the Teamsters in the state they're in now.

I have worked the city for 28 years & talk with many of your drivers on the street that’s where I get my knowledge. I also get it here, unless these few drivers you’re talking about are liars?
That's it... a handful of drivers in the Pocono region. That's even less then OV-10 poll thread "The Future of XPO"

5% well that's a big NO. got nothing but raises since I been here.
Pension that's also a big NO
Never had this company healthcare plan since I been here so truly could say.
I may not leave. What I said is I'm not afraid to leave and if the right offer comes up my keys and badge will be on the TM's desk.
You say you post is not about the past but the future. So can you look into your crystal ball and tell me what they will take from me in the future?

I’ve said it 100 times before. I have no idea what you people are all talking about. I make a boatload of money, I do my job, in the truck and on the dock. Never have any problems. If anything,I’ve never worked for a company that you can get away with as much as we do here.