Yellow | New Equipment

sounds like a company pom,pom player or baton twirler, yea maybe darren. how's everything going in mi skull? are they gonna combine the terminals? that yrc one has no doors, the trailers are the doors! that lease should be up soon at your terminal (estes).
Nuthin new to report in MI. Lotsa shiny wheels pulling our freight, lots of box trucks lotta :shit:ty Uline frt. I know what you mean about the yellow terminal. They have a snowplow for the dock and a lot of shovels. According to the TM, we aren't merging at least in the foreseeable future. Too much work to be done at the yellow terminal, and not enough room at ours. So we'll probably merge in summer lol. Yours truly will probably pull the plug when that happens. Most of the Yrc guys have start dates in the mid 90's so our board will be displaced. But look at the bright side, it's all done to better serve the customer.

Nuthin new to report in MI. Lotsa shiny wheels pulling our freight, lots of box trucks lotta ****ty Uline frt. I know what you mean about the yellow terminal. They have a snowplow for the dock and a lot of shovels. According to the TM, we aren't merging at least in the foreseeable future. Too much work to be done at the yellow terminal, and not enough room at ours. So we'll probably merge in summer lol. Yours truly will probably pull the plug when that happens. Most of the Yrc guys have start dates in the mid 90's so our board will be displaced. But look at the bright side, it's all done to better serve the customer.
thanks for the come back, i'm sure glad i'm not part of the equation there anymore! i was thinking about all of the box trucks they have now, when they go bankrupt (eventually) 2 men and a truck will have a field day on the used box trucks! just maybe 2 men and a truck might make a bid to purchase holland etc... nobody would see that coming! i sure would hate to say "i told you so". gonna pull out my magic 8 ball and ask it what the future brings over there!

Honestly, I play it one day at a time I'm on closing shift so I do a couple of switches and then work the dock. The thing is we're busy but not that busy. The idea of loading a trailer and getting it down the road is verboten. Freight has to pile up in the bay until all the Uline frt is loaded so around 1030-1100 then we start building loads. But we load half a Lexington and then half a Louisville for example, then try to find room for the rest of the Lexington. Too many mismanagement stories to tell here, but it's part of the plan. Night ops is probably the best self promoter I've ever seen so hopefully he gets promoted soon. Congrats on getting out. Did you retire or move on to browner pastures?

thanks for the come back, i'm sure glad i'm not part of the equation there anymore! i was thinking about all of the box trucks they have now, when they go bankrupt (eventually) 2 men and a truck will have a field day on the used box trucks! just maybe 2 men and a truck might make a bid to purchase holland etc... nobody would see that coming! i sure would hate to say "i told you so". gonna pull out my magic 8 ball and ask it what the future brings over there!
Future so bright I have to where shades.
And remember it’s High Hook Friday tomorrow.

8156BFD2-18D4-4756-9CFE-73D36D126058.md.jpg DE6C5586-0FE9-4276-B6A5-5DADDE36669A.md.jpg Three of these came in today stacked up Notice the West Coast numbers indicating 65 mph trucks Also, no radios or exhaust stacks 2AFBE586-DA3A-48B8-9634-B25ADC235CCF.md.jpg

Orange Freight driver;
Yes mam, I have a king size bed, and mattress set for you.
Customer;
Great. I will need it put together and put in the upstairs bedroom .
Orange Freight driver;
No problem. My helper, Wong and I will have it done quickly, and take all the packing materials with us.
Dang, where’s my flying pig meme?

So these are four of the “new” box trucks they bought used from Penske. On the doors it says GVW 25,000. They have had them for some time waiting on the decals
I hear KC is going to be the Midwest hub for last mile freight, and run team drivers in the straight trucks in a 400 mile radius of 342?

Orange Freight driver;
Yes mam, I have a king size bed, and mattress set for you.
Customer;
Great. I will need it put together and put in the upstairs bedroom .
Orange Freight driver;
No problem. My helper, Wong and I will have it done quickly, and take all the packing materials with us.

8F58115A-3AE2-49E3-BF55-6B2395AF504F.md.jpg

Are you kidding??! This is how Wong put together a chair in the break room for Donna....

Honestly, I play it one day at a time I'm on closing shift so I do a couple of switches and then work the dock. The thing is we're busy but not that busy. The idea of loading a trailer and getting it down the road is verboten. Freight has to pile up in the bay until all the Uline frt is loaded so around 1030-1100 then we start building loads. But we load half a Lexington and then half a Louisville for example, then try to find room for the rest of the Lexington. Too many mismanagement stories to tell here, but it's part of the plan. Night ops is probably the best self promoter I've ever seen so hopefully he gets promoted soon. Congrats on getting out. Did you retire or move on to browner pastures?
retired, ran into a madison driver a couple of days ago he said, daily bill count only around 600 bills per day! when i was there last feb 2019 the avg was 1,150-1,250 per day and only about 4-5 box trucks. glad to hear you can see the light at the end of the abyss! lol i remember gateway,specter, buying new equipment riight b-4 closing their doors. wondering what's gonna happen when the well runs dry again???? i don't want to tell you what the magic 8-ball says!