ABF | Not Much Going On Right Now?

Where in the world did you get the idea that outhouses were connected to sewer lines?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outhouse
I didn't. My thought is when the OH becomes too full, you call for pump out truck. Then the waste in the truck is dumped in to a sewer that is then processed by the local water company. Might not be a direct connection, but I bet the do do product makes it to water filtration plant. Your toilet @ home is hooked to city sewer, or a septic tank in the yard. Eventually resulting in said OH waste making it to the local sewer outfit. Granted, not a direct pipeline, but it does make it. To much? von.

I didn't. My thought is when the OH becomes too full, you call for pump out truck. Then the waste in the truck is dumped in to a sewer that is then processed by the local water company. Might not be a direct connection, but I bet the do do product makes it to water filtration plant. Your toilet @ home is hooked to city sewer, or a septic tank in the yard. Eventually resulting in said OH waste making it to the local sewer outfit. Granted, not a direct pipeline, but it does make it. To much? von.

The military outhouses had a cutoff barrel under the outhouse to collect 'waste'. When I was overseas those who 'messed up' were punished by being assigned to burning the contents of the barrels.

Hey...the song above..with that "little brown shack" you didn't clog any sewer lines..
By the way, I haven't heard from canaryinthemine in a few days...

Oh,....I'm here,.......Just pondering the OutHouse question,...and trying to proceed with Taste and Clarity,.......

Here in W. Penna,......everything is built on a hill, or over a ravine.......The term "two-story outhouse" probably evolved here,..or in the tonier sections of W. ByGod............
....and since there are many abandoned mineshafts around here,....it all depends on,...how deep you dig the....hole.

I suspect all of W. Penna. is actually floating.........

Good thing that W. ByGod is.......downstream......

Oh,....I'm here,.......Just pondering the OutHouse question,...and trying to proceed with Taste and Clarity,.......

Here in W. Penna,......everything is built on a hill, or over a ravine.......The term "two-story outhouse" probably evolved here,..or in the tonier sections of W. ByGod............
....and since there are many abandoned mineshafts around here,....it all depends on,...how deep you dig the....hole.

I suspect all of W. Penna. is actually floating.........

Good thing that W. ByGod is.......downstream......
Good thing, ya don't have to spend money to pump it out. Gravity & nature does it all. I hear there is a large underground mine in PA that has been burning for years. Hopefully the Outhouse Waste in that area doesn't leach in to the fire. It would give a whole new meaning to the word aromatique. von.

Good thing, ya don't have to spend money to pump it out. Gravity & nature does it all. I hear there is a large underground mine in PA that has been burning for years. Hopefully the Outhouse Waste in that area doesn't leach in to the fire. It would give a whole new meaning to the word aromatique. von.
The sad part is a-holes who just couldn't social distance, started showing up in groves to Centralia(town on fire)on the first warm day after the state shut down. The mine that owns the land now, last week started dumping dirt on the road and planting trees and grass, ect. and letting it go back to nature. So all the budding artist who painted, caulked the old road, making it a great place to hike, ride bikes in a quiet place, is now gone

The sad part is a-holes who just couldn't social distance, started showing up in groves to Centralia(town on fire)on the first warm day after the state shut down. The mine that owns the land now, last week started dumping dirt on the road and planting trees and grass, ect. and letting it go back to nature. So all the budding artist who painted, caulked the old road, making it a great place to hike, ride bikes in a quiet place, is now gone
History is replete with instances of the few ruining things for the many with careless actions. A ‘similar’ (albeit smaller and more insignificant in scale) thing happened to me (us) several decades ago while working for a beverage distributor. One particular major grocery store in town had their floors waxed and buffed overnight to a pristine state, only for some dummy from another company the following morning to come along and drag his pallet jack....with a ‘dead’ wheel (due to a nail stuck in it)...across the store’s floor to the beer cooler creating Grand Canyon 2 in the newly buffed floor! So, you guessed it...INSTANT moratorium on pallet jack usage in the retail area, causing the REST of us to have to hand truck the equivalent of 4-5 full pallets of beverage clear across the store! I’m not kidding when I say the cooler was at the geographical opposite end of the store from the receiving area!!

I’ve Googled that Pennsylvania road a few times out of my own curiosity. I’m sad that landmark will soon be gone...only by the fault of a few idiots.

History is replete with instances of the few ruining things for the many with careless actions. A ‘similar’ (albeit smaller and more insignificant in scale) thing happened to me (us) several decades ago while working for a beverage distributor. One particular major grocery store in town had their floors waxed and buffed overnight to a pristine state, only for some dummy from another company the following morning to come along and drag his pallet jack....with a ‘dead’ wheel (due to a nail stuck in it)...across the store’s floor to the beer cooler creating Grand Canyon 2 in the newly buffed floor! So, you guessed it...INSTANT moratorium on pallet jack usage in the retail area, causing the REST of us to have to hand truck the equivalent of 4-5 full pallets of beverage clear across the store! I’m not kidding when I say the cooler was at the geographical opposite end of the store from the receiving area!!

I’ve Googled that Pennsylvania road a few times out of my own curiosity. I’m sad that landmark will soon be gone...only by the fault of a few idiots.
Well having run for a grocery warehouse for 17 yrs, I can feel your pain. Two things store designers always forget or just don't care ( i think the ladder) is backroom space and even more important is how to get rigs around and to the docks

ok...retirement blues...stay @ home blues....good thing we have Trucking Boards to keep up with the industry and stay in touch with our friends..BTW, the facemask is being used per request of Gov. Cuomo.

A scary thought about facemasks..they are probably a part of our future for a while.
Will that make it easier for crooks to proceed with their dealings? A good disguise if they need it and won't be even given a second thought or questioned?

ok...retirement blues...stay @ home blues....good thing we have Trucking Boards to keep up with the industry and stay in touch with our friends..BTW, the facemask is being used per request of Gov. Cuomo.

A scary thought about facemasks..they are probably a part of our future for a while.
Will that make it easier for crooks to proceed with their dealings? A good disguise if they need it and won't be even given a second thought or questioned?

The upside is that it gives ugly people a free pass........not that I would know......

How young?........I mean, at a certain age,.......all babies look like Dwight Eisenhower........
I am not sure if I will EVER eat @ a Chinese restaurant again...I cringe when I see a Vietnamise quisine place, Made in Viet Nam Label (no thanks..will not buy at any price ) or see the advertisements for the "beach front" villas on the VN coast.
Had my fill of that in the late 60's , early 70's....China is going to enter that realm with me! Still, the old Glen Campbell classic.." I clean my gun, and dream of Galveston"!
Love that song...very sentimental and true

Last edited:
I am not sure if I will EVER eat @ a Chinese restaurant again...I cringe when I see a Vietnamise quisine place, Made in Viet Nam Label (no thanks..will not buy at any price ) or see the advertisements for the "beach front" villas on the VN coast.
Had my fill of that in the late 60's , early 70's....China is going to enter that realm with me! Still, the old Glen Campbell classic.." I clean my gun, and dream of Galveston"!

in 1998,....Phil Knight, the CEO of Nike Athletic,....was fined by the government of Viet Nam, for failure to pay the minimum wage of.....$45 a month(!) to the workers in his shoe factories.
In 1998, Nike Athletic Shoes signed a multi-million dollar contract with Michael Jordan to promote those shoes. The deal was worth $130 million in 2019,....Mr. Jordan has made probably close to a billion since 1998, off this deal......

There will never be Nike Shoes or shirts in my house,....Not because they're Made in Viet Nam,........But because billionaires are cheating working people,......and making billions in the process........

My Dad served in the Pacific during WWII,.......when he saw Toyotas being sold in America,...he just shook his head. He went ballistic when he saw Mitsubishi's.......
My Uncle was in the Battle of the Bulge,...........He almost threw my cousin out of the house, when he came home from college with a VW van......

Big Business trumps Patriotism......Every time........

in 1998,....Phil Knight, the CEO of Nike Athletic,....was fined by the government of Viet Nam, for failure to pay the minimum wage of.....$45 a month(!) to the workers in his shoe factories.
In 1998, Nike Athletic Shoes signed a multi-million dollar contract with Michael Jordan to promote those shoes. The deal was worth $130 million in 2019,....Mr. Jordan has made probably close to a billion since 1998, off this deal......

There will never be Nike Shoes or shirts in my house,....Not because they're Made in Viet Nam,........But because billionaires are cheating working people,......and making billions in the process........

My Dad served in the Pacific during WWII,.......when he saw Toyotas being sold in America,...he just shook his head. He went ballistic when he saw Mitsubishi's.......
My Uncle was in the Battle of the Bulge,...........He almost threw my cousin out of the house, when he came home from college with a VW van......

Big Business trumps Patriotism......Every time........
same sentiments in my family...agree very wholeheartidly with all your comments..

same sentiments in my family...agree very wholeheartidly with all your comments..

They're doing the same thing with China,........without going to war and beating them.....They're skipping that step this time.....

Nothing against the Chinese,......Just against the Big Businesses who use, abuse, and discard any worker who has the temerity to ask for a living wage....
And take advantage of a desperate population flat on their back.......

Apparently Big business does need us American workers after all,.......They need people to buy all that crap made with low wages in other countries.....

As a consolation I have heard that those of who served time/vacationed in the Sunshine Capitol of The Orient may have antibodies of COVID 19 in our system. We survived millions of germs & bullets that were in the air. I still have scars of the sores/boils on my skin.

As a consolation I have heard that those of who served time/vacationed in the Sunshine Capitol of The Orient may have antibodies of COVID 19 in our system. We survived millions of germs & bullets that were in the air. I still have scars of the sores/boils on my skin.

And ....Thank You for your Service, Brother..........

I was in at the same time probably ('71-'73),....and never left Texas and Florida. Never had the Pleasure of an overseas posting.......if "Pleasure" is the right word......

Only Battle I ever fought,...was against the Shore Patrol during Mardi Gras..........and I have a lot of respect for you guys who got the Golden Ticket to Southeast Asia........Moreso than a civilian,....I had a good idea of what you guys had to go through....vicariously, if not actually........

This tread is kinda dead..not much posting since Thursday...Surely it ain't that busy? From what I hear, a bunch of folks aren't working (sales force), but the regular dock and p&d folks are not that busy. Any news? Since ole 6Pak can't go to the watering hole to work on his physique, and no posting from our fellow brothers/sisters, it is kinda boring...so, help me out! Anything to keep me from watching the 24 hr news channels (all of them)...

This tread is kinda dead..not much posting since Thursday...Surely it ain't that busy? From what I hear, a bunch of folks aren't working (sales force), but the regular dock and p&d folks are not that busy. Any news? Since ole 6Pak can't go to the watering hole to work on his physique, and no posting from our fellow brothers/sisters, it is kinda boring...so, help me out! Anything to keep me from watching the 24 hr news channels (all of them)...
Ok, try this. Why are hairdressers never late to work? They know all the shortcuts. How am I doing? von.