Yellow | New contract

I would be surprised if everyone was made whole.
Sure would be nice but there must be a road to this in new contract.
Face the facts people this Clown Circus does not need more than 1 barn where they have 3 doing it now in places.
Other than not enough room would be the only thing keeping more than 1 barn open in a given area.
This is what Yellow is very good at doing. Shrink To Fit they have done this with every COO or purchase that I have had the pleasure to have a ring side seat.
Preston purchase .. Another screwing for those employee
Saia ,Smalley West EX.. Saia spun off to be run by Dollar Bills family ?
Single man relay to Sleeper teams.
COO 83 in the West
RDWY listened to Dollar Bill tell us all we will never merge these to brands... Their worth to much...
USF ...
Close Red star... Another screwing...
Closing of EOL terminals and moving everything back to Break Bulk
Within 6 months the volume had dropped back down as if those city terminals were never there.
Many of the Teamsters moved on to ABF or retired rather than drive 100 miles to work.
Reddaway a train wreck that rivals Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey great movie .
Why they waited so long to do this change ? All the money they could steal was gone. Nothing left to steal.
They also had a workforce that was largely Non- union and it was not for the lack of trying by Western locals.
The only reason many signed cards was the writing on the wall about endtailing.
Many left and many are looking to leave still.
East of the Rockies this just ain't going to fly ...
I believe the Teamsters and the Circus will come to some sort of agreement.
I look for a lot of jobs to move elsewhere or disappear. HOPE I am wrong..
If this is Yellow then why Holland and New Penn work rules ?
Never have seen a copy of Reddaways yet ... because their are NONE..
If I were working at this circus i would be getting my CDL ASAP
Without a CDL your just one flush away from being out of work..
Who ever said dock workers are unskilled labor is unskilled in speaking.
What ya think kiddies ?

So you're saying pay should depend on revenue then? A company generating less revenue should be paying less to its workers? Think this through carefully before responding. :smile new:
Try telling that to my mortgage lender, utility companies, gas station, etc……. They want their money. We as worker are in the middle of this ORGEY!!!!!

I don't think they pay time and a half until 55 hours or something.
And I'm not sure if their insurance is very good...and have no idea on their retirement nor sick or vacation days.
They are so far ahead OT doesn’t matter YRC employee can never catch them on wages.

The revenue generated of a yellow trailer doesn’t even pay close to the ups trailer… we are the bottom feeder of the freight industry picking up what ever no one else wants… apples and oranges
zollars said that we are bottom feeders, then he ran yellow to the bottom.

It would be wise to understand that O'Brien will fight for the best agreement possible. The unreal expectations I'm seeing, should be tempered with the fact that he will not get blood from a stone.
Paying senior management tens of millions of dollars in salaries and bonuses is peanuts compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars the full restoration of pensions would entail.
Yellow reported a 96.2 Operating Ratio for 2022. For those who do not know what an O/R is, it a measurement of revenue versus costs. That O/R indicates that for every dollar earned they spent $0.96.2 dollars. There is no reason to expect any significant increase going forward.
I'm certain that some here will take issue with my thoughts. However, reality needs to be accepted. :1036316054:
Good post.
Also remember the OR is an operating measurement and for most carriers does not include interest on any debt.
A 96.2 OR is pathetic in what was perhaps the greatest year for LTL Carriers. With ODFL posting a 69 OR In one quarter the high 90's OR is very telling....

Hire better/qualified managers. Managers who honor the contract have good employees, managers who don’t honor the contract, create those type of employees you speak of. If the company choose to lower their rates and haul the freight for free, please tell me how can the people can make them money? They still have an obligation to compensate a worker for their time/work. If we as union members focus more on our union affairs as much as we focus on the company affairs we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’re in.
Unfortunately customers see Yellow as a poor service company. Thus charging rates that provide healthy profits may be out of the question.
No decent manager will work in a union company, hence why Yellow has the management staff they do.
Not sure how this plays out, I think the union is playing with fire......

Very true, but are freight Teamsters second class compared with UPS Teamsters? After all they are all Teamsters but their pay rates aren't even close. Something to think about?
Well said, I have believed that the teamsters have wanted out of freight for a long time...
They focus on public employees, with unlimited budgets government is easy to negotiate with...
The government loves to give away other peoples $$$$$

Unfortunately customers see Yellow as a poor service company. Thus charging rates that provide healthy profits may be out of the question.
No decent manager will work in a union company, hence why Yellow has the management staff they do.
Not sure how this plays out, I think the union is playing with fire......
So why not just close the doors?

You guys need to fight YELLOW and the TEAMSTERS. This pertains to the WESTCOAST. First off, you guys NEED to fight and make the Teamster Pension fund ACCEPT the contributions that yellow is putting into the 401k INTO The PENSION. It’s a $1.80 an hours vs the $7 that is supposed to be going into the pension. Negotiate from $1.80 To $3.00 if possible MORE from yellow , over the life of the Contract and put it into the pension not the 401k . Some pension is better then non and it’s better then the 401k . It’s better to be able to retire with less years worked (work part time if needed) with a Pension then working an extra 15 years full time with a 401k and social security.

WAGES , that’s the company battle , The company and the TEAMSTERS said our craft is UNSKILLED LABOR. I disagree on one part, THE CDL HOLDER, that’s a skilled craft that needs licensing with lots of responsibility. CDL needs more money and needs to compete with non union companies so they can retain drivers. Dock workers on the other hand are a dime a dozen. If you guys are willing to strike and loose a job for them then that’s on you guys . Although they do need yearly wages increases but not to be the same wage as a CDL holder. Make the CDL job attractive.
You do know what should have happened when Yellow defaulted on their pension payments ?
If the IBT had done what they did with past company's we would not be having this problem today ... IML comes to mind..

So why not just close the doors?
Excellent question, despite the level of competence of management it is pretty amazing they have kept this going. The Market Cap is currently just over $90 million. Considering AAA Cooper was sold for more than $1 BILLION that is pathetic.
Gotta give the upper managers credit for keeping it open..

I don't think they pay time and a half until 55 hours or something.
And I'm not sure if their insurance is very good...and have no idea on their retirement nor sick or vacation days.
if you are a P&D Driver it may make a difference depending on how many hours you work & the hourly pay scale.
For linehaul there is no OT so that is a non issue. Unless you are at company that pays road driver by the hour, there are a few who do.