Yellow | O’Brien and Mullen

Did O’Brian handle this correctly? NO
Did he act and say childish stuff? YES
Did Yellow blame IBT for its demise? YES
Did Yellow have problems for years? YES
Would YRC survive if SOB was not the president? NO
So in the end result was you had two grown men blaming each other to save face. SOB to show tough guy tactics, and Hawkins to blame the IBT for its history of problems.
I honestly believe had the company wanted to work it out they would have came to table along time ago. But in an effort to survive it would have cost a lot of members jobs and severe downsizing. Let’s face it we all wrote a check for a bad investment and got taken to the cleaners. The reality of it is two IBT members on the board should have stepped up sooner and started demanding changes for investors and members. But guess what Hawkins and crew get paid off and SOB keeps getting paid. 30,000 others have already made life changing adjustments and unfortunately some could not deal with it any more and took matters into their own hands. Can those responsible lay down at night comfortably with that on their conscious?
Dok, there's no answer to your last question. Before you can have it or not have it on your conscience, you have to HAVE a conscience. Do you have reliable and accurate information on how many "took matters into their own hands"? Last number I knew was three; one each in Indiana and Michigan, not sure where the third was.

None of that indicates that Republicans wanted to make unions illegal. Just saying. And where is the link to that info you posted? What is the source of those words?
I am not condoning or showing favor to any political party, as that is each individuals right to decide. And, It is my personal opinion that all politics SUCK-OUT-LOUD at the moment. That being said, EF1’s “source of those words” that you were asking about most likely came from this article in
The Guardian”. I high-lighted the paragraph for you in the article.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/28/us-republican-candidates-2024-unions-uaw

I am not condoning or showing favor to any political party, as that is each individuals right to decide. And, It is my personal opinion that all politics SUCK-OUT-LOUD at the moment. That being said, EF1’s “source of those words” that you were asking about most likely came from this article in
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/28/us-republican-candidates-2024-unions-uaw
I agree with you there...All Politics Suck out loud at the moment. Have an awesome weekend!!!

I have seen both parties give lip service to labor but in the end most politicians favor those who donate to their campaign. The most anti labor legislation ever passed was NAFTA & shortly after, Fast Track. Guess which president signed those into law? Two presidential candidates who were not considered labor friendly were the only ones I remember to speak out against it. Those were Pat Buchanan & Ross Perot. Remember the 'Giant Sucking Sound' statement Perot made about NAFTA?
As for the childish O'Brien/Mullin standoff, neither one accomplished one thing for the working man. If I was grading them I would give both a flat F. Two politicians who have been unapoligetic for labor are Bernie Sanders & Tom Harkin. They both get a big A. (I just deleted my last sentence because this is not a political forum.)

Last edited:
The Guardian has left leaning biasis. Its not a neutral place

I don't mean this to be combative at all, but I would love to know of a neutral place....I have looked for years and I have yet to find one....
Look at what other countries news is saying going on over here. Most of our news is skewered to one or the other. Not real journalist anymore just puppets for the puppet maker. Right now most other countries think we are a joke

I don't mean this to be combative at all, but I would love to know of a neutral place....I have looked for years and I have yet to find one....

I try not to watch to much news. Its down right depressing. Hardly ever do they have a feel good story. Gloom and doom sells i guess. I try to take one day at a time and thats enough for me. I know things are bad, but they are blessings every day. Be thankful for those small blessing like waking up, talking to your spouse or kids,having a roof over your head having something to eat.having a job even it aint the best,having a friend, being able to come on this forum and talk and vent with other drivers of whom we all face the same challenges for the most part, and for God who is with us daily. He never promised life would be easy, but He would walk with us through it. I have had some really bad times where i was at the end of my rope and God gave me hope and showed me blessings that i was taking for granted. Never lose hope.

The Guardian is a far left rag...
Sort of like MSNBC...
How are union employees at Yellow faring with Joe Biden in Office?
Who gave them $700 MILLION to survive???

Actions not leftists opinions are what I look at....

The Guardian is a far left rag...
Sort of like MSNBC...
How are union employees at Yellow faring with Joe Biden in Office?
Who gave them $700 MILLION to survive???

Actions not leftists opinions are what I look at....
I never said it was not left biased!!!
I was simply showing TriPlex where EF1 most likely got the info posted as he had asked for.
And…….the $700 million was still not enough to keep them in business from the hole that Zollars and company put them in from buying other companies with money they did not have at inflated interest rates.
Which is why they tried to pass on that debt to the employees via concessions, then more concessions. And, even that was not enough to save them.
Bottom line………..P*ss Poor Management!!!
What would your reaction have been had it been Biden that gave Yellow the $700 million to survive? Would you then praise him or throw him under the bus for it!!!
As I have already stated, politics at the moment SUCK-OUT-LOUD on both sides of the isles!!!

I never said it was not left biased!!!
I was simply showing TriPlex where EF1 most likely got the info posted as he had asked for.
And…….the $700 million was still not enough to keep them in business from the hole that Zollars and company put them in from buying other companies with money they did not have at inflated interest rates.
Which is why they tried to pass on that debt to the employees via concessions, then more concessions. And, even that was not enough to save them.
Bottom line………..P*ss Poor Management!!!
What would your reaction have been had it been Biden that gave Yellow the $700 million to survive? Would you then praise him or throw him under the bus for it!!!
As I have already stated, politics at the moment SUCK-OUT-LOUD on both sides of the isles!!!

I disagreed with Trump doing it. Crony Capitalism at best. If competitors did not get any government cheese too, then no business should get it.
It is not fair regardless of union status, every LTL struggled during the COVID shut down. Why would only one carrier get a bailout/loan.
At the end of the day, it was simply a band aid on a gaping wound that delayed the inevitable...

I disagreed with Trump doing it. Crony Capitalism at best. If competitors did not get any government cheese too, then no business should get it.
It is not fair regardless of union status, every LTL struggled during the COVID shut down. Why would only one carrier get a bailout/loan.
At the end of the day, it was simply a band aid on a gaping wound that delayed the inevitable...
Then you should also agree that deregulation was not fair to all the companies that paid the required government fees to operate in specific territories while under regulation before 1980. All the new start up companies came in without that added cost and were able to operate anywhere they chose. So, would you not agree the government should have reimbursed all those companies the operating fees that they had to pay over the years before changing the rules and allowing anyone to get in the business? Would that not be considered as getting an advantage over your competitor or “government cheese” as you put it?