Yellow | New contract

I would be surprised if everyone was made whole.
Sure would be nice but there must be a road to this in new contract.
Face the facts people this Clown Circus does not need more than 1 barn where they have 3 doing it now in places.
Other than not enough room would be the only thing keeping more than 1 barn open in a given area.
This is what Yellow is very good at doing. Shrink To Fit they have done this with every COO or purchase that I have had the pleasure to have a ring side seat.
Preston purchase .. Another screwing for those employee
Saia ,Smalley West EX.. Saia spun off to be run by Dollar Bills family ?
Single man relay to Sleeper teams.
COO 83 in the West
RDWY listened to Dollar Bill tell us all we will never merge these to brands... Their worth to much...
USF ...
Close Red star... Another screwing...
Closing of EOL terminals and moving everything back to Break Bulk
Within 6 months the volume had dropped back down as if those city terminals were never there.
Many of the Teamsters moved on to ABF or retired rather than drive 100 miles to work.
Reddaway a train wreck that rivals Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey great movie .
Why they waited so long to do this change ? All the money they could steal was gone. Nothing left to steal.
They also had a workforce that was largely Non- union and it was not for the lack of trying by Western locals.
The only reason many signed cards was the writing on the wall about endtailing.
Many left and many are looking to leave still.
East of the Rockies this just ain't going to fly ...
I believe the Teamsters and the Circus will come to some sort of agreement.
I look for a lot of jobs to move elsewhere or disappear. HOPE I am wrong..
If this is Yellow then why Holland and New Penn work rules ?
Never have seen a copy of Reddaways yet ... because their are NONE..
If I were working at this circus i would be getting my CDL ASAP
Without a CDL your just one flush away from being out of work..
Who ever said dock workers are unskilled labor is unskilled in speaking.
What ya think kiddies ?

The solution is already written, both Yellow and the teamsters need to look at well run profitable companies such as ODFL or Fed Ex Freight and duplicate their operations.
Both are financially solid healthy companies that are respected and command rates that create profits that create futures for workers..
Then workers do not sit on a website fighting over their futures.....

The solution is already written, both Yellow and the teamsters need to look at well run profitable companies such as ODFL or Fed Ex Freight and duplicate their operations.
Both are financially solid healthy companies that are respected and command rates that create profits that create futures for workers..
Uum prefer they look at ABF a union company that pays overtime has great Healthcare and a pension. In Denver Old Dominion doesn't pay overtime and their Healthcare is crap. Sorry not sorry. At least my non union non trucking job had decent health care we paid it for a year to swap off Kaiser and get Blue cross plan. We know someone at OD their Healthcare is crap so I think your advice is flawed

Yup but Yellow will need deep pockets to change this around. From hiring freight managers that care and bring good ideas to the table as well as the union members like us but for that Yellow will need to increase the wages all around big time and Yellow will have to negotiate somehow that numbers are required from dock to drivers daily requirements. Yellow will need to keep pay rates high in order to hire and meet the costumer needs in getting their shipments faster and actually compete with ODLF and FDX Freight. Yellow will need all drivers they can get to get the most freight off the rail and actually have them on 18 wheels getting to the costumers as fast as possible. Then Yellow will be able to put their own rates as ODFL and FDX does. But will Yellow actually try for this? Everyone will have to get a higher pay from top to bottom.

Yup but Yellow will need deep pockets to change this around. From hiring freight managers that care and bring good ideas to the table as well as the union members like us but for that Yellow will need to increase the wages all around big time and Yellow will have to negotiate somehow that numbers are required from dock to drivers daily requirements. Yellow will need to keep pay rates high in order to hire and meet the costumer needs in getting their shipments faster and actually compete with ODLF and FDX Freight. Yellow will need all drivers they can get to get the most freight off the rail and actually have them on 18 wheels getting to the costumers as fast as possible. Then Yellow will be able to put their own rates as ODFL and FDX does. But will Yellow actually try for this? Everyone will have to get a higher pay from top to bottom.
Where does a company that loses money every day get the money to pay those higher wages?

Where does a company that loses money every day get the money to pay those higher wages?
Company will have to close soon but if they spend so much money on sending you and me to travel why can't they try pushing by paying more? They have safety trainers and employees and managers travel to help other terminals why not just give better wages???

What the heck is a costumer

What the heck is a costumer
Kids GIF

Company will have to close soon but if they spend so much money on sending you and me to travel why can't they try pushing by paying more? They have safety trainers and employees and managers travel to help other terminals why not just give better wages???
With lower freight volumes this would be a great time to clean house of incompetent management and to get rid of a lot of labor that is worthless . I’m talking about countless people who should have been fired years ago you know the ones that constantly steal from the company by playing on the phone for hours a shift, sleep for hours every night, hide to get out of work every day . I’ve seen this at all major terminals I’ve been to it’s time to make examples out of these people no company can make a profit with this kind of crap going on these people should be prosecuted for company theft.

Who will prosecute those who make up money out of thin air and loan it out at interest?
Money they probably didn't even have.

Take care of that problem and the rest will fix itself.
When the top of the chain isn't expected to do much of anything yet make millions/year....
They are only following the leaders.

It's the corporate structured system.
I suppose the family businesses which were replaced by corporate owners, actually worked and knew the business and were visibly seen operating the business.

Make as much as you can without lifting a finger is the system presented.
They come in, pull some huge scams, jeapordize thousands of families....walk with millions. And get another gig doing the exact same thing to others if they can.
Watching thousands of guys spend all these hours only to start over on the bottom every 10-15 years.....looks like a rotted carrot hanging from the end of that stick...it stinks.
Sorry to say.. it's what it is.
The theory of "hard work pays" has been disproven.
You expect alot.
Your reply has nothing to do with my point, I’ll bet it hit really close to home didn’t it. I can tell with your posts that you’re probably a stellar employee . I’ll bet your another liberal eat up with mental illness

I go to work daily. I wait for freight. Load my freight. Get out there and drive all day long trying to get to places before they close. Work 10-13 daily like that.
You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't run. And I don't risk injury so much anymore. But I want to get home ASAP and screwing off doesn't allow for that.
Stellar employee isn't in my vocabulary.
I don't know what that is.
I know some guys who think they are that sometimes get into big trouble and need the union just like troublemakers. And some get injured running around like idiots and cost the company more than they ever made them when the injury or vehicle accident lawsuit comes thru.
Just telling you how I see it.
I’m done, again you’re reply has nothing to do with my point , read the last sentence of my comment, that’s you
I go to work daily. I wait for freight. Load my freight. Get out there and drive all day long trying to get to places before they close. Work 10-13 daily like that.
You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't run. And I don't risk injury so much anymore. But I want to get home ASAP and screwing off doesn't allow for that.
I know some guys who think they are that sometimes get into big trouble and need the union just like troublemakers. And some get injured running around like idiots and cost the company more than they ever made them when the injury or vehicle accident lawsuit comes thru.

You can copy and paste this if you want the link. I'm not interested in the whole thing:
Figure 2 shows that in 1970, the average CEO compensation was 11 times the average hourly worker wages. In 1980 the gap was 42 times, and in 1990 CEO compensation was 85 times greater than average hourly wages. CEO compensation in 2000 demonstrates a pay gap of over 531 times the average hourly worker wage.

For 2021:

I think that makes it $679/hour if working a 60 hour week all 52 weeks of the year.

The system is out of touch with reality.
I'm not envious and don't think we deserve millions, but sure as hell don't think that this makes for a system which makes any sense.
Most don't want millions. They just want to raise their families, retire at a decent age and not work sun up to sun down forever, own their homes and vehicles alot faster than this system allows for.
And 20,000 people and their families lives may become stressed for that ridiculousness.

I'm sure it ain't easy managing a nationwide LTL.
But to buy all these companies made it more difficult than anybody really needed including the Board who probably pushed for it
Just for comparisons sake, compare Hawkins with Reynolds (ABF). Hawkins not exactly knocking it out of the ballpark.

CEO-Pay.md.jpeg

I'm not just pointing at Yellow.
The system is not realistic imo.
It's not personal. I don't want his money nor his job.
It's jus not realistic and I think it causes motivation problems throughout the whole nations workforce.
People are human and see that....and it causes more problems than it's worth.
As a shareholder in a number of companies I vote "No" on advisory voting on executive compensation at shareholder meetings. What do you do besides complain here on TB?

They might even buy a computer system for a whole lot cheaper to replace them.
Automation is also used to drive our rates down....and the " global economy" argument.
Do you read and completely understand corporate SEC filings and year end financial reports? If not, do you begrudge the compensation of people who have the talent and skill required to produce and understand them?

I'm waiting for that old second wind to come around. But it just ain't coming.
I wanted to do stuff today.
Really did
But didn't get home until after 10 last night. Tired. Alot of hours again this week. Different runs. Wearing me out.
One day I'll get moving again.
Have junk to fix.
Why didn't you go into a different line of work where you wouldn't be abused so badly? Maybe you made your own bad choices in life.

If the comp was 11 times more than us in the 70's, it could work today, no matter what our pay.
If a guy started his own business and got as big as Yellow with no corporate type structure....I bet he wouldnt keep as much as these guys get...and there's 2-3 of them per company.
It would go back into his business for stability and security for the business
You're totally delusional. A company as large and as widespread as Yellow would almost always have to be organized as a corporation.