XPO | New drivecams coming

BS .... nice try. Even IF they put it in the cars there a whole list of stuff in place to protect the employees from anything close to what your subjected to if you violate.
Their contracts has clear and concise language that deals with the new implementation and use of new technology and its use in the workplace.

The union will always side with safety standards and work methods. Always has. Stop running your mouth like they would ever do anything else.

So then you lied earlier when you said it was bs since you read it!!!!
I'd also like to know why you think they are installing the exact same driver facing camera that XPO is testing and why isn't the union doing something about it?

The union is behind it and supports it. Package car drivers are being pushed to do more more more. If the union can slow them down. It's more package cars. More drivers paying dues.

What info is flawed? I've never seen a camera in a package truck until recently and the ones they are installing are the same XPO is testing. BTW the camera is also driver facing which has been a discussed on here aa something a union wouldn't allow, I guess that's not true

Sigma/Cisco are union. Been using the driver facing camera since well before us. Safety always. The union will never argue against safety policy.

Now how hard is it to get fired here now...They can't get anyone to even apply. Other then coming in and waving a gun around what will they fire you for.....The sh1t going on now didn't fly when I came here. I could take a lift and willfully stab a pallet of bags on all four side loaded it, take it back to my sic and I'll see you tonight and never see an LOI or be told about it...I know of guys blocking the cam with the sun visor and nothing is said to them....We are at the point of playing games to make people come to work with the summertime lottery. Any driver with a good clean record has nothing to worry about. You will be pickup by another carrier in a week and get a signing bonus to boot...

So many quitting have proved this true. It's a great time to want for something new.

Word on the street is XPO has a pilot program going on for I.E drivecams. They watch your every move and certain safety personnel are staying hush about it but I've been told they already plan on rolling them out the first part of next year.
I'm urging everyone to send an email or call corporate or whoever you need to before these are rolled out. You grab your drink, headset, or anything and it starts recording. I'll be jumping ship if these get used. Plenty of other trucking jobs out there where you're not getting baby sat.
They monitor your motor moves on the dock. Well guess what? We didn't have enough drivers to pick up all our requests for freight today, and as it turned out, I ended up sweeping the dock because it was embarrassingly trashed (before our P&Ds started coming in), and then I had a couple of serious recoups to do. By the time all was said and done, we had two P&Ds left on the road. One of our drivers broke the first trailer, and we were having to trap the second because it was too late and we didn't have any remaining lanes. I ended up with 4.0 MMH because I broke one damn trailer in a four-hour shift. I'm already doing 0600-1000 or 1100 on inbound as a dock hand, sweeping trailers and ::shit::, because they cut my outbound hours in half. You want to fire me because I am strapping and adding dunnage and dropping decks when others aren't? Go right ahead. Estes is a quarter-mile from the XPO dock and they're offering me $5.80 an hour more. It's stupid.

They monitor your motor moves on the dock. Well guess what? We didn't have enough drivers to pick up all our requests for freight today, and as it turned out, I ended up sweeping the dock because it was embarrassingly trashed (before our P&Ds started coming in), and then I had a couple of serious recoups to do. By the time all was said and done, we had two P&Ds left on the road. One of our drivers broke the first trailer, and we were having to trap the second because it was too late and we didn't have any remaining lanes. I ended up with 4.0 MMH because I broke one damn trailer in a four-hour shift. I'm already doing 0600-1000 or 1100 on inbound as a dock hand, sweeping trailers and ****, because they cut my outbound hours in half. You want to fire me because I am strapping and adding dunnage and dropping decks when others aren't? Go right ahead. Estes is a quarter-mile from the XPO dock and they're offering me $5.80 an hour more. It's stupid.
I catch hell on inbound because the dock isn't swept when these prima donnas arrive. I catch hell for leaving misloads on the dock, when nobody even bothered to tell me they were misloads and to make sure outbound takes care of it. I don't mind doing it if I know about it, but I hate inbound shift. They act like their ::shit:: doesn't stink, and I'm just trying to sweep out trailers, remove straps, raise decks back to the top, remove all the plywood and deck boards, and I have two or three people yelling my name for me to come give them a hand with a collapsed pallet. I tell them that I don't make the decisions on outbound, and I sure as hell am not the only dockworker on the outbound shift, and I am damned sick and tired of being the only one who cares for the dock enough to sweep it off. We have a Black & Decker corded blower, but I brought my 18v Makita cordless last week to clean it off because I could get it done faster. And they want to rank me on motor moves when I'm doing ::shit:: nobody else does? Fk that noise.

My son works at ups as a package driver. No cameras. BS
We lost a helluva nice guy to UPS. He just came in the office and said he was going to UPS. No notice or anything. I think XPO needs to get out of the corner-glass office and see what's going on. I can make nearly $6 more an hour at Estes, and I am in the process of applying because they require a 10-year work history. I do not want to leave XPO; we're like family at NAV. But $10,000 more a year when I'm trying to buy a house would be stupid not at least to inquire.

I catch hell on inbound because the dock isn't swept when these prima donnas arrive. I catch hell for leaving misloads on the dock, when nobody even bothered to tell me they were misloads and to make sure outbound takes care of it. I don't mind doing it if I know about it, but I hate inbound shift. They act like their **** doesn't stink, and I'm just trying to sweep out trailers, remove straps, raise decks back to the top, remove all the plywood and deck boards, and I have two or three people yelling my name for me to come give them a hand with a collapsed pallet. I tell them that I don't make the decisions on outbound, and I sure as hell am not the only dockworker on the outbound shift, and I am damned sick and tired of being the only one who cares for the dock enough to sweep it off. We have a Black & Decker corded blower, but I brought my 18v Makita cordless last week to clean it off because I could get it done faster. And they want to rank me on motor moves when I'm doing **** nobody else does? Fk that noise.
They’ll have another guy(or not) in your spot. They do not care about people leaving. That’s pretty clear.

I ended up sweeping the dock because it was embarrassingly trashed (before our P&Ds started coming in), and then I had a couple of serious recoups to do.
Boy your city driver must be real sh1theads that you have to recoup your own city pickups. I know at my place we call then out for it.

We lost a helluva nice guy to UPS. He just came in the office and said he was going to UPS. No notice or anything. I think XPO needs to get out of the corner-glass office and see what's going on. I can make nearly $6 more an hour at Estes, and I am in the process of applying because they require a 10-year work history. I do not want to leave XPO; we're like family at NAV. But $10,000 more a year when I'm trying to buy a house would be stupid not at least to inquire.
Yea I worked with many good people but they don't pay your bills...You have to put yourself first....

The OD guys been bitching. I guess they got cameras in their new trucks. Forward facing. But they are catching drivers on their phones from the reflection off the windshield. It all starts with a little lie. And then it starts to grow.

The OD guys been bitching. I guess they got cameras in their new trucks. Forward facing. But they are catching drivers on their phones from the reflection off the windshield. It all starts with a little lie. And then it starts to grow.
Ours were supposed to be coaching tools only . Not violate and your out. Guys want to take the company at its word then and going forward.