XPO | New Rule - Measure Freight Wrong 5 times in a year and Get Fired

HowlerMonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
We were told this is company wide.

We had a meeting and were all told this C.A.C stuff has now lead to.... if your off an excessive amount with your measuring 5 times in a year you will most likely face termination. We were told anything over 2 inches off qualifies as an event...The 1st 2 or 3 mistakes (not sure) are coaching events, the 3rd and or 4th is a write up and the 5th is a talk with the terminal mgr and is at his discretion to fire you which is to our understanding going to be the outcome......

Some of the things I've heard guys say is...

What if the CAC (certified accuracy checker) that checks your measuring measures wrong. They ship the freight off and there's no way to ever know if you were really wrong. Just a C.A.C's word who may of just been with the company a few months.
What if the freight is put on a different sized skid after you measured it and now comes up wrong?
What if you have 2-3 C.A.C's low on the board trying to get the higher ups or a particular higher up written up and fired... Yes I know this one is sinister but people can be very mean.

I understand they're trying to get the cube on the trailers correct and the freight measured right but it just seems like this could lead to a lot of drivers getting falsely accused and possibly fired.

Sounds just stupid enough to me to be the truth.

Oh it's true..... If you work at conway you should know all about it according to what we were told. They said it's company wide. I have no reason to lie about it. It started out by when you scan certain freight the handheld said must be checked by a C.A.C and now this.

Oh it's true..... If you work at conway you should know all about it according to what we were told. They said it's company wide. I have no reason to lie about it. It started out by when you scan certain freight the handheld said must be checked by a C.A.C and now this.

We haven't heard anything.

There is probably a grain of truth somewhere..Wrong numbers screw up the linehaul projections.. Nothing like seeing an 8 skid trailer cube out at 90%..We are trying to be lean boys, and you overpaid drivers and dockworkers need to be giving your masters what they are paying you for...

We were told this is company wide.

We had a meeting and were all told this C.A.C stuff has now lead to.... if your off an excessive amount with your measuring 5 times in a year you will most likely face termination. We were told anything over 2 inches off qualifies as an event...The 1st 2 or 3 mistakes (not sure) are coaching events, the 3rd and or 4th is a write up and the 5th is a talk with the terminal mgr and is at his discretion to fire you which is to our understanding going to be the outcome......

Some of the things I've heard guys say is...

What if the CAC (certified accuracy checker) that checks your measuring measures wrong. They ship the freight off and there's no way to ever know if you were really wrong. Just a C.A.C's word who may of just been with the company a few months.
What if the freight is put on a different sized skid after you measured it and now comes up wrong?
What if you have 2-3 C.A.C's low on the board trying to get the higher ups or a particular higher up written up and fired... Yes I know this one is sinister but people can be very mean.

I understand they're trying to get the cube on the trailers correct and the freight measured right but it just seems like this could lead to a lot of drivers getting falsely accused and possibly fired.

Wow that totally sucks and is unfair. If there were just some way for somebody to stick up for you guys. You know, like an. . . oh. . . what's it called?
Uhhh . . . A Union!

Wow that totally sucks and is unfair. If there were just some way for somebody to stick up for you guys. You know, like an. . . oh. . . what's it called?
Uhhh . . . A Union!

ask ups and abf how the union is working out.......no thanks.. just one more load of ***** on top of the already sky high bs that goes on here..We can do without a U.

There is probably a grain of truth somewhere..Wrong numbers screw up the linehaul projections.. Nothing like seeing an 8 skid trailer cube out at 90%..We are trying to be lean boys, and you overpaid drivers and dockworkers need to be giving your masters what they are paying you for...

One of the examples they gave was similar to your statement. Their example was that no trailer should ever have over 100% cube and should probably never reach 100%. I've seen over 130 cube and I'm sure others have seen much more. The only way it could is by bad measuring.

They also told us that the 1st person to receive a writeup because of it was located somewhere in Arkansas. Why they told us that or why it matters I have no clue, maybe just to assure us that it is happening elsewhere.

The only reason I mentioned it in the 1st place was to see what others were seeing happen with this rule implemented or any areas of concern. I'm guessing everyone has C.A.C (certified accuracy checkers) now in addition to W&I inspectors.

Uhhh . . . A Union!

Hey, At least us new guys at Conway get 15 days of PTO our 1st year. If we don't like our place we can always come over to your house. We just choose not to.

One of the examples they gave was similar to your statement. Their example was that no trailer should ever have over 100% cube and should probably never reach 100%. I've seen over 130 cube and I'm sure others have seen much more. The only way it could is by bad measuring.

They also told us that the 1st person to receive a writeup because of it was located somewhere in Arkansas. Why they told us that or why it matters I have no clue, maybe just to assure us that it is happening elsewhere.

The only reason I mentioned it in the 1st place was to see what others were seeing happen with this rule implemented or any areas of concern. I'm guessing everyone has C.A.C (certified accuracy checkers) now in addition to W&I inspectors.
I am a math major, and I am like if 100 cube means something is full there can only be two possibilities..Either the measurements are off or you are cramming **** into the trailer.. More than 100% is not possible. But the supervisors on the FAC loves these bogus numbers that they read off in the TIMS meetings at night...They lick their chops, and another reason why LEAN is absolute garbage and why we cant see true profits. There are too many ways to cook the numbers. So on paper it looks like a SIC is meeting all the metrics when in actuality they are spending 10 dollars to make one...They will close a trailer that can fit a few more skids just because it shows over 100%. Integrity is our core value my ass.

People scan the freight onto the trailer , then forget to load it. Making the cube and weight.! , more. Then a mty is put to the dock and you scan the frieght ,it shows on the other trailer. Also making your hooks wrong,sometimes extreamely wrong. I want to load my own trailers for this reason.

I was a "certified" dimension checker when I was at Con-way. My certification was being watched measuring one shipment by a girl from xgo and some ******* from xkc getting paid to travel the country with this girl from xgo. I was not asked to do this, I was drafted. I have no idea how many shipments my checks changed. There are shipments that are too tall to reach the top, so you hang the tape on the top and stretch it to the floor, and hope that you get it right. On oblong freight it was even worse. If you didn't have anything to hang the tape on you did the best you could. What a frickin joke. And people's livelihoods are going to hang on this? I just continue to be amazed at how stupid this stuff is and it's only getting worse!

I was a "certified" dimension checker when I was at Con-way. My certification was being watched measuring one shipment by a girl from xgo and some ******* from xkc getting paid to travel the country with this girl from xgo. I was not asked to do this, I was drafted. I have no idea how many shipments my checks changed. There are shipments that are too tall to reach the top, so you hang the tape on the top and stretch it to the floor, and hope that you get it right. On oblong freight it was even worse. If you didn't have anything to hang the tape on you did the best you could. What a frickin joke. And people's livelihoods are going to hang on this? I just continue to be amazed at how stupid this stuff is and it's only getting worse!

They waste a lot of money trying to make money..all you have to do is use common sense..that's the way we did things when we were getting those 3 and $ 4000. Bonuses .