XPO | New drivecams coming

All I addressed in my post was your claim that most trucking companies are self insured. You guys can argue the rest.
And I stand by that, the rest of what you say makes no sense. You seem to be running in circles with other posts….

That's one thing I was taught as a kid, pay attention to your elders (old folks) as they have wisdom that can only be learned by living life. Conway sold & their leaders reaped a nice profit made off the backs of their employees, which did have decent jobs, and took their millions & didn't even make breakfast or give a kiss on the way out the door in the morning. Xpo probably made nice promises when they bought Conway.
Jacobs' said it best....."gotta show the drivers a little love."

Look in the permit book in the tractor, and see what insurance companies name is on the proof of insurance card. Trucking companies may pay out up to a certain amount, maybe the first million, for example,but after that they are carrying rider policies, to cover at fault accidents where major property damage, injuries, or death occur.

85DA7702-BF63-4FC2-BBA6-2D0CBE10AB9B.md.jpg

Betcha could afford it with our free healthcare and pension. That alone is just under $20 an hour paid on our behalf by the company.
That’s enough now! He has made it quite clear under his other identities that he is fine with our lower compensation that he receives now.He doesn’t care that his healthcare is not up to standards or that he does not receive retirement from the company. He makes a couple more bucks an hour than you do and that makes up for it.

Last edited:
That’s for the tractor. The coverages for liability I mentioned previously in an at fault accident would be covered by other policies over and above the minimum ABF would pay.
I have no idea what Abf’s max coverage is, all I know they pay for stuff that’s not their fault & blame it on being self insured….Anyway why would any company want inward facing cameras the insurance companies can deny claims because of them….

Word on the street is XPO has a pilot program going on for I.E drivecams. They watch your every move and certain safety personnel are staying hush about it but I've been told they already plan on rolling them out the first part of next year.
I'm urging everyone to send an email or call corporate or whoever you need to before these are rolled out. You grab your drink, headset, or anything and it starts recording. I'll be jumping ship if these get used. Plenty of other trucking jobs out there where you're not getting baby sat.
No way od has driver facing cameras but r not going to use them. Wonder why they bought. They look pretty on the windshield

They went back on it all but yet they still think the company now has their best interest in mind. I guess some thing you have to live through before you take other peoples word about their experiences.
"They" as in who? All XPO LTL drivers? You think all of us are so gullible as to believe the company has our best interests in mind?

Because we has drivers allow it to happen. We have all the power and never use it. How do you think the company would react if no one showed up for work for a few days? There is no way possible to replace everyone, they can’t get people now. But has usual we drivers will continue to take what the companies impose on us....
It's because they can't afford to miss a day, some need that 65+hrs or 6 day LH weeks. Some of these young guys get in here and make more money then they ever did. Then they buy the toys 60K+ truck new HD, boat/jet ski and then boom there stuck here because they cant afford the little pay cut to take a job with a better quality of life. Next thing you know it's wife, then a baby or more, then that big house and before they know it they been here 20+yrs with little in retirement to show for it, because of 401K loans. This is what these companies want....You in debt so you are there slave.....How many can leave here and keep there same life style for 6 months....If you can't do that then you need to take a very hard look at you finances

It's because they can't afford to miss a day, some need that 65+hrs or 6 day LH weeks. Some of these young guys get in here and make more money then they ever did. Then they buy the toys 60K+ truck new HD, boat/jet ski and then boom there stuck here because they cant afford the little pay cut to take a job with a better quality of life. Next thing you know it's wife, then a baby or more, then that big house and before they know it they been here 20+yrs with little in retirement to show for it, because of 401K loans. This is what these companies want....You in debt so you are there slave.....How many can leave here and keep there same life style for 6 months....If you can't do that then you need to take a very hard look at you finances
In my barn there may be 2 that could do this . Myself and one other . The rest are buried in debt !

They are choosing to serval their employees and put them into constant fear of losing their jobs via Drivecam.
Have you seen how the displain has changed over time....Drop trailer of the road or lave over a trailer got you on the outside looking in. Hell you guy drop one on the road and keep going still had a job..

A million miles in 24 years isn't burning up the highway
Well we do have our funny math we use to get more "million mile" drivers....*all mile my have not been driven. You know 40mile times the hours on the P&D clock. 4hrs at a grocery warehouse is an easy 160mile per XPO math to sit there and play on you phone

In my barn there may be 2 that could do this . Myself and one other . The rest are buried in debt !
Any of them super duty drivin, luxury cruise vacation takin drivers ask you, "What do you do with your money?" I would say, oh, crazy ass things like put it in retirement, get our teeth fixed. fix the house. I put what those guys pay monthly for the super duty, in the 401 weekly and i'm dept free. Not trying to put those guys down. I just want a secure future in insecure times.