R&L | New Terminal In Sanger Texas.

Thats what happens they play favorites. Guys got tired of it
There is a lot to the dysfunction in Sanger. Terminal manager allows some drivers to pick and choose. That led to the dispatcher's termination. Now they have a dock worker learning dispatch. Eventually he's going to get fed up with certain drivers telling him how to do his job. It's only been open for a year. Eventually the TM will realize what he's allowed to happen.

There is a lot to the dysfunction in Sanger. Terminal manager allows some drivers to pick and choose. That led to the dispatcher's termination. Now they have a dock worker learning dispatch. Eventually he's going to get fed up with certain drivers telling him how to do his job. It's only been open for a year. Eventually the TM will realize what he's allowed to happen.
pick and choose goes with seniority if you have a peddle run it’s yours and you don’t get to choose but if your a floater and at the top the choice is yours it’s that way for a reason you’ve earned it this is from the big house I’ve been down this road .

pick and choose goes with seniority if you have a peddle run it’s yours and you don’t get to choose but if your a floater and at the top the choice is yours it’s that way for a reason you’ve earned it this is from the big house I’ve been down this road .
I now have a peddle run that takes me on a 300 mile radius everyday.Most days it’s no complaints.

Thats what happens they play favorites. Guys got tired of it
Man, I hear ya there! I spent a lot of years at ABF...went through two TM’s in that time. BOTH of them let the ‘route supervisor’ do his own thing. He answered by giving himself the gravy routes, and crapped all over a few guys who had seniority. He was the #1 guy, him and #2 picked their routes, but nobody else, even with seniority, could pick theirs. He played favorites too. A couple of guys at or near the bottom had their heads pretty far up his colon...pretty obvious what was happening. I called his ass out on a few things when he first took over the position, and he didn’t like that. From then on, it was a miserable atmosphere. Couple that with the fact he was our ‘shop steward’ (in name only), and you’ve got a big morale problem. Both TM’s were ‘hands off’ guys and had zero operations experience anyway, so that added to the misery. Good luck, fellas...I hope you’re all safe and healthy!

I'm not sure which terminal you're at but seniority at R+L doesn't mean squat

Oh since I'm thinking about your input most of the real worker's in here....who bring it every day....without complaining.....and maybe you're one of us....we could probably get anything available if we wanted it. Over the years I have been offered early....long...short...bulk...5 am 530 literally tell me to choose......even after 2 years here. .....Its been a while but all I wanted was docks and 9 to 530.....an occasional swap if asked...I've just done what's asked without complaining. Actually what's more important to me is the respect they show me. Honestly though seniority gets you a little medallion says 12 years and a thank you. Other than that your reputation is the key. Hard work and never complain will probably put you where you like to be. I've turned down more 12 hour days than I can remember. If your peddle run fits enjoy it. That's what matters.

Oh since I'm thinking about your input most of the real worker's in here....who bring it every day....without complaining.....and maybe you're one of us....we could probably get anything available if we wanted it. Over the years I have been offered early....long...short...bulk...5 am 530 literally tell me to choose......even after 2 years here. .....Its been a while but all I wanted was docks and 9 to 530.....an occasional swap if asked...I've just done what's asked without complaining. Actually what's more important to me is the respect they show me. Honestly though seniority gets you a little medallion says 12 years and a thank you. Other than that your reputation is the key. Hard work and never complain will probably put you where you like to be. I've turned down more 12 hour days than I can remember. If your peddle run fits enjoy it. That's what matters.
At NOR, hard work only got you more work. They have so many slackers it's not funny. One guy took over a peddle run of Fremont Ohio which was fairly dense at the time, 14-18 deliveries and one to two trailers of pickups. He said , and I quote, "that's too much, Im going to have to get this down to about 8 or 9 stops". Six months later he had ticked off enough people that it was down to about that. Similar decline on outbound. This was about five years ago. He has since moved to another route and did a similar thing. I could name 10 employees out of 120 city drivers that have been kicked out or banned from multiple businesses. They don't get punished and others are made to pick up their slack to cover places that have banned them.

At NOR, hard work only got you more work. They have so many slackers it's not funny. One guy took over a peddle run of Fremont Ohio which was fairly dense at the time, 14-18 deliveries and one to two trailers of pickups. He said , and I quote, "that's too much, Im going to have to get this down to about 8 or 9 stops". Six months later he had ticked off enough people that it was down to about that. Similar decline on outbound. This was about five years ago. He has since moved to another route and did a similar thing. I could name 10 employees out of 120 city drivers that have been kicked out or banned from multiple businesses. They don't get punished and others are made to pick up their slack to cover places that have banned them.
Check this out. Check this out. When I 1st started a driver says to me if they give me 10 deliveries in Fort Worth I bring back 5. I said huh? He says if I bring back 5 every day they will finally put me in Dallas. I laughed. He continued like that for 3 or 4 weeks until finally they gave him a bulk one stop delivery in Garland and he had that one stopper every day for 7 years. Then we had a new commander in chief take over. Things have changed after all these years.

Check this out. Check this out. When I 1st started a driver says to me if they give me 10 deliveries in Fort Worth I bring back 5. I said huh? He says if I bring back 5 every day they will finally put me in Dallas. I laughed. He continued like that for 3 or 4 weeks until finally they gave him a bulk one stop delivery in Garland and he had that one stopper every day for 7 years. Then we had a new commander in chief take over. Things have changed after all these years.
Kinda funny how bringing in a new TM can shed some light on the slackers! As they say: Young minds bring fresh ideas (sometimes). Oppositely, those young ‘hot-heads’ can cause problems too. The TM’s that I worked under at ABF were hands-off guys to the max...let the dock ‘super’ run the show, which turned him into a self-serving dick.

How the hell do people like that keep their jobs???

Hearing still not enough P+D drivers in SGR. Even though 850-1000 bills being picked up they are consistently leaving a lot of freight on the streets. New dispatcher has taken a long time to pick up the job and is still making poor decisions. 1 driver in particular causing a lot of issues other drivers starting to pickup his poor attitude and work ethic.

Hearing still not enough P+D drivers in SGR. Even though 850-1000 bills being picked up they are consistently leaving a lot of freight on the streets. New dispatcher has taken a long time to pick up the job and is still making poor decisions. 1 driver in particular causing a lot of issues other drivers starting to pickup his poor attitude and work ethic.
Then get rid of his ass already

What kinda corporate rat are you if yer toleratin that crap?