FedEx Freight | Portable pension

You sir have miscalculated or you’re in a different pension.
Use the tool. Everyone's situation is different. Depends how much you have in there already plus you age and how many years you have left to work. Make sure to change tge first section to the age your going to quit working. If you don't then it will assume u quit today and only add interest payments. The following are not my numbers but assume your a road driver that makes 100k. Assume you'll get 1% raise so put that in slider at the bottom. Also assume you have 30k already in there and your planning on working another 30 yrs. I bet the number will surprise u.

Use the tool. Everyone's situation is different. Depends how much you have in there already plus you age and how many years you have left to work. Make sure to change tge first section to the age your going to quit working. If you don't then it will assume u quit today and only add interest payments. The following are not my numbers but assume your a road driver that makes 100k. Assume you'll get 1% raise so put that in slider at the bottom. Also assume you have 30k already in there and your planning on working another 30 yrs. I bet the number will surprise u.
Once again,
There is NO WAY a driver can amass $30k,and still have another 30yrs to work.
Mathematically impossible.

Assuming much? Who says I can't relate. Who says I haven't been a driver for many many years. Held many positions and I can totally relate. Don't get butthurt over a PROJECTION. It's not real untill you physically get there. You want something you take chances or risks as some would call it.
You're completely missing the point.
Yeah, a 6% contribution can add up,,,, IF you're making high 6 figures.
No driver does that, and never will. You're slinging $670k around as if that's what most can expect. You specifically stated that amount, which is absolutely, 100% not fesable under driver pay.

The numbers just don’t go that high on mine and I’ve been here 26 yrs. it just ain’t happening period. 15 yrs with ups would be more than 39 yrs at fedex.

No driver does that, and never will. You're slinging $670k around as if that's what most can expect. You specifically stated that amount, which is absolutely, 100% not fesable under driver pay.
I retired in Sept 2004 in Western Pa. In 16 1/2 years I have collected over $650,000.

It's a projection. I'm sure this forum will be here in 30 years. Make sure to come back and we'll see where it ended up for real. It would appear that someone else in this forum amassed 650k. Want to call them a liar too while your at it?

Fwiw,
I just played around on the projection tool.

Assuming I'd have stayed with FX, with a starting salary of $70k,and a 2.5% bump every year, I'd have less than $200k after a 40yr career.

I retired in Sept 2004 in Western Pa. In 16 1/2 years I have collected over $650,000.

It's a projection. I'm sure this forum will be here in 30 years. Make sure to come back and we'll see where it ended up for real. It would appear that someone else in this forum amassed 650k. Want to call them a liar too while your at it?
You keep saying "projection" like it's a mystery.
It's based on VERY simple math. The variables and variations are nonexistent.

You take what you've accumulated, add in the compound contribution, plus any COL increases, and the years you have left to work. It's damn accurate, and a $80k yr driver will NEVER see anything near even half of your personal projections.

Fwiw,
I just played around on the projection tool.

Assuming I'd have stayed with FX, with a starting salary of $70k,and a 2.5% bump every year, I'd have less than $200k after a 40yr career.
That's not bad at all. We have road drivers in this company that make 130k and some that make 150k. I'd be curious what you come up with at 150k with a 44 yr career. Get back to me

You keep saying "projection" like it's a mystery.
It's based on VERY simple math. The variables and variations are nonexistent.

You take what you've accumulated, add in the compound contribution, plus any COL increases, and the years you have left to work. It's damn accurate, and a $80k yr driver will NEVER see anything near even half of your personal projections.
It's your current balance factoring in your wages plus a perceived raise factored by when you plan on leaving and then when your drawing it out. I understand it just fine

So why keep defending it with "its JUST a projection"?
Dude I simply replied to an earlier post saying I have $687000 reasons why because someone said why bother with the pension and adding money. Everyone's situation is different. I never said hey do this and you can have this amount. Now did I. But your running with it and following it up with I'm FoS. Did I invent the projection tool? No. But this is what it's telling me. Also don't assume that I'm not a driver. I could be a driver that just works his ass off unlike some guys I know that take days off even when they don't have vacation. Your not one of those guys are ya? Then wondering why your balance is unattainable?

So why keep defending it with "its JUST a projection"?
Because like I've said in other ways I will see what it is if I can make it that far. Meaning I will believe the total when I get there. It's just a projection. I could get sick maybe retire early. But I'm planning on working till 68 and this is what it claims I'll have. Thats why I say it's just a projection. I'll believe it when I get there. But I didn't just pop a number and make ::shit:: up.

68 , f-that , a LTL driver that started at 18 and worked HARD will end up a broken man unable to live much longer anyways . Most of my friends are done by 58-62 and beat up LTL hands , knees , shoulders , back & neck injuries hurt by smart ass customers dock plates , dock doors hitting you in the back while you are bent over unlocking your door and endless days , not easy 12 hour days , try 16-17 hours , bs you say , NOT FOR THIS HOUSE . Ha , 68 good luck ...
Allot of good any amount of money is . I feel for my friends that got f-ed in the Central States Pension . There is no real free money in my world or many of us here . You can wipe your a s s with what I got out of the FDXF pension after 22 years , shove it right along with FDXF . I'm still glad my wife and I took my father's advice and put 20% in our 401K's nearly our entire lives . I could go on but why .....

68 , f-that , a LTL driver that started at 18 and worked HARD will end up a broken man unable to live much longer anyways . Most of my friends are done by 58-62 and beat up LTL hands , knees , shoulders , back & neck injuries hurt by smart ass customers dock plates , dock doors hitting you in the back while you are bent over unlocking your door and endless days , not easy 12 hour days , try 16-17 hours , bs you say , NOT FOR THIS HOUSE . Ha , 68 good luck ...
Allot of good any amount of money is . I feel for my friends that got f-ed in the Central States Pension . There is no real free money in my world or many of us here . You can wipe your a s s with what I got out of the FDXF pension after 22 years , shove it right along with FDXF . I'm still glad my wife and I took my father's advice and put 20% in our 401K's nearly our entire lives . I could go on but why .....
Yep and this is why I said well see if I make it. Key words there.