Yellow | New contract

Then it sounds like you know where the problem is. Yellow wanted to pay 25% into the pension but the union said NO, all or nothing . It’s been long enough of them not accepting that 25%. Accept it and build off that so people can retire . Iv seen to many teamsters die while they should of been at home collecting a check .
Go and read the pension language!!!!!

You guys need to fight YELLOW and the TEAMSTERS. This pertains to the WESTCOAST. First off, you guys NEED to fight and make the Teamster Pension fund ACCEPT the contributions that yellow is putting into the 401k INTO The PENSION. It’s a $1.80 an hours vs the $7 that is supposed to be going into the pension. Negotiate from $1.80 To $3.00 if possible MORE from yellow , over the life of the Contract and put it into the pension not the 401k . Some pension is better then non and it’s better then the 401k . It’s better to be able to retire with less years worked (work part time if needed) with a Pension then working an extra 15 years full time with a 401k and social security.

WAGES , that’s the company battle , The company and the TEAMSTERS said our craft is UNSKILLED LABOR. I disagree on one part, THE CDL HOLDER, that’s a skilled craft that needs licensing with lots of responsibility. CDL needs more money and needs to compete with non union companies so they can retain drivers. Dock workers on the other hand are a dime a dozen. If you guys are willing to strike and loose a job for them then that’s on you guys . Although they do need yearly wages increases but not to be the same wage as a CDL holder. Make the CDL job attractive.
no raises for dock whom work in the cold, the heat, etc, no contract for you.

Hire better/qualified managers. Managers who honor the contract have good employees, managers who don’t honor the contract, create those type of employees you speak of. If the company choose to lower their rates and haul the freight for free, please tell me how can the people can make them money? They still have an obligation to compensate a worker for their time/work. If we as union members focus more on our union affairs as much as we focus on the company affairs we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’re in.
You are right too. Management took a cut and many left or got fired. Look at XPO, they just keep taking old Dominion top management, one of them started his career in roadway supervisor.

The revenue generated of a yellow trailer doesn’t even pay close to the ups trailer… we are the bottom feeder of the freight industry picking up what ever no one else wants… apples and oranges

The revenue generated of a yellow trailer doesn’t even pay close to the ups trailer… we are the bottom feeder of the freight industry picking up what ever no one else wants… apples and oranges
So you're saying pay should depend on revenue then? A company generating less revenue should be paying less to its workers? Think this through carefully before responding. :smile new:

No thought required… if an ups small package trailer generates a certain amount of revenue they have more money to play with .. not saying it’s fair …just reality
So then a company not generating great revenue (take Yellow for instance) is OK with paying less just for that reason, right? Isn't that what you're saying? If it's OK to pay more when there's high revenue then it must be OK to be paying less when there's less revenue. :idunno:

So then a company not generating great revenue (take Yellow for instance) is OK with paying less just for that reason, right? Isn't that what you're saying? If it's OK to pay more when there's high revenue then it must be OK to be paying less when there's less revenue. :idunno:
Really… just stating the obvious… if the revenue isn’t there it isn’t there.. not being a company boy just dealing with reality… you can twist my post anyway you want but I’m union true and true

Really… just stating the obvious… if the revenue isn’t there it isn’t there.. not being a company boy just dealing with reality… you can twist my post anyway you want but I’m union true and true
So am I, but I'm also a realist (and pulling your chain a little). People who are expecting Yellow, in its precarious financial condition, to make everyone "whole" are just deluding themselves.

Comparing a small package company with the revenue generated of each small carton to a freight company dealing with skidded freight is a nonstarter… not giving yellow justification for their rates or any other freight company as they are all to low… all the freight companies have to raise their rates and pay us what we deserve…

Very true, but are freight Teamsters second class compared with UPS Teamsters? After all they are all Teamsters but their pay rates aren't even close. Something to think about?
The Hub across the street has NO full time dock people.
4 hour morning sort.
4 hour evening sort.
Sometimes they get 6 hours ..
apples to oranges

You guys need to fight YELLOW and the TEAMSTERS. This pertains to the WESTCOAST. First off, you guys NEED to fight and make the Teamster Pension fund ACCEPT the contributions that yellow is putting into the 401k INTO The PENSION. It’s a $1.80 an hours vs the $7 that is supposed to be going into the pension. Negotiate from $1.80 To $3.00 if possible MORE from yellow , over the life of the Contract and put it into the pension not the 401k . Some pension is better then non and it’s better then the 401k . It’s better to be able to retire with less years worked (work part time if needed) with a Pension then working an extra 15 years full time with a 401k and social security.

WAGES , that’s the company battle , The company and the TEAMSTERS said our craft is UNSKILLED LABOR. I disagree on one part, THE CDL HOLDER, that’s a skilled craft that needs licensing with lots of responsibility. CDL needs more money and needs to compete with non union companies so they can retain drivers. Dock workers on the other hand are a dime a dozen. If you guys are willing to strike and loose a job for them then that’s on you guys . Although they do need yearly wages increases but not to be the same wage as a CDL holder. Make the CDL job attractive.
So basically just f**k everyone else and give me more?got it