ABF | Not Much Going On Right Now?

My grocery store has single roll scott 1000 for only 4.49 and 6 roll bounty towels 15 buck,its a union store called jewel in chicago so i know some of that goes to the workers
maple leaves do a fairly good job..as well as large post oak leaves..however, you do have to use a little more hand soap (hey, I use the old LAVA bar--not as expensive as the perfumed hand soap in a bottle) and if you are a little thrifty on the hand sanitizer, it ain't too bad...now, what happened to the old Sears & Roebuck catalogues? Now that was a good source back in the day... of course, nowadays, we have "designer" toilet paper..quilted with 3-4 layers..oh well..

Last edited:
I loved that big book endless pages of socket sets , a go cart and mini bike section to put the fear of god into my parents and when i was a preteen a womans section to share with curious others

yeah, me too! I enjoyed the lingerie section...made quite an impression on a young lad!

One of my neighbors in my preteen years was a photographer. He used to get different photography trade magazines. My buddies and I would look through his trash barrel and gleefully examine some of the artsy photos in those magazines. This was in the years before Playboy magazine of course.

I went to public school , our lady of perpetual misery was 2 blocks away , the catholic school kids would be on our playground 45 minutes before we would get out , so much for the misery
Our school was: ‘Our Lady of Great Agony’ and ‘Our Lady of Perpetual Motion’. Fun times! Somewhere between 4th & 5th grade, the Nuns were able to shed their Habits (no, not THOSE habits)...never realized they actually had a good head of hair under there! Ahhh, yes...First Communion, Penance (Confession), Confirmation, etc. Despite the ‘Holy Orders’ I think I sealed my eternal fate during those days. My eternal seat awaits me, and I won’t need a jacket! No worries though, plenty of my Italian relatives will join me. That is, once they’re out federal prison.

Happy Easter everyone!!

Our school was: ‘Our Lady of Great Agony’ and ‘Our Lady of Perpetual Motion’. Fun times! Somewhere between 4th & 5th grade, the Nuns were able to shed their Habits (no, not THOSE habits)...never realized they actually had a good head of hair under there! Ahhh, yes...First Communion, Penance (Confession), Confirmation, etc. Despite the ‘Holy Orders’ I think I sealed my eternal fate during those days. My eternal seat awaits me, and I won’t need a jacket! No worries though, plenty of my Italian relatives will join me. That is, once they’re out federal prison.

Happy Easter everyone!!
would Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. & Sr. be in that bunch? The Godfather? Jackie Presser?

would Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. & Sr. be in that bunch? The Godfather? Jackie Presser?
Just MHO, while I don't agree with how he got there. I think SR might head up for all the good he did for the teamsters. Now there's no doubt in my mind, when the time comes, Jr is going straight to hell for how he screwed the teamsters and every non-union that , used to follow the union's lead.

Just MHO, while I don't agree with how he got there. I think SR might head up for all the good he did for the teamsters. Now there's no doubt in my mind, when the time comes, Jr is going straight to hell for how he screwed the teamsters and every non-union that , used to follow the union's lead.
Agree, wheelman. Jimmy Sr.’s soul is already ‘up’...it’s the body that remains the mystery.

yeah, me too! I enjoyed the lingerie section...made quite an impression on a young lad!
Between the panty & tools section of this catalogue, and basing my question on other uses of the 'rag', how did you ever get anything ordered? After awhile you could not use the catalogue for ordering. Did they stop printing it because of excessive problems in the local water treatment plant?

Between the panty & tools section of this catalogue, and basing my question on other uses of the 'rag', how did you ever get anything ordered? After awhile you could not use the catalogue for ordering. Did they stop printing it because of excessive problems in the local water treatment plant?

My memory is of using catalogs & newspaper in outhouses. Either would be difficult to get through sewer lines.

My memory is of using catalogs & newspaper in outhouses. Either would be difficult to get through sewer lines.
Hey...the song above..with that "little brown shack" you didn't clog any sewer lines..
By the way, I haven't heard from canaryinthemine in a few days...

Where in the world did you get the idea that outhouses were connected to sewer lines?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outhouse