XPO | New International Trucks

I used the “lamp check” button on the dash to check the lights. All lights including the four way flashers must be turned off first. It cycles through all the lights. Unfortunately, you can’t check for air leaks unless the pedal is pressed down.
Yah I trust that about as much as the tire inflation light not being on that all my tires are ok, didn't know they check the trailer lights with that option

I was told by upper management no more internationals. Our mechanics don't know how to work on them they are going back to freightshakers

That's funny. I was never really sure they knew how to work on the freightliners. Wasn't that why they went to the Internationals to begin with ? Maintenance costs ?

Whatever the reason was, that's good news.

The international I drive every day is a real pile. To many things wrong with it to list. I still enjoy the climate control and radio. Powered mirrors and windows. Better than them old Sterlings for creature comforts. But if your tractor is the biggest complaint you have about working here. You don't have anything to cry about. Get 'er dun.

Here,Here! We've got bigger problems......We haven't had the "cornbinders" long enough to make a dependability decision about them.
The one thing about truck is you always get a few bad apples. The freightliner I had for just over 2 1/2 years and I had no major problem other than wear parts. The truck never let me sit. Yet we still have one or two truck that are always braking down. So is it the trucks of the drivers driving the truck. We had one guy red tag his trucks for the engine light being on. When the out side vendor came to check the codes. The told the drive to next time fill the oil and coolant both were very low.

Just look at the fifth wheel placement. When we got the 2017 trailer they were ripping mud flaps off the 2017 trucks and at my place no one could figure out why. My 2011 I had no problem the guys in 2017 did and why they ask. I all came down to were the college ed rocket science had the fifth wheel place on the truck
Landin gear probably too far up... must not have dog legs on your pups.

shoulda had fifth wheel same distance from cab as old trucks with a lil bit longer wheelbase so it’ll tranfer some weight to the steer. That helps on them heavies.

On Penisbilts we gotta jam a screwdriver behind the trolley handle.

Again. There is a light check button. Turn your lights off. Hit the button. Go check your lights. It's pretty easy. Does it not work this way at night or something ? Does it being dark outside somehow effect this operation ?

Landin gear probably too far up... must not have dog legs on your pups.

shoulda had fifth wheel same distance from cab as old trucks with a lil bit longer wheelbase so it’ll tranfer some weight to the steer. That helps on them heavies.
for one when you move the fifth wheel closer to the cab it put more weight on you steers and it also puts more weight on your drivers too. So it give you no help with the heavies as you put it.
On our new trailer the landing gear was in the same place as it is on all the old trailers. It was the king pin placement. Ther king pin on the new trailer was placed back farther than on the old trailers.

for one when you move the fifth wheel closer to the cab it put more weight on you steers and it also puts more weight on your drivers too. So it give you no help with the heavies as you put it.
On our new trailer the landing gear was in the same place as it is on all the old trailers. It was the king pin placement. Ther king pin on the new trailer was placed back farther than on the old trailers.

And when the internationals were new we were snapping off mud flaps on the dolly legs. They had to put the fifth wheel as far back as possible because we pull pups.

And when the internationals were new we were snapping off mud flaps on the dolly legs. They had to put the fifth wheel as far back as possible because we pull pups.
I know I drive one now. in my 2011 Freightliner when I was close to having 20k on the drivers I had just over 11K on the steers. Now in my corn binder 20K on the driver I barely have 10k on the steers.

Again. There is a light check button. Turn your lights off. Hit the button. Go check your lights. It's pretty easy. Does it not work this way at night or something ? Does it being dark outside somehow effect this operation ?
No I’m talkin bout puttin air to the service side and makin sure its runnin all the way through. On Petes that lever dont stay put.

No slidin your fifth wheel lightens yer drive a bit, but puts more on yer steer. Shorter yer wheelbase, the greater that effect is. I helped a guy do that once and it lightened his drive up by almost 2K.

On mine 20K on the drive means about 10.7 on the steer.

Ok so yall runnin different kingpin setback than we are. Can’t slide a fifth a whole heluva lot with that.

If ya do it ya just gotta check it... bend to 45 degrees and make sure aint nuthin gonna hit. A lotta drivers don’t know to do that or don’t care.