XPO | Overtime exemption

Would you support this Bill ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Name one company or industry that pays more than what the market dictates. The only company that pays more is UPS, but that comes with a bunch of special circumstances.

Anybody arguing that corporations that are built for profit, greed and competition will suddenly become benevolent and give employees more out of the kindness of their hearts doesn't understand how any of this works.
Exactly, a CEO of a corporation has a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders. I’m always amazed that people don’t understand how this works. Corporations are not philanthropic organizations for the most part.

Exactly, a CEO of a corporation has a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders. I’m always amazed that people don’t understand how this works. Corporations are not philanthropic organizations for the most part.
No ones looking for a handout lets cut the Robber Barron crap .They are looking to be paid rightfully. You work overtime you get paid overtime rate.

I’m always amazed how people are ok with companies making a record profit because said companies doesn’t want to pay people properly. These companies for the most part could still pay people properly and make a nice profit. They don’t because they can.

Last edited:
Name one company or industry that pays more than what the market dictates. The only company that pays more is UPS, but that comes with a bunch of special circumstances.

Anybody arguing that corporations that are built for profit, greed and competition will suddenly become benevolent and give employees more out of the kindness of their hearts doesn't understand how any of this works.
Must be CEOs were more benevolent back in the 50s.....

I don't pretend to know all the reasons for this but I do know the working man has gotten hosed.....

Must be CEOs were more benevolent back in the 50s.....

I don't pretend to know all the reasons for this but I do know the working man has gotten hosed.....

It's not all on the CEO, that's what I'm trying to explain. Why would company x pay you 35/hr if you're willing to take 20. That's why fast food shot up to 15. It's not because they're nice, it's because they couldn't get people to come in the door for 10. ABF can't pay more so they offer crazy sign on bonuses, FedEx bumps everybody to top rate and pittohio changed their overtime policy. We're moving the the right direction, but overnight poorly thought out government intervention never works out well for the working man and it makes things worse.

No ones looking for a handout lets cut the Robber Barron crap .They are looking to be paid rightfully. You work overtime you get paid overtime rate.

I’m always amazed how people are ok with companies making a record profit because said companies doesn’t want to pay people properly. These companies for the most part could still pay people properly and make a nice profit. They don’t because they can.
So this begs the question; how long should we accept the status quo, and continue to accept lower and lower wages? We have history as a guide. I work for OD. OD has consistently lowered its O.R to the point where we’re on the verge of breaking into the 69’s. In addition, driver wages were LOWER as a percentage of O.R than they were last year, even after wage increases and hiring new employees.

It’s probably a safe assumption that we won’t get a 8-10% raise to keep us up with inflation. So what do we do when we get the typical $1.00-$1.10/hour? Maybe it’s time to go all-in and walk. I don’t know.

What I do know is this. American workers are producing more profits per man-hour than they ever have, yet what they get back in wages and benefits, relative to that profit, and inflation, is lower than it’s ever been.
It stretches the imagination to think that this is sustainable.
If will collapse. It’s just a question of whether it happens organically , or if workers force the issue and walk. Everyone has a different tolerance level , only you can decide. I’m near the end.

how long should we accept the status quo, and continue to accept lower and lower wages?
wage were going up because no one wanted to do this job, then Biden gave us all another child and his name is inflation. The highest it's been in 40yrs.
yet what they get back in wages and benefits, relative to that profit, and inflation, is lower than it’s ever been.
???? well kind of. You are paid at a higher rate the problem is you money you do get has less buying power. Just think you are paying TWICE as much for gas then you did 2yrs ago. So did you wage double? NO

wage were going up because no one wanted to do this job, then Biden gave us all another child and his name is inflation. The highest it's been in 40yrs.

???? well kind of. You are paid at a higher rate the problem is you money you do get has less buying power. Just think you are paying TWICE as much for gas then you did 2yrs ago. So did you wage double? NO
Biden gave us inflation? Do you really think one man creates inflation ? I’m no big Biden fan but I think you need to look into why we have inflation. Lol
I think your over over simplifying the economic force following a 2 year shutdown of much of the nation .
We get that you don’t like Biden which is fine but to negate everything that happened prior to him taking office is just plain silly. Presidents in a free market don’t control economic pressures. If they did every President would have a booming one during there term. There are good and bad pressures in an economic cycle that are uncontrollable by any administration.

Last edited:

This may shed some light on the subject.

I would think they may ask the driver, reading your ELD recap, at this time, your GPS coordinate showed you at a location where we have no facility, and there was no reported breakdown. Please explain.
So you’re expecting managers to manage? Time to stub that thing out.

Waiters get most of their income from tips and farmers/fishermen work on a somewhat peak and valley seasonal operation which sets them apart from the basic regular trucking workforce we're talking about here. And salaried workers by definition are "salaried" which obviously exempts them from overtime laws. They are typically professional type occupations, not hourly.
One could say, depending on locale, roofers & carpenters; landscapers & snowplowers; etc work seasonally. Overtime & unemployment year after year.

Biden gave us inflation? Do you really think one man creates inflation ? I’m no big Biden fan but I think you need to look into why we have inflation. Lol
I think your over over simplifying the economic force following a 2 year shutdown of much of the nation .
We get that you don’t like Biden which is fine but to negate everything that happened prior to him taking office is just plain silly. Presidents in a free market don’t control economic pressures. If they did every President would have a booming one during there term. There are good and bad pressures in an economic cycle that are uncontrollable by any administration.
Shutting down domestic gas production from his first day in office, and making a steady effort to shut down more?
Fuel prices drive everything, so yeah, a GOOD deal of this inflation is directly at his feet.

That, on top of his administration, and democrat elected officials keeping domestic supply chain locked down unnecessarily long due to covid BS.

So yeah. He's to blame, as is anyone who voted for him.

Shutting down domestic gas production from his first day in office, and making a steady effort to shut down more?
Fuel prices drive everything, so yeah, a GOOD deal of this inflation is directly at his feet.

That, on top of his administration, and democrat elected officials keeping domestic supply chain locked down unnecessarily long due to covid BS.

Don't poke holes in his logic...
He'll PM you accusing you of being a government agent :lmao::lmao:

This may shed some light on the subject.

Other then the article is 4yrs old. I have to ask. I guess Lenny O didn't pay taxes 41yrs ago. He states that his first job paid $30 in 2018 wages, but now he said he earns $25 now after taxes.

The great point they point out in this article is that the Democratic party screwed the unions and the truck drivers with the MCA of 1980.
The one thing the article doesn't cover is the number of companies that closed after the MCA of 1980 was passed. That flooded the market with out of work driver driving the pay rates down. Now with the driver shortage pay rates have gone up, still behind, but up at a higher rate.
Like I said it doesn't matter what our pay rate is if inflation keeps going a 8% or more each month

Are you talking about natural gas ?

If you meaning oil than your statement is incorrect. The Biden administration approved more oil leases than the previous administration. Domestic oil production is still at an all time high and will break previous record in 2023. Respectfully,If you do some research you will find that info .

Quick question if domestic production decrease is under Biden’s control and you say he cut it and its the reason for increasing gas prices . Why are gas prices rising all over the globe ?

Last edited:
Domestic oil production is still at an all time high and will break previous record in 2023. Respectfully,If you do some research you will find that info .
Ah yes do some research:

Oil Production​

Biden compared the amount of oil produced in his first year in office with the amount produced in the same time period under former President Donald Trump.

“Here at home, U.S. oil and gas production is approaching record levels. In fact, we produced more oil domestically in my first year in office than my predecessor did in his first year,” Biden said.

The U.S. produced about 4.1 billion barrels of crude oil in the first 12 months of Biden’s presidency (ending in January 2022). That was about 18.6% more than the 3.45 billion barrels of crude oil produced in Trump’s first 12 months (ending in January 2018).

Before Biden took office, however, annual crude oil production had increased nearly 28% in Trump’s four years as president.

When compared with production in more recent years, Biden’s first year total was almost 8.8% lower than the nearly 4.5 billion barrels produced in 2019, and about 0.9% less than the 4.13 billion barrels produced in 2020, during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic.

In its Short-Term Energy Outlook for May, the U.S. Energy Information Administration projected that crude oil production will average 11.9 million barrels per day in 2022, which would be the highest average except for the 12.3 million barrels produced each day in 2019.