pay changes

Well GT I wouldn't know anything about being locked up. Kinda worried on how you know what it's like..... lol

You know me GT I would go union. Just this whole situation is confusing and it'll be a while yet before we know more or anything happens

It is confusing and stressful Money, it will come out in the wash, just lay low, thats the best advice I can give you. Don't voice your opinion right now, let it happen.

Hey Bro, wanna be cellies?

Those guys know the contract, Bill knows his stuff, listen to him and the others, keep your yapper shut, your head low, and let it happen.

Money, its kinda like being locked up, if your celly wants to put his love tool in your waste hole, and he is bigger and stronger than you, its prolly gonna happen, ifin he cain't do it alone he will pay some friends to hold your ass down.

Thats kinda like the Teamsters, or any union, sometimes their bigger and stronger than the company, that is derived from contracts that are legal and binding!

GO UNION!!!!

LOL, you just described what I do to payroll every week! like i tell my buddies at work, we are only here to make this place our MONEY *****!

I've heard from a couple of sysco mn drivers that we will become union. I think it has something to do with we're in there territory and I'm sure eventually we will be taking away part of there territory while they do the cities and south while we go west and

thats what i was talking about with a successorship clause, if you are in the union shops territory doing their work, then basically their contract applies to your shop immediately, and hopefully for you, it will be a seniority dovetail, where your seniority lists are combined, instead of an endtail, where, since you weren't union and had no legal rights anyway, you will be pushed to the bottom, and can only take whatever is left. Although, from what you said about your morons, err, co-workers, "they would all quit if they went union". So you would probably still be ok if they take a hike.

Don't worry either way, its foodservice, its not like freight, it doesnt really slow down to where you would be laid off.

Well GT I wouldn't know anything about being locked up. Kinda worried on how you know what it's like..... lol

You know me GT I would go union. Just this whole situation is confusing and it'll be a while yet before we know more or anything happens

if you are that worried about it, take the bull by the horns and go apply at Sysco MN, or US Foods over there, and just get into a union shop with a contract, because it sounds like whatever you had is done, and you are stuck wondering what is going to happen. Its your future, go control it and get into some place with a steady future for the length of each contract. Its a big perk of the dues, you know where you stand for a few years at a time, and you will go by seniority, instead of your boss suprising you with things that screw your life up every week.

It is confusing and stressful Money, it will come out in the wash, just lay low, thats the best advice I can give you. Don't voice your opinion right now, let it happen.

Hey Bro, wanna be cellies?

I don't know if I would lay low, either, you might be better off being vocal about the union. Companies arent dumb, they worry about workers who know their rights. its easier to lay off the guy who is quiet, than to lay off the guy who talks shop regularly, knows the rules of the place, and knows his legal rights with the labor board.

if you really wanted to know the answer the quickest, a trip over to whatever local represents sysco might benefit you.ask any of their drivers what local they are, and Just go in and literally ask the BA at the union hall about the rumors you have heard, because he will know more about it than any of the half ass rumors that are flying around. He would be able to tell more than anyone at your work, or any of the other drivers you see on the road.

I don't know if I would lay low, either, you might be better off being vocal about the union. Companies arent dumb, they worry about workers who know their rights. its easier to lay off the guy who is quiet, than to lay off the guy who talks shop regularly, knows the rules of the place, and knows his legal rights with the labor board.

if you really wanted to know the answer the quickest, a trip over to whatever local represents sysco might benefit you.ask any of their drivers what local they are, and Just go in and literally ask the BA at the union hall about the rumors you have heard, because he will know more about it than any of the half ass rumors that are flying around. He would be able to tell more than anyone at your work, or any of the other drivers you see on the road.

I just don't want to see mgmt start messing with money because he is running his hole, this is new, no one knows whats gonna happen, I still think he needs to lay back and let it go the way its going to go, I just don't think now is the time, all his co-workers are anti union, it just occurs to me it should be time to lay low, not be voicing an opinion.

Money is a grown man, he will make his own decisions.

I won't goto sysco mn. They bid on routes every week, I would start out 14.75 a hr which is less then I am now and your a full-time casual and it takes up to a year to get benefits. Us foods I did apply awhile back and never got a call. I'll just stay where I'm at. Maybe find out who the BA is and talk to him. If for some reason things don't work out oh well plenty of more jobs out there

14.75 an hour? damn, thats 4 bucks below what new guys at U Suck Foods starts at over here in Buffalo. we do have that goofy full time casual language as well, it sucks because you are basically on call until you get enough seniority to get a bid.

I take it the benefits there are based on some sort of program where you have to work so many days? we just get them as soon as we are off probation after 60 days worked.

btw, I know what USF makes over there in MN, you might try and bug them again. they make a decent buck, and have a nice retirement plan.

Good luck with everything, keep us posted....

Ive thought about US foods again lately but I'm just gonna stick it out. Good things might come. Plus if I went to US foods I'll be in downtown st.paul and minneapolis all day every day. If i stay I'll run mainly northern MN eventually

Ive thought about US foods again lately but I'm just gonna stick it out. Good things might come. Plus if I went to US foods I'll be in downtown st.paul and minneapolis all day every day. If i stay I'll run mainly northern MN eventually

It snows to much in MN, I'll take downtown, maybe the tall buildings will block the snow from hitting me in mine eye :)

I have no desire for downtown or the surrounding areas. Been down there before and pay in the ass. No room to park, lots and lots and lots of stairs and to many "different" people lol. Actually GT we havent gotten much snow the last few years

I have no desire for downtown or the surrounding areas. Been down there before and pay in the ass. No room to park, lots and lots and lots of stairs and to many "different" people lol. Actually GT we havent gotten much snow the last few years

Ok Mister, then its to cold! How do you like that? And stairs? Getcha one of them stair climbin wheelers...LOL!

LOL nah. I dont want to see that many stairs. I only have 1 route with stairs and its 3 stops. Thats my monday route and I always get help

I have a route that is almost 3 hrs from the warehouse and almost 20 stops and 800 cases. It started out as I would train a guy on the route but now he has school on tuesday and I have my layover route tuesdays so they always send him with me so we both can get back. Starting next month I train a new driver on that route

I have a route that is almost 3 hrs from the warehouse and almost 20 stops and 800 cases. It started out as I would train a guy on the route but now he has school on tuesday and I have my layover route tuesdays so they always send him with me so we both can get back. Starting next month I train a new driver on that route

Well, all thats gonna change, I just took a mgmt job and have been assigned to your barn to straighten out this mess, I'm putting you on the downtown route with no wheeler, and by golly you will do it and like it or I'll whip your young ass!!!

Well, all thats gonna change, I just took a mgmt job and have been assigned to your barn to straighten out this mess, I'm putting you on the downtown route with no wheeler, and by golly you will do it and like it or I'll whip your young ass!!!
You won't last five minutes in a management position with Sysco. You have something that management there doesn't, a working brain, lol

You won't last five minutes in a management position with Sysco. You have something that management there doesn't, a working brain, lol

I wanted to go into mgmt, maybe make a difference in the drivers lives, make it better for them, holding them accountable yes, but trying to make conditions and respect much better, but then I realized I would get fired for not being a dick, so I scrapped the idea.

yes gt you are right you have to be a dick to be in mgmt. we had our annual meeting yesterday i got to be pulled out in front of all our 100 drivers and they should my drive cams and made fun of me for a solid hr. so yes to be mgmt you have to be a dick. i would like to understand to how dip pay works, we were told it is coming and it is from corp. but it will be good for all drivers, yea right. any insight would be appreciated about how dip is payed.

2wheeldriver, they cant do that, its harrassment. do you have friends that will back you up? are you at a union shop? either way, this is labor board material it sounds like, i wouldn't take that laying down.....