XPO | New Rule - Measure Freight Wrong 5 times in a year and Get Fired

Is there any possibility that their Chinese, Dollar Store tape measures could be wrong?

I was in the breakroom and on the Con-Job T.V. they showed a picture that said this year so far they made around 120 Mil extra off of the W&M. No wonder they are wasting all this money on stupidity. So yhey don't have to give us any of it. You all know how they like to cheat the numbers. "If we tell the drivers that the cameras cost individualy $500 X the amount we need = 30 mil. But bulk we get it for 15 mil, we get to hide 15 mil. Yea! Wow paint. We can do the same with paint. If a gallon costs us $50 each, We won't tell them how much for a skid.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were told this is company wide.

We had a meeting and were all told this C.A.C stuff has now lead to.... if your off an excessive amount with your measuring 5 times in a year you will most likely face termination. We were told anything over 2 inches off qualifies as an event...The 1st 2 or 3 mistakes (not sure) are coaching events, the 3rd and or 4th is a write up and the 5th is a talk with the terminal mgr and is at his discretion to fire you which is to our understanding going to be the outcome......

Some of the things I've heard guys say is...

What if the CAC (certified accuracy checker) that checks your measuring measures wrong. They ship the freight off and there's no way to ever know if you were really wrong. Just a C.A.C's word who may of just been with the company a few months.
What if the freight is put on a different sized skid after you measured it and now comes up wrong?
What if you have 2-3 C.A.C's low on the board trying to get the higher ups or a particular higher up written up and fired... Yes I know this one is sinister but people can be very mean.

I understand they're trying to get the cube on the trailers correct and the freight measured right but it just seems like this could lead to a lot of drivers getting falsely accused and possibly fired.

Great another way to fire us.

They would never want to fire us. They love us. They would bend over for us to keep us. Oh wait. I accidently started talking about my last job. Never mind
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N
Just to ask a fair question as a casual observer, why is it your last job? I I'm wishing now I could have made Con-way my previous employer a long time ago, not just recently!

Just to ask a fair question as a casual observer, why is it your last job? I I'm wishing now I could have made Con-way my previous employer a long time ago, not just recently!
dude i am thinking about leaving too. I just cant deal with the tuesday-saturday starts..only reason I like linehaul here, monday night through saturday afternoons..But wait, by the time i get off and sleep, saturday is gone so I guess there really isnt much difference.

I know many whom Are thinking about leaving these Cameras are and Invasion of our privacy they have no business recording us on top of the Camera ! to bee honest there are too many jobs out there in driving not to consider it we keep getting worse keep add dumb **** to the list of already dumb **** we have to too **** I hope they buy robots to replace us that's what they want !!!!!!!

I know many whom Are thinking about leaving these Cameras are and Invasion of our privacy they have no business recording us on top of the Camera ! to bee honest there are too many jobs out there in driving not to consider it we keep getting worse keep add dumb **** to the list of already dumb **** we have to too **** I hope they buy robots to replace us that's what they want !!!!!!!

If google can have driverless cars running all over, it will be a matter of time before there are smart forklifts..Then they can pay someone minimum wage to drop racks and get dunage..

It seems to me that UPS guys are doing pretty well for themselves ? Union shops are always very strict on rules, but that is why they do s*** t right! But, at least the rules are developed with an eye towards being fair to both parties - employer and union members. And, if they aren't fair to union members they have a say in things. I personally prefer working for a union LTL company because I'm not at the mercy of some bi-polar mgmt. maniac, who has the power to negatively impact my work conditions. I've done both and neither is perfect. But, for my money give me the IBT job !
Conway applies the rules anyway they want too without any regard to fairness, example is if a D.S.R. gets a DUI we lose our job, if a sales person gets one they don't, why is that fair?:wtflol:

I used to make 11 an hour and came to Conway to make 17.80 to start. That's almost 8 buck raise. Who wouldn't? Don't get me wrong, Conway was ok a few yrs back, now its horrible. To many rules, stupid rules that is. Now I'm even afraid to fart, they might said polluting the air is against company policy
J.N

I used to make 11 an hour and came to Conway to make 17.80 to start. That's almost 8 buck raise. Who wouldn't? Don't get me wrong, Conway was ok a few yrs back, now its horrible. To many rules, stupid rules that is. Now I'm even afraid to fart, they might said polluting the air is against company policy
J.N

lol jim-lex

Once you get your time in and are at top pay of over $24 an hour then get a couple cost of living raises, $25 an hour plus OT at 8 hrs and all the PTO is hard to beat in my neck of the woods. I recently saw a well known food distributor in my area that said you average $25-27 an hour and an average work week is 40-45 hrs. New drivers average $55,000+ bonus but pay is incentive based and you know how that usually goes. It's Mon-Fri. It's the absolute only thing I've seen that's even close but I'm not a fan of incentive pay.

I always keep my eyes open for better employment and Conway is one of the very best I know of, as far as pay & PTO goes from what I see and that's just our city pay. We have senior guys on linehaul makin over $1800 a week. I can't even find a tanker job that pays $1400 - $1500 a week and I have 4 years tank experience hauling gas and diesel and 3 hauling dry bulk. Haven't had a speeding ticket since 1994 got CDL in 1999 and no wrecks or issues driving a big truck ever.

Tell me where all these better jobs are and not the union jobs you guys always boast on here as being so protective of the employee. I've looked and they don't compare. I'm not waiting 2 years to get a vacation and not wanting to top out at $22 an hour. Thanks.

pretty soon there wont be much driving jobs left, and thats my opinion..last week at my sic we had a few senior guys off that all run meets save one. I thought to myself Ill be damned, maybe Ill get to be number one to the FAC since the guys above me would get bumped up.. Nope, they cut the runs and ran it on purchase. It is unbelievable how many people are willing to get into a truck for 20c/mile...CRST subhauls for all the big name LTL carriers that you can think of. And it will only get worse. Why should some college kid in Ann Arbor tasked to save the company money on linehaul care that if they run a purchase pull you wont work that night. Trust me, I get the whole save money to be competitive, but that is all they care about..cutting costs. I love the LTL business, but I'm really not sure I want any part of it once next year rolls around. Ill maintain my CDL, but I think Ill give up driving.

J.N

I hear ya, a job ain't worth a flip even if they treat you like gold, but pay you like fun foil.

Howler- It's not about the pay, it's also how you get treated. We don't get overtime after 8 down here, and yeah you get pto, hell I could take a nice long vacation if I wanted to, but every time you try it's declined because the top guys take off to go on camping trips, chili cook-offs etc. Just because I don't have 25years of service, doesn't mean i'm not deservent of a few days off, when I need them. My wife and I always get away alone down on the coast during the summer...shiiiiit, not this year, it's been over a year since we have got alone time for more than half a night. Getting in at 10am on saturday morning, catching a nap, and then having half my weekend gone already, and missing that time with my kids. My wife sleeps alone every night, and we work opposing shifts...rarely see each other. That's not worth two fuks at all..no matter how much money they pay. And for the record, I came from a small 4 truck private owned company, no cameras, tracking, no governors, or bs like that, making $1500 a week..and I was home every DAY as well. I say day in big letters, because I would get home around noon, shower, nap, grab a bite to eat, and I was gone again. It wasn't sleeping in my bed at night either, but the guy I worked for would give you the shirt off his back, or money from his own pocket if you got in a bind. So I didn't mind working for him, he treated drivers excellent, we had family invite crawfish boils, "drivers meetings", etc, and nobody got writeups..we were professional, and treated as such. I needed off, a phone call was all it took. Looming threats of writeups, termination, etc are what make it not that great of a job. What employer throws around threats at it's employees, and looks at them as replacable bodies, yet has the nerve to call themselves "one of the most admired companies in the ltl industry"?? Fuk'n please...didn't know Dougie moonlighted as a comedian as well...

Howler- It's not about the pay, it's also how you get treated. We don't get overtime after 8 down here, and yeah you get pto, hell I could take a nice long vacation if I wanted to, but every time you try it's declined because the top guys take off to go on camping trips, chili cook-offs etc. Just because I don't have 25years of service, doesn't mean i'm not deservent of a few days off, when I need them. What employer throws around threats at it's employees, and looks at them as replacable bodies, yet has the nerve to call themselves "one of the most admired companies in the ltl industry"?? Fuk'n please...didn't know Dougie moonlighted as a comedian as well...

I don't think they called themselves "one of the most admired companies" I believe that was Forbes Magazine. I don't work on weekends and haven't been here a year yet and have 4 guys under me that get days off if they want. Guess it's different at each barn.

In general, being a truck driver isn't the ideal job for home time. I think I know what you mean though, I like smaller companies too. I pulled a dry bulk tanker for a few years, had two t-2000 Kenworths to choose from and was the only driver. Top speed wasn't regulated / governed. I loved it but they went out of business.

I guess when you have a few employees as drivers there's less room for error verse having several thousand. Could you imagine managing 10's of thousands of drivers and equipment?

I understand we all like the environment of a small company that has the time and money to have crawfish boils and such and some conway barns do have picnics and cookouts but sounds like yours isn't on of them. We all want a new truck that goes as fast as we want to go and make $1400 a week with no computer on board with 100% drop n hook. And believe me, I'm looking for that job.

I love it Getting and LOI For Rotten Gas ~!!~ That is Assault on my nasal Passages ! Might be termination !!

J.N

J.N
They will see you hiking your leg to fart on the camera..I'm sure of it.

Howler- It's not about the pay, it's also how you get treated. We don't get overtime after 8 down here, and yeah you get pto, hell I could take a nice long vacation if I wanted to, but every time you try it's declined because the top guys take off to go on camping trips, chili cook-offs etc. Just because I don't have 25years of service, doesn't mean i'm not deservent of a few days off, when I need them. My wife and I always get away alone down on the coast during the summer...shiiiiit, not this year, it's been over a year since we have got alone time for more than half a night. Getting in at 10am on saturday morning, catching a nap, and then having half my weekend gone already, and missing that time with my kids. My wife sleeps alone every night, and we work opposing shifts...rarely see each other. That's not worth two fuks at all..no matter how much money they pay. And for the record, I came from a small 4 truck private owned company, no cameras, tracking, no governors, or bs like that, making $1500 a week..and I was home every DAY as well. I say day in big letters, because I would get home around noon, shower, nap, grab a bite to eat, and I was gone again. It wasn't sleeping in my bed at night either, but the guy I worked for would give you the shirt off his back, or money from his own pocket if you got in a bind. So I didn't mind working for him, he treated drivers excellent, we had family invite crawfish boils, "drivers meetings", etc, and nobody got writeups..we were professional, and treated as such. I needed off, a phone call was all it took. Looming threats of writeups, termination, etc are what make it not that great of a job. What employer throws around threats at it's employees, and looks at them as replacable bodies, yet has the nerve to call themselves "one of the most admired companies in the ltl industry"?? Fuk'n please...didn't know Dougie moonlighted as a comedian as well...
That "most admired" tag is for the stock holder. The company is not going anywhere, and they make money. That's what that means.