TForce | Our sick time is a joke!

How about this.They give us an extra week vacation..

to use anyway we want.
Sick days with a 24 hour notice,or personal days.
Whatever we want to use the extra days for.

If we don't need them,or decide not to use them,they can pay us a half days pay at the end of the year, for everone we don't take.

Now something like that sounds reasonable to me.

Maybe we can write that up as a contract proposal,if everyone agrees that that would be a good clause.

Apostolic said:
to use anyway we want.
Sick days with a 24 hour notice,or personal days.
Whatever we want to use the extra days for.

If we don't need them,or decide not to use them,they can pay us a half days pay at the end of the year, for everone we don't take.

Now something like that sounds reasonable to me.

Maybe we can write that up as a contract proposal,if everyone agrees that that would be a good clause.

How about this...........

Sick days payable with only a 2 hour notice.
Personal days payable with seven (7) days notice.

If you decide not to use the sick days you are paid 8 hours pay for all days not used on April 1st

Personal days must be used or you lost them.

All this is covered and agreed to, in the NMFA

I know some of whats in the NMFA,but you say..

we aren't getting into NMFA.

So sick days,and personal days,notice,and payment will have to be proposals in whatever contract is drafted for UPS our parent company to except,and a majority of UPSFreight employees to vote on.

Whatever is going to be in this contract are ideas that have to be presented for the agreement of all organized employees,aswell as UPS.

Now I know you know this is right T251.

Teamster251 said:

If you decide not to use the sick days you are paid 8 hours pay for all days not used on April 1st

Im sure that even if we get a seperate contract from the NMFA designed for UPSF only, It will be very similar if not better than the NMFA.

Apo...those are some good ideas. youre not so thick headed like you posted here. DY got what he asked for and Skeeter is making progress. there are speed-dumps in front of us but I believe that all partys involved will be very satisfied.

Johnnybegood said:
I cannot believe what they have done?I'm pretty pissed off......:shout:
Ok you can do something about it,,Go to your union hall, talk to the BA that is handling your area,,get the cards start signing them you only need,,, 50% plus 1 of the road,city & dock ..You can make a differance,,stick together,,BROTHERHOOD:bananalama:

Apostolic said:
we aren't getting into NMFA.

So sick days,and personal days,notice,and payment will have to be proposals in whatever contract is drafted for UPS our parent company to except,and a majority of UPSFreight employees to vote on.

Whatever is going to be in this contract are ideas that have to be presented for the agreement of all organized employees,aswell as UPS.

Now I know you know this is right T251.
I would expect everything you have said to be correct, however I would also expect that any contract you may get would be very close to what the NMFA already contains.
UPS knows the workings of the union and the contracts, both the package and freight contract. Both contain similar provisions for sick and personal days along with vacation time.
Keep informed and keep an open mind. The key to your economic future is in your hands.

Skeeter said:
Lets see it in black and white shall we. PM me a copy of it.

I will see if there is anymore sheet's left on the breakroom table and I will scan and post. Give me until tues. and i'll post it.:horse:

Teamster251 said:

251, I'm almost positive that unused personal days are now paid also.

CFer said:
251, I'm almost positive that unused personal days are now paid also.
They are paid in my area .... but then again I use every day available. It's nice to have that extra time for long weekends or just extra " vacation " days !

flstc2000 said:
They are paid in my area .... but then again I use every day available. It's nice to have that extra time for long weekends or just extra " vacation " days !

I'm with you on that one flstc. I would much rather have the time off than the money.

personal days are paid here also,but for some reason you have to put in a request to be paid. it is not automatic.

Johnnybegood said:
I cannot believe what they have done?I'm pretty pissed off......:shout:

JBG, don't tell me your actually considering coming over to the dark side:ohmy: :shock: :shock:

On a serious note, that really stinks about your sick days. I wouldn't be happy about it either

CFer said:
JBG, don't tell me your actually considering coming over to the dark side:ohmy: :shock: :shock:

On a serious note, that really stinks about your sick days. I wouldn't be happy about it either
Right now i'm in a wait and see mode....As for now i still say no, But who knows what the future may bring?:pirate2:

UPS Freight sick pay

Johnnybegood said:
You have to be out 4 days to get paid then you have to pay Aetna for your weekly deductions back or lose your benefits.After 5 days you get 100% of your pay for 4 weeks with a doctors note .Then after that you get paid 60% for the next four weeks...It's almost like short term disibility.....Then you need a return to work note from Rachael......This info was posted in HRS.
This is a quote directly from the HR dept.
Each hourly or mileage-paid employee will receive 5 casual sick days per year.
For each illness, after the employee has missed two unpaid days of work,
casual sick pay will be paid on the third day of illness. For any illness
lasting more than 3 days, Aetna must be notified and a claim must be filed
for additional sick pay benefits.
For each injury, Aetna must be notified and the claim will be processed
from the first day missed.
I hope this helps you understand how is works.

Teamster251 said:

How about this 1 hour notice.

If you decide not to use the sick days you are paid 8 hours pay for all days not used in November like we have in package and personal days paid the same as the sick days.