ODFL | New CEO

Yes, like I mentioned earlier a little time spent on UHC's provider network site can save a lot of money on the major stuff, but day to day Healthcare I won't argue with anyone could stand improvement. A $350 copay for ER visits unless It's a compound fracture, or near amputation, I'll wait to see my primary care physician. The co-pay for a primary care Dr is what $30 ? That's wrong.. Im already saving the UHC -OD system money by using them anyway.

Yes, like I mentioned earlier a little time spent on UHC's provider network site can save a lot of money on the major stuff, but day to day Healthcare I won't argue with anyone could stand improvement. A $350 copay for ER visits unless It's a compound fracture, or near amputation, I'll wait to see my primary care physician. The co-pay for a primary care Dr is what $30 ? That's wrong.. Im already saving the UHC -OD system money by using them anyway.
It could stand alot of improvements across the board.Over the years they have been changes to our coverage that we are not made aware of.Like I said before if you call or ? upper management they are not aware of any changes and we have the best insurance.Yes,they have the best insurance.Just not ourā€™s

That can be said for Corporate World all together.I can say around here Estes has not let anyone go.They have put them all on 4 days a week.Nothing new with OD except lately they have been overhiring a lot and would never recommend anyone to apply here because of this.
Freight has fell off here. Yet no changes made. You canā€™t have less revenue and keep working the same amount of people. Doesnā€™t compute.

The picture was made from Billy's Bayliner when he was launching.
Uncle Breezy you didn't know BiLo LLC. also does beach landscaping.

beach-clean-ladies.jpg

New CEO coming up July 1st. Marty Freeman. Who is this guy? Is he our savior? Is Over Time after 8 daily gonna be a reality?

Stock is up 10% today. We beat EPS but missed revenue by pennies. Feels good to have few of the ODFL in my 401k
How many companies have you heard of that take what was once a sales representative in a small geographical territory and makes him a CEO?? I would be concerned my future as an employee is in the hands of a basic glorified sales representative.

The same company that made executives out of one time dock workers?
Would you rather have someone thats been inside of the back of a truck and worked freight or someone thats talked about it. Lets compare apples to apples. And if we are going to discuss that then lets talk about how those men went from dock to supervisor to manager to regional to vp...and then how many "dock workers" have made Sr VP, President, CEO etc???

How many companies have you heard of that take what was once a sales representative in a small geographical territory and makes him a CEO?? I would be concerned my future as an employee is in the hands of a basic glorified sales representative.
The same company that made executives out of one time dock workers?
Haven't they heard that there are dozens of capable CEO candidates right here posting on TB? Good grief the undiscovered talent here is mind boggling. šŸ˜

Agreed. Those that make the company every day and stood through the tough times should be the ones with the voice for the future of it. Recognizing talent is a foregone conclusion at OD.

Both Greg Gantt, and Dave Bates both started for freight companies working on the dock probably how they paid for college,not at all unusual for dock personnel to earn money while in college (I did as well) Both Earl and David also said they started out doing the dock too, but they at least were guaranteed future employment. Frankly I'm not sure where Marty Freeman started in this business years ago has any relevance to the argument that he's somehow unqualified for his present position.it isn't like he just materialized out of the blue and took over, the time he's been here has been a period of unprecedented growth in OD's 80 year history and he's not some unproven rookie. Obviously the Board Of Directors thinks he's qualified for job,I can't explain why they didn't ask for your input before promoting him.