FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so ya know the kinds of violations, most likely to be found.

2019 Roadcheck Nabs 17.9% of Vehicles and 4.2% of Drivers

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/2019-roadcheck-nabs-179-vehicles-and-42-drivers

"The five most common vehicle violations detected by inspectors were for braking systems (4,578 or 28% of total out-of-service violations), tires and wheels (3,156 or 19.3%), brake adjustment (2,801 or 17.1%), cargo securement (1,991 or 12.2%) and lighting devices (1,875 or 11.5%).

The five most common driver violations were for hours of service (1,179 or 37.2% of total out-of-service violations), wrong class license (714 or 22.5%), false logs (467 or 14.7%), “other” violations (351 or 11.1%) and suspended license (232 or 7.3%)."

So, now you can be prepared for the next inspection spree, Sept. 15-22

https://www.ccjdigital.com/nationwide-brake-inspection-spree-set-for-september/

"The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s annual Brake Safety Week is scheduled for Sept. 15-22 with a focus on brake hoses and tubing.

"The five most common vehicle violations detected by inspectors were for braking systems (4,578 or 28% of total out-of-service violations), tires and wheels (3,156 or 19.3%), brake adjustment (2,801 or 17.1%), cargo securement (1,991 or 12.2%) and lighting devices (1,875 or 11.5%).

The five most common driver violations were for hours of service (1,179 or 37.2% of total out-of-service violations), wrong class license (714 or 22.5%), false logs (467 or 14.7%), “other” violations (351 or 11.1%) and suspended license (232 or 7.3%)."

"The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s annual Brake Safety Week is scheduled for Sept. 15-22 with a focus on brake hoses and tubing.
:hilarious: We’re no longer a “safe” company, we’ve become a “lucky” company...and nobody cares!!

Half the guys don’t even attempt to do a pre/post trip and of those who do, half of those don’t even know what the hell they’re looking for!! I’m betting most couldn’t tell you the difference between a slack adjuster and a swing arm, much less when the brakes are properly adjusted...and to put the icing on the cake, when defects are brought to the attention of management, excuses are made as to why the previous driver “missed” finding the defect!! They missed it because they never looked for it!!!

Here’s a defect found last week...

iipTdyb.jpg

The proper manager’s response went something like, “I bet that was hard to see, did you use a creeper?”....really?? No, I just bent my lazy ass over and looked!! And the upper brass of safety wonder why there’s been an increase of brake fires!!?? :idunno:

Most drivers don’t care, most managers don’t care, safety claims to care because they have to, and at the end of the day the entire fleet is taking care of by a few drivers and a few mechanics that actually give a ::shit:: about protecting themselves and the motoring public...and we’ve become extremely lucky!!

How can you falsify a ELD log?

:hilarious: We’re no longer a “safe” company, we’ve become a “lucky” company...and nobody cares!!

Half the guys don’t even attempt to do a pre/post trip and of those who do, half of those don’t even know what the hell they’re looking for!! I’m betting most couldn’t tell you the difference between a slack adjuster and a swing arm, much less when the brakes are properly adjusted...and to put the icing on the cake, when defects are brought to the attention of management, excuses are made as to why the previous driver “missed” finding the defect!! They missed it because they never looked for it!!!

iipTdyb.jpg

The proper manager’s response went something like, “I bet that was hard to see, did you use a creeper?”....really?? No, I just bent my lazy ass over and looked!! And the upper brass of safety wonder why there’s been an increase of brake fires!!?? :idunno:

Most drivers don’t care, most managers don’t care, safety claims to care because they have to, and at the end of the day the entire fleet is taking care of by a few drivers and a few mechanics that actually give a :::shit::: about protecting themselves and the motoring public...and we’ve become extremely lucky!!

I have a meet driver from WME that won't go past the crank handle, one of the sorriest people that I have met.

iipTdyb.jpg

Most drivers don’t care, most managers don’t care, safety claims to care because they have to, and at the end of the day the entire fleet is taking care of by a few drivers and a few mechanics that actually give a :::shit::: about protecting themselves and the motoring public...and we’ve become extremely lucky!!
I agree 100%

iipTdyb.jpg

For the exception of 1 of our mechanics at our shop, the spring would probably be removed and the trailer put back into service. We have a guy who cant even replace a hub seal without it leaking on its first trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.