Yellow | New contract

.My cars are running fine.
The raising interest rates stopped me from a very cheap offer to cut my bills and pay off the little that remains on my house cheaper .now I got these assholes trying to get more again. Change stuff. For themselves all the times these companies and banks.

I'm not a fan of either....not at all...not one bit.

Now deal with my madness.
If the rates stayed low another 6 months and these Yellow assholes would've left me alone...I'd be doing other things. Getting ready to cut out of this life sucking business. That's what I'd be doing
You get paid by the hour don't you? What difference does it make low long the trailer is or if two short trailers are coupled together. Let me repeat myself in case you missed it earlier, you get paid by the hour.

You get paid by the hour don't you? What difference does it make low long the trailer is or if two short trailers are coupled together. Let me repeat myself in case you missed it earlier, you get paid by the hour.
No sir, we get paid by the minute.

Why do you never bust on Yellow for making their bad choice for over 30,000 people and their families lives, ever?
Why is everything they do always ok? And everything the whole 30,000+ who have come and gone since they had to buy everybody, always wrong?
I never said everything they do is OK. Past management has made some very bad decisions which put them over a financial barrel and they're struggling to survive. On the other hand, no one working there is chained to the job. If the job is no longer what you expect it to be take action and find something better suited for you. Times change, conditions change, we can't always expect things to stay the way they were, otherwise I'd still be 12 years old, riding my bicycle around the neighborhood not having a care in the world. :smile new:

Company will have to close soon but if they spend so much money on sending you and me to travel why can't they try pushing by paying more? They have safety trainers and employees and managers travel to help other terminals why not just give better wages???
It’s not provided for in the contract.

I never said everything they do is OK. Past management has made some very bad decisions which put them over a financial barrel and they're struggling to survive. On the other hand, no one working there is chained to the job. If the job is no longer what you expect it to be take action and find something better suited for you. Times change, conditions change, we can't always expect things to stay the way they were, otherwise I'd still be 12 years old, riding my bicycle around the neighborhood not having a care in the world. :smile new:
This may not be a good time to ask this, but I'm asking for a friend, had the bicycle been invented when you were 12 yrs old? :1036316054:

You are not taking into account the Yellow model. Overpay a billion and a half so stakeholders can cash-out stock in other companies, then finance all the profit out of what's left. Who does YRC buy/lease trailers and tractors from? Who sets that price !!!

It would be wise to understand that O'Brien will fight for the best agreement possible. The unreal expectations I'm seeing, should be tempered with the fact that he will not get blood from a stone.
Paying senior management tens of millions of dollars in salaries and bonuses is peanuts compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars the full restoration of pensions would entail.
Yellow reported a 96.2 Operating Ratio for 2022. For those who do not know what an O/R is, it a measurement of revenue versus costs. That O/R indicates that for every dollar earned they spent $0.96.2 dollars. There is no reason to expect any significant increase going forward.
I'm certain that some here will take issue with my thoughts. However, reality needs to be accepted. :1036316054:
its not going to be an easy negotiation ..

Hiring better managers costs money. Hiring better drivers and dockworkers cost money. Everything has a price tag attached.
Now here is some reality for you, from me and (by proxy) Triplex (who is usually on the same page as me).

This and every other company exist for one primary purpose: make a profit for their stakeholders. We as employees of that company are also stakeholders. Our job is to provide the service that the company is in business for. By doing that better than anybody else (the competitors), we can command the best pay, benefits and conditions for ourselves. The fact is that you can have a contract that is bullet-proof, but if the company can't survive all that contract language doesn't mean anything.
I agree that the former and even the present corporate management has made some terrible business decisions that we are suffering for. But that is no excuse to sabotage the efforts of many of us to keep this company afloat. People who milk the clock, deliberately damage freight or equipment steal, or in any other way create problems that they need to be helping solve are a liability to this company, not an asset. That goes for not only the rank-and-file, but all levels of management too. Some of the most costly problems that this company faces originated at the "glass house". In some instances, the perpetrators of those problems are long gone; the problems linger behind.
DO we need to fire the entire executive suite? No! Fire some of them? I believe so. DO we need to fire many of the operations decision-makers? I believe we do, but am wary of who we might get in their stead. This is not an easy fix.

When you tell that to guys with a bunch of weeks of vacation and seniority built up, who started on the dock for years and had every stupid schedule available....that they should start over. cha ning job requirements and pay and companies.
It doesn't fly very well.

Some might think it's great to keep guys competing and starting over at the bottom.
I think in a country in the position we were in and all the education and business smarts and money that we had....should've made better life choices for the majority of citizens ..who were hard working uneducated labor.

I can't count how many guys in this business who have started over and over and over again in this business.

They should fix that.
While they still have money and money for education and business.
Personal responsibility.
It's not the job of the country to make life choices for the citizens who are hardworking uneducated labor.
It's the job of the individual to make himself employable. Get an education, learn a trade, show up on time, rested, sober and ready to work, don't cover your face with tattoos and piercings and you will be successful. If you depend on someone else, like your union or employer, to fund your retirement, if you expect your employer to be in business forever, you will fail. Your choices are what make you employable and financially secure.

If they do. Yellow should think about a last final push before it really goes under the water. Full pension and $4 raise and knock that 2 tier wages. Start your new drivers at full pay scale and hire the drivers they want and need (pick and choose)
Where are they going to get the money to pay what you are suggesting ? They can't afford to pay the wages we are making now..🧑‍🏫 So you know CF had 1.5 billion in debt when it shut the doors..Yellow is sitting on 1.5 billion in debt with only 167 million cash on hand..

Then it sounds like you know where the problem is. Yellow wanted to pay 25% into the pension but the union said NO, all or nothing . It’s been long enough of them not accepting that 25%. Accept it and build off that so people can retire . Iv seen to many teamsters die while they should of been at home collecting a check .
Western Conference Trustees wouldn't accept the $3k contribution into the fund. Before the concessions, I had years of $9k contributions annually.

I've been seeing some central freight inc pups abandon at different costumer yards. I literally went to go look for a pup at a home Depot dc that we lost to Estes. And found yellow freight trailers abandon since February. One pup and one 53 and the pup had 1 pallet for another home Depot that was supposed to be delivered to an Albuquerque NM home Depot dc and it was sitting at a moreno valley CA DC lol how sad that we lose accounts and lossing freight and not picking up those trailers.

I've been seeing some central freight inc pups abandon at different costumer yards. I literally went to go look for a pup at a home Depot dc that we lost to Estes. And found yellow freight trailers abandon since February. One pup and one 53 and the pup had 1 pallet for another home Depot that was supposed to be delivered to an Albuquerque NM home Depot dc and it was sitting at a moreno valley CA DC lol how sad that we lose accounts and lossing freight and not picking up those trailers.
In days gone by there was a weekly FYI kind of paper put out .
There was a section for equipment MIA.
Listed the last seen date and location.
Some of it had been gone for years.