ODFL | Od laying off nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been through 2 layoffs. OD from what I have heard opens up the files. Any negative marks, incidences, accidents, attitude, weather related call offs, you know the story. If you can walk across the water you’re safe, hopefully. Another thing to consider is the 20 year seniority is more expensive to employ than some 25 year old, know it all that doesn’t have the vacation, bonuses and top pay. Another thing, there’s no layoff at OD. You’re let go. Then when things pickup again you could be considered as a rehire. The bottom of the board. Basically starting fresh again.
If this isn't the perfect recipe to organize into the Teamsters I don't know what is . This is unheard of in a union terminal .I will probably get a lot of flack but it seems that the nonunion guys rather be kicked around than try and do something about it .

negative.. nothing is blocked but go ahead and put your name on a facebook page and see what happens if you post something negative.
Yeah I did. I posted the truth and if it gets me fired I don't give a damn. I'm ready to leave. Been preparing for months. Nothing I have posted is offensive or overly negative. It's obvious they are trying to keep a lid on these terminations. So many company simps on the FB page it's disgusting.

Yeah I did. I posted the truth and if it gets me fired I don't give a damn. I'm ready to leave. Been preparing for months. Nothing I have posted is offensive or overly negative. It's obvious they are trying to keep a lid on these terminations. So many company simps on the FB page it's disgusting.
good luck to you , I know nothing of those FB pages but I do know the only way anyone knows your name here is if you make it obvious.

good luck to you , I know nothing of those FB pages but I do know the only way anyone knows your name here is if you make it obvious.
They probably put 2 and 2 together with me, but Jeff I really didn’t care. Some of management placated me because they knew of my temper and that I wasn’t scared to go to the top. Now that I am retired I really won’t hold back. People like myself and Billy know of a lot of stuff hidden under the carpet. Especially how differently terminals are ran with different rules. What happened to the corporate issued handbook?

They probably put 2 and 2 together with me, but Jeff I really didn’t care. Some of management placated me because they knew of my temper and that I wasn’t scared to go to the top. Now that I am retired I really won’t hold back. People like myself and Billy know of a lot of stuff hidden under the carpet. Especially how differently terminals are ran with different rules. What happened to the corporate issued handbook?
I heard Billy promised to let you keep one of his Mastio awards on your mantle if you got him your parking place at the Do Drop Inn.

Must be lost under that big stack of manifest all over DB’s desk..,,, sure be sad when he retire next

Status
Not open for further replies.