XPO | No Work ,no Freight

I have a hard time believing that we are well liked. In addition to the loss of Amazon, class action lawsuits, poor performance in Europe, 2018 was a record breaking year for freight damage.

We have lost as absurd amount of freight to damages. Also, customers are getting tired of one skid showing up today, three tomorrow and the last one coming next week and looking like it was used as an obstacle in a monster truck event. Linehaul insisting on numbers that just don't work leads to some impressive stupidity with the freight. The scan it on and put it in another trailer phenomena is magnifying. And this also leads to more cluttered routes and wasted time in the city for having to return to the same customer several times just to complete one shipment.

OH damm you caught me. That right a whole bunch of us left last night on empties went to another barn and pickup there loads all while they sat guys at home. The we all got to the FAC and the told us to take empties and go to another barn and pickup there freight and bring it back to the FAC. So they could sit even more guys. Then when we got there they hand us all via's so we had to cover the freight for the guys that they let sit. Nothing like a 600 mile night. LOL

How do you like that reply????
I just answer the man question with what was happening in my area.

This has been going on in our area for years. They keep the smaller barns working with bigger barns freight. Run empty into the big barn to pick freight for the FAC and then pull freight out heading to a big barn to return to home barn empty. We would have many more runs a night if we were allowed to pull our own freight.

600 mile night is a glorious thing. Big money for you. It is not your job to refuse a run so that another driver would run. We are all grownups here and if this job is not working out for those sitting home then they should find another job. You have to provide for you and yours and 600 mile nights will do that quite well. Let the others worry about their job. I run every day and don't worry about those that don't. That is not mine or your job to do.
This has been going on in our area for years. They keep the smaller barns working with bigger barns freight. Run empty into the big barn to pick freight for the FAC and then pull freight out heading to a big barn to return to home barn empty. We would have many more runs a night if we were allowed to pull our own freight.
I sure hope you both know that they was tons of sarcasm in my post. All 12 guys above me could quit and I still wouldn't see a 600mile night. Only the special ones at XAY get that kind of mileage. I just a traveling dockworker that drivers a Tractor Trailer to and from work everyday

I sure hope you both know that they was tons of sarcasm in my post. All 12 guys above me could quit and I still wouldn't see a 600mile night. Only the special ones at XAY get that kind of mileage. I just a traveling dockworker that drivers a Tractor Trailer to and from work everyday

I sure hope you know there was zero sarcasm in my post. We outsource our freight to drivers from other terminals every night.

Loading more longboxes everyday, management brags about the money the company makes sending out on sub service companies vans. Then why don’t they give it all to CR England, CRST and the rest.

They are getting a lot more distance runs set up as well. Skipping many terminals along the way. Which we have always said make pures and avoid handling the freight. Damages will go down immediately. So, it's good in a way.

I am curious about the scheduling. That was the biggest issue last big push on sub vans. These guys showing up day or two late and at 05:30 for the FAC.

Move on down to the south....you'll get 10 a day, then they'll send you home.
We are busier than ever at Central. Setting records each months for bill count. Any drivers looking to make the switch most terminals are hiring for both city and road. Michigan starting rate is 23.50 top rate is 28.50. Road drivers are all clearing 70-100k

I didn't want to be rude. His intentions are good. XPO is in a bad way and his company is growing and looking for drivers. But I think I would rather work at Wal-Mart. No one I talk to that works for Central is saying it's a good job to have.

I just couldn’t help myself... anyone that would actually recommend CT to anyone has a few screws loose.

I didn't want to be rude. His intentions are good. XPO is in a bad way and his company is growing and looking for drivers. But I think I would rather work at Wal-Mart. No one I talk to that works for Central is saying it's a good job to have.
You can just look at their fleet of trailers and see that.

You guys
You can just look at their fleet of trailers and see that.
Can say what you want but we ha
Think what you want! And Walmart is always hiring so your in luck. You guys at XPO are in for a huge surprise.