ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see how great that union is every time I see a miserable yellow or elusive tforce driver at a dock,,,.. goin strong no thanks,,, get out of here with that talk… this topic on what our company is doing,, don’t need your unions to make things worse

I see how great that union is every time I see a miserable yellow or elusive tforce driver at a dock,,,.. goin strong no thanks,,, get out of here with that talk… this topic on what our company is doing,, don’t need your unions to make things worse
Billy,Billy,Billy as long as he rubs the top of your head it’s ok….

But on the other side of this coin I don't prefer massive power in the hands of a very few.
Od Boise Spokane overfilled with former reddaway long time drivers wanting nothing to do with their union,, quit shoving that garbage down our throats,,,
Billy it doesn’t seem like your terminals are filled with anyone, the superstar trucking company it once was is now no different than any other. This is just the tip of the iceberg, you’re going to see how the family company is when they don’t make the money they once did. In my area they laid off 2 dock workers 1 linehaul & a supervisor the Indians are not happy, drivers are now being pushed back to the dock….

But on the other side of this coin I don't prefer massive power in the hands of a very few.
And exactly how many hands is it in now?
To do as they please, when they please, to whomever they please with no seniority involved.
It'll be ok as long as you guys keep bragging about that awesome O.R. they get from you.
maybe you can help them get it into the 50's if you'll let them lay off some of those old geezers with 25 years in first?

I resent being called a old geezer. Oh well, I better get up, mama is making breakfast before she goes out to play with the horses and I’m going to be looking for some new fishing gear. Go ahead people and move that freight. Us old drivers will be trying to figure out our next stream or river to drop a line in.

I don't believe anybody waa shoving anything down your throat....someone mentioned how layoffs didn't go by seniority, which no matter if you like the union or not is wrong...
Layoff here went by seniority also,, one of you hear a guy gets let go with 30 years with the company but missed the part he says he just transferred to a different terminal a month before that,,, layoffs went from bottom up,, so go back to begging taxi school bus and taco truck drivers to join your club bc that’s bout all u gots left

And exactly how many hands is it in now?
To do as they please, when they please, to whomever they please with no seniority involved.
It'll be ok as long as you guys keep bragging about that awesome O.R. they get from you.
maybe you can help them get it into the 50's if you'll let them lay off some of those old geezers with 25 years in first?
If that guy with 25 years don’t transfer he should be a o k as was many old timers,,, fair is fair you transfer you take a risk. You go to bottom of board,,, sucks life but what it is

Billy it doesn’t seem like your terminals are filled with anyone, the superstar trucking company it once was is now no different than any other. This is just the tip of the iceberg, you’re going to see how the family company is when they don’t make the money they once did. In my area they laid off 2 dock workers 1 linehaul & a supervisor the Indians are not happy, drivers are now being pushed back to the dock….
Driver I been saying this forever but then some day time high brass line driver goes and tells everyone the waters fine and I’m full of it but look where we are now!!!

Back to the topic at hand..... It's been a week since the lay offs and I can say that in my region it didn't make a damn difference even though bunch of people were let go. I guess we'll have to wait another week or two maybe a month and probably get ready for OD 2.0 round of firings
Next round Johnny they going by productivity,, get ready there’s round 2 when this ain’t workin

Layoff here went by seniority also,, one of you hear a guy gets let go with 30 years with the company but missed the part he says he just transferred to a different terminal a month before that,,, layoffs went from bottom up,, so go back to begging taxi school bus and taco truck drivers to join your club bc that’s bout all u gots left
Just curious, what kind of return from layoff policy does OD have. Do you get to return from layoff when business picks up again to the seniority spot you held before you were laid off? Or do you get kicked to the curb starting over as if you never worked for OD? It would suck to lose your vacation progression, top pay, and seniority you previously held before you were laid off and kicked to the curb. So yeah, I think I will go ahead and keep my seniority, pay scale, vacation progression, and everything else that comes with an actual contract and not just assume my employer will take care of me because “I am family”. And just so you know, if I get laid off, my spot is retained for me for up to five (5) years by contract before they take me off the books as an “employee”.
So, driving a “Taco truck, School bus, or Taxi” does have its benefits!!!

Can't have a powerful union if everyone refuses to join the union.
You can't have a union when the parking lot of drivers personal vehicle is full of $1,000 monthly payments on that vehicle plus the Harley and House payment. They will say they can't afford to go on strike. My fear is all of the new people that will vote YES to ANYTHING that the company proposes and then after a couple of months seeing how the new contract is a disaster decide to walk away from their 35 months of seniority.

Just curious, what kind of return from layoff policy does OD have. Do you get to return from layoff when business picks up again to the seniority spot you held before you were laid off? Or do you get kicked to the curb starting over as if you never worked for OD? It would suck to lose your vacation progression, top pay, and seniority you previously held before you were laid off and kicked to the curb. So yeah, I think I will go ahead and keep my seniority, pay scale, vacation progression, and everything else that comes with an actual contract and not just assume my employer will take care of me because “I am family”. And just so you know, if I get laid off, my spot is retained for me for up to five (5) years by contract before they take me off the books as an “employee”.
So, driving a “Taco truck, School bus, or Taxi” does have its benefits!!!
If you’re kicked to curb on lay off you most likely never had a good run to begin with and won’t when you return,,, you guys know the rules,, keep your union’s that support the liberals destroying this country on other pages. This post been about job loss around the country with our company you don’t work for.

You can't have a union when the parking lot of drivers personal vehicle is full of $1,000 monthly payments on that vehicle plus the Harley and House payment. They will say they can't afford to go on strike. My fear is all of the new people that will vote YES to ANYTHING that the company proposes and then after a couple of months seeing how the new contract is a disaster decide to walk away from their 35 months of seniority.
We enjoy our nice things,, I got a nice boat too and bought a new truck recently in cash with my non union job at Od to pull it to the bay,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.