Holland | Outside Carriers

Ok, now you got me confused. All the negative posts regarding the company, it’s management, the union, the shiny wheels, and then you throw that in how you like your job with it’s good wage and great benefits? Uhh, yeah, I got nothing for ya now.
I would like future generations to enjoy not only a good job but a good union job! That is what much of what we do today not only with the union and company but also with the country will have more of an impact on our children and grandchildren than on us.
Part of the reason we have our health insurance right now is that guys 20, 30. 40 years ago fought for it. I am just riding out the last few years till I retire. Those shiny wheels won't affect me at all. But I will fight them tooth and nail for the next generation of Teamsters! I appreciate what brothers have done in the past and in my opinion it our responsibility to do the same for our brothers and sisters that will be coming in the future. If this idea does not appeal to you or it confuses you than you don't deserve to call yourself a Teamster!

I would like future generations to enjoy not only a good job but a good union job! That is what much of what we do today not only with the union and company but also with the country will have more of an impact on our children and grandchildren than on us.
Part of the reason we have our health insurance right now is that guys 20, 30. 40 years ago fought for it. I am just riding out the last few years till I retire. Those shiny wheels won't affect me at all. But I will fight them tooth and nail for the next generation of Teamsters! I appreciate what brothers have done in the past and in my opinion it our responsibility to do the same for our brothers and sisters that will be coming in the future. If this idea does not appeal to you or it confuses you than you don't deserve to call yourself a Teamster!
Not arguing with anything you just said here, not even that last comment. One day you’ll involve yourself in a situation where the union will back off and tell you “Well, that’s just unfortunate”. I remember my father being a 40 year Teamster all the stories I heard about how they really stood up for their members and I was proud to be one when I came to Holland in the early 2000’s. That feeling lasted until YRC was crammed into our lives (promoted by the IBT I’ll add). I just never hear those stories anymore. YRC is good at taking money, not making it. They can’t afford to give us anything more and the union knows it. Without YRC there’s no union and YRC knows that. You hear the same garbage at the meetings, too. “Sorry YRC is doing this to you guys, but walk out that door and hold your heads high because YOU’RE TEAMSTERS!”
I like my job too and that includes its union benefits. I haven’t forgotten what it’s like to work at a place that really deserves to be hated. I will and have stood up for members when the union wouldn’t. I’ve had members do the same for me. One day I hope that turns around for the sake of upcoming generations but I’m losing hope fast. I’m currently just not sure if I would want my son working here when he gets old enough.
My TM told me just recently that he’s had only one application given to him all summer and that one backed out when he found out he would be doing some dock work also. There’s nobody new out there that wants to do this because of the conditions AND being under YRC. The union AND the company both know how to fix this. In the meantime we still have customers to take care of and neither side can afford to lose any. That’s why they’re resorting to other options to move the freight which is under their right in the current contract. I don’t like seeing low seniority people with families laid off. I know you and I have different opinions but both our checks come from the same pot. Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

The American public dislikes union by a wide margin.
Young people have no interest in unions or the political crap they bring with them
Face it, you are in a dying business. We have airliners that can fly by themselves it is just a matter of years before trucks do the same. It will be a process but most of the driving will be done by autonomous trucks. Perhaps some densely populated areas and final mile may need some human assistance but driving a truck will become a thing of the past.

Young people have no interest in unions or the political crap they bring with them
Face it, you are in a dying business. We have airliners that can fly by themselves it is just a matter of years before trucks do the same. It will be a process but most of the driving will be done by autonomous trucks. Perhaps some densely populated areas and final mile may need some human assistance but driving a truck will become a thing of the past.
You make that sound like a good thing.

Let's see them liftgate freight or do an inside delivery or get some four wheeler to pull them back on the road when there's 6 inches of snow on the road.
Or maybe back down an ally with cars on each side and tree branches hanging down.
Line haul...maybe.
City? not in your lifetime.
By the way, they hate unions out of sheer jealousy.

You're still cashing that union retirement check ,right? ****ing hypocrite

:duh:
OMG!
What are you smoking?
:couch:

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/new-fleet-to-advance-yrc-turnaround , YRC will also increase its usage of purchased transportation as allowed under its 2019 contract with labor. The agreement allows them to reach a 29% purchased transportation threshold in the national network and a lesser level at LTL carrier Holland. Management didn’t provide an estimate of the potential cost savings this initiative could bring.

9EJ7J0J.jpg

Look at it this way, at least that particular incident didn’t cost Holland anything... Donna might have a thing or two to say about it though...
Coop actually relocates new, fully assembled stop lights for the state of Iowa to the intersection where the contractor puts them up. It accounts for 21 % of Coop’s annual revenues.

Let's see them liftgate freight or do an inside delivery or get some four wheeler to pull them back on the road when there's 6 inches of snow on the road.
Or maybe back down an ally with cars on each side and tree branches hanging down.
Line haul...maybe.
City? not in your lifetime.
By the way, they hate unions out of sheer jealousy.

It will occur in phases, correct most likely linehaul first.
In case you missed it Space X recently launched, the 1st stage landed on a barge in the middle of the ocean on its own so it could be recycled. A few years ago that would have been impossible and people like you would have claimed it could never be done..
Guess you would have been fighting to keep those coal powered steam locomotives running because no one would ever be able to develop a suitable replacement for such a wonderful machine...
You may see some type of monitor on a truck eventually. With Joe Biden bringing in millions of more illegal immigrants to push down wages it will be easy and cheap to find a truck monitor. Wall Street is going sky high on the hopes of cheap labor for big corporations.. Biden will insure an endless supply of record profits off cheap labor.
Fight it if you wish, todays cars are loaded with the technology to begin the transformation of driverless vehicles...

But then the teamsters still live like its 1930. No wonder things are going so great for them...

How many pilots have lost their jobs due to autopilot?

Actually thousands, the FAA used to mandate 3 people in the cockpit. Now it is 2. Also has Flight Engineers at one time and a Navigator. When is the last time a plane got lost???
Used to need extra pilots to cross the ocean, no more.
Actually had laws that a jetliner needed at least 3 engines to cross the ocean, no more.
Once the public gets uses to unmanned transportation, pilots will become extinct...
Again on the recent Space X launch there was no pilot. The rocket was controlled from their HQ.
If software can fly a complicated reusable spacecraft, flying a 737 is a no brainier. Just need to get the public used to it..

Actually thousands, the FAA used to mandate 3 people in the cockpit. Now it is 2. Also has Flight Engineers at one time and a Navigator. When is the last time a plane got lost???
Used to need extra pilots to cross the ocean, no more.
Actually had laws that a jetliner needed at least 3 engines to cross the ocean, no more.
Once the public gets uses to unmanned transportation, pilots will become extinct...
Again on the recent Space X launch there was no pilot. The rocket was controlled from their HQ.
If software can fly a complicated reusable spacecraft, flying a 737 is a no brainier. Just need to get the public used to it..

Exactly, I can't think of a single truck driver on Tb that couldn't fly a 737 with a 30 min lesson.
BTW I think a pilot landed at the wrong airport just last year.