XPO | New Rule - Measure Freight Wrong 5 times in a year and Get Fired

We were told this is company wide.

We had a meeting and were all told this C.A.C stuff has now lead to.... if your off an excessive amount with your measuring 5 times in a year you will most likely face termination. We were told anything over 2 inches off qualifies as an event...The 1st 2 or 3 mistakes (not sure) are coaching events, the 3rd and or 4th is a write up and the 5th is a talk with the terminal mgr and is at his discretion to fire you which is to our understanding going to be the outcome......

Some of the things I've heard guys say is...

What if the CAC (certified accuracy checker) that checks your measuring measures wrong. They ship the freight off and there's no way to ever know if you were really wrong. Just a C.A.C's word who may of just been with the company a few months.
What if the freight is put on a different sized skid after you measured it and now comes up wrong?
What if you have 2-3 C.A.C's low on the board trying to get the higher ups or a particular higher up written up and fired... Yes I know this one is sinister but people can be very mean.

I understand they're trying to get the cube on the trailers correct and the freight measured right but it just seems like this could lead to a lot of drivers getting falsely accused and possibly fired.

what if the cac is a guy that wants to move up and targets the senior drivers? Just ax'n

what if the cac is a guy that wants to move up and targets the senior drivers? Just ax'n

The one saving grace is that when you're a cac and you dimension check a shipment you don't know what dimensions were entered in the street. Now I guess you could measure it and type in a different dimension that what you saw on the tape and alter or that way, but if the same dimension checker keeps coming up with vastly different dimensions I'd hope mgmt would be smart enough to see what's happening.

The one saving grace is that when you're a cac and you dimension check a shipment you don't know what dimensions were entered in the street. Now I guess you could measure it and type in a different dimension that what you saw on the tape and alter or that way, but if the same dimension checker keeps coming up with vastly different dimensions I'd hope mgmt would be smart enough to see what's happening.

LOL, That's an oxymoron, using management and smart in the same sentence.

we cant come to the abf or yrc board and talk anything non-u..We would be interlynched over there..Keep your U garbage out of here..thanks

Actually, we can...that's according to the new "temporary" rule. Besides, YRC-atm has a lot of good info...never a dull moment, that's for sure..

we cant come to the abf or yrc board and talk anything non-u..We would be interlynched over there..Keep your U garbage out of here..thanks
When I started with this company,I could stand on the dock with a union guy and match him with both pay and benefits. We never worried about losing our job if we were doing it. WE were the leader in LTL. Now we constantly worry about losing our job and more benefit changes. How do you know that U is garbage? What we have now isn't working out to well for us, maybe it is time for a change.

When I started with this company,I could stand on the dock with a union guy and match him with both pay and benefits. We never worried about losing our job if we were doing it. WE were the leader in LTL. Now we constantly worry about losing our job and more benefit changes. How do you know that U is garbage? What we have now isn't working out to well for us, maybe it is time for a change.
Do you just copy and paste the same thing every time you post...? Its always the same thing over and over...

Do you just copy and paste the same thing every time you post...? Its always the same thing over and over...
I realize that you could feel that way. If I took both sides of so many issues as you tend to do, I guess I would have a problem with somebody else being consistent. You tell everyone they have to plan and take care of themselves, which I agree with, but part of that planning is planning on what you are told you will get by your employer. The company keeps shoving it up our a**es and YOU keep defending there actions over and over, I guess you enjoy it,

Just do it right the first time!! I measure the freight and then write it in the body of the Bill of Lading (1) then I use magic marker and write it on the freight (2) next to the pro number. Then I use my own I-phone and take a picture of it with the dims and the pro number (3) and the freight itself. That way when questions come your way on unusual freight a picture, a pro, and written dims on the BOL and on the freight, shows you have done a professional job. Doing this keeps everyone in check. Just watch their eyes go wide open, and their mouth go shut when you are packing the proof, they will go on to some one else when they know you are the one with the proof!!!

Just do it right the first time!! I measure the freight and then write it in the body of the Bill of Lading (1) then I use magic marker and write it on the freight (2) next to the pro number. Then I use my own I-phone and take a picture of it with the dims and the pro number (3) and the freight itself. That way when questions come your way on unusual freight a picture, a pro, and written dims on the BOL and on the freight, shows you have done a professional job. Doing this keeps everyone in check. Just watch their eyes go wide open, and their mouth go shut when you are packing the proof, they will go on to some one else when they know you are the one with the proof!!!

I hope your joking, this could become standard procedure!

If I would have done all that my dispatcher would have been all over my azz because of low production numbers!

Since I've been here, that's one thing I have never heard one time is "work faster" or get higher production numbers or your not getting enough done. Unless you count more cube as higher production but as far as to speed up on anything I haven't heard them tell anyone that. Knock On Wood............ knock, knock, knock.

Since I've been here, that's one thing I have never heard one time is "work faster" or get higher production numbers or your not getting enough done. Unless you count more cube as higher production but as far as to speed up on anything I haven't heard them tell anyone that. Knock On Wood............ knock, knock, knock.

Oh they worshipped the numbers at the yard I worked at. That was the only thing that mattered. Nothing we did was good enough, and if you killed it in the street, don't expect an atta boy, just more work tomorrow than today.

come work where I do..We have an FOS who runs around yelling and he'll call your ass out on the intercom..lol