ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to this fact
Funny thing is back when I started this website people were wary to sign up because people thought I was collecting names somehow to report back to companies, Now people will go on Facebook and plaster their names all over any content or opinion they have and somebody somewhere has a folder with their name and data on people for decades. I am on FB but I don't discuss my business on there and don't even have my employer listed in my profile.

Funny thing is back when I started this website people were wary to sign up because people thought I was collecting names somehow to report back to companies, Now people will go on Facebook and plaster their names all over any content or opinion they have and somebody somewhere has a folder with their name and data on people for decades. I am on FB but I don't discuss my business on there and don't even have my employer listed in my profile.

Right! We've had idiots that's been fired. Taking videos while they were driving then posting. Threats to beat up another driver, supervisor etc.
When my wife interviews someone, she'll go on their fb page and look around and see what's she's getting before making a final decision. It's a different world now

Useless management that I have known in my life have nothing better to do but surf social media sites to see who they need to prosecute because the truth about some debauchery at a terminal or company was said . I can tell you I had a TM threaten me once and I told him he will be fired before me and was . Plenty more drunk , stalker fat pigs that need to get fired also . BTW , he was . Trucking would be in a better place if some of the info drivers know was actually brought to the table to be heard by people that care .

Useless management that I have known in my life have nothing better to do but surf social media sites to see who they need to prosecute because the truth about some debauchery at a terminal or company was said . I can tell you I had a TM threaten me once and I told him he will be fired before me and was . Plenty more drunk , stalker fat pigs that need to get fired also . BTW , he was . Trucking would be in a better place if some of the info drivers know was actually brought to the table to be heard by people that care .
Smoke, in my terminal we in line rarely were passed down information. But when we were called in to receive counseling or possibly a letter, they said that it was in the memo. What memo? The one in our office mailbox. The only thing that was in my mailbox was cobwebs.
Communication is a key element for a company to run smoothly and efficiently. It’s severely lacking. Another thing, years ago companies hired from within. The best dispatchers have always been former drivers. Now you need a college degree in basket weaving.

Even just posting in general on FB I limit my pictures. No logos if I can help it. Or no equipment numbers.

But haven't done that for awhile. And I belong to a couple LTL groups but not any OD groups.

Just not sure about it.

They can find you either way if they want to. Someone up the foodchain was really the whole technology/ social media thing. Maybe GG. So I wouldn't be surprised if they monitor posts in some way.

I did a Stewards conference a few years ago. We spent all but a day on this subject.
While it pertained to Company members covered by a contract it still applies pretty much across the board.
Somewhere in the terms of Conduct there is a statement that pertains to public image and conduct on social media and there isn't much wiggle room in grieving it. It is a termination offense and while difficult to prove it was "malicious, if it is proved it is really hard to beat. It seems a single post in the heat of the moment might not result in severe discipline, a pattern of "malicious" posts will bring on the heat. This seems to require tons of work by the Company and only appear to target some real viscous, or security, or personal posts.
The policy never stopped me nor should stop y'all from expressing what you want taking care not to slander, defame or cast in a poor light the Company.
Big Brother is there, and that should scare the crap outta ya'.

I seen fbn many time over they year,,.. wanted to say hi but cannot blow my cover after all I say on tb,,

Speakin of lh dispatch only can u quit then come back to run the dispatch while crying all day on fb on someone who not president no more,,, that’s our dispatch

Smoke, in my terminal we in line rarely were passed down information. But when we were called in to receive counseling or possibly a letter, they said that it was in the memo. What memo? The one in our office mailbox. The only thing that was in my mailbox was cobwebs.
Communication is a key element for a company to run smoothly and efficiently. It’s severely lacking. Another thing, years ago companies hired from within. The best dispatchers have always been former drivers. Now you need a college degree in basket weaving.
Fly were you a Oregon Nite Crawler?

Ever for ONC like in your avatar?
No not me, but my uncle worked for them, another uncle pulled for System 99, another uncle pulled for PIE, my Dad pulled for United Grocers, my Grandfather was Transportation Superintendent for United Grocers, my brother is retiring from Fred Meyers the end of December. A long line of truck drivers in the family.
I started working at United Grocers at 13. Washing their 2 semi’s and 2 straight trucks by bucket, hose and brush every other Saturday.

I am not on any other social media site. can not stand the amount of personal information those sites can steal from you just by signing up

Status
Not open for further replies.