ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in all seriousness... What is the point of sticking around at OD if they're just going to play favorites regardless of seniority? If you've got ten years in, I don't think you should lose your job to the dispatcher's charasmatic nephew. Call me crazy.
Like my dear deeply missed friend (not passed away just doesn't post on TB anymore) Canaryinthemine used to say....."many people don't believe they need representation until after they have been fired or right after retirement ".......Sorry about that I try not to post union stuff on other (non union) forums unless it is a union thread

Smoke, in my terminal we in line rarely were passed down information. But when we were called in to receive counseling or possibly a letter, they said that it was in the memo. What memo? The one in our office mailbox. The only thing that was in my mailbox was cobwebs.
Communication is a key element for a company to run smoothly and efficiently. It’s severely lacking. Another thing, years ago companies hired from within. The best dispatchers have always been former drivers. Now you need a college degree in basket weaving.
where i used to work, my dispatcher was hired because he knew how to throw darts

But in all seriousness... What is the point of sticking around at OD if they're just going to play favorites regardless of seniority? If you've got ten years in, I don't think you should lose your job to the dispatcher's charasmatic nephew. Call me crazy.
You signed into an agreement to terminated at will, your employer is complying with their part of the agreement.

Like my dear deeply missed friend (not passed away just doesn't post on TB anymore) Canaryinthemine used to say....."many people don't believe they need representation until after they have been fired or right after retirement ".......Sorry about that I try not to post union stuff on other (non union) forums unless it is a union thread
Miss Canaryinthemine too. He is a sharp man.

Unfortunately things are not what they once were. Long gone are the days when companies loved to have employees with knowledge, job performance, and dedication to the company. Now you have substandard employees that wreck trucks, tear down power lines, tear up trailers, poor job performance, and yet they get ALL the Service 2.0 awards. Go figure. I just do my job and go home, don’t say nothing to nobody, just glad to have health insurance.

Unfortunately things are not what they once were. Long gone are the days when companies loved to have employees with knowledge, job performance, and dedication to the company. Now you have substandard employees that wreck trucks, tear down power lines, tear up trailers, poor job performance, and yet they get ALL the Service 2.0 awards. Go figure. I just do my job and go home, don’t say nothing to nobody, just glad to have health insurance.
Although I do agree with almost everything you said power lines cable tree limbs ect. Are a real problem for city drivers….

Can't say it any better

Status
Not open for further replies.