FedEx Freight | Portable pension

Everyone seems to forget, the $$ that goes into the pension used to go into 401k. There was NEVER new money that funded the pension.

We wish that money had continued to go into 401k, where the return was/is significantly better.
been here 22 years if they had not done the pension and left our 401k alone with my rate of growth on 401k i would have 97k more plus the pension $ in my 401k.free money huh.

Okayyyy and your point?
Everydayissat You guys should stop the debate and join the Union. Retired at 54 with 31years, 14 years since with a 50 percent pop up and the reduction 4 years ago I’m at 800,000. With the Butch Lewis Act now in place we will go back to full rate with backpay which is about 90,000 for me as of now……….

Everydayissat You guys should stop the debate and join the Union. Retired at 54 with 31years, 14 years since with a 50 percent pop up and the reduction 4 years ago I’m at 800,000. With the Butch Lewis Act now in place we will go back to full rate with backpay which is about 90,000 for me as of now……….
Do they have cookouts at union carriers with hot dogs? Asking for my boy smoke and myself. :hysterical:

Do you want a hot dog ? Or a yogi button? BTW this thread was about the Fedex pension not the Teamsters. Go have a chat with Bubba.

Did you seriously just try to relate to drivers that rarely make high 5 figures to a position that pays high 6 figures in an attempt to defend the pension?

Yeah, you can see your way out of this discussion. There is no salary argument you have that is within a mile of relatable to a driver.
He did!!!

That letter they gave out a few years ago with the pension payout mine was is supposed to be just over 300k at my target retirement date. I started here at age 19 in 2007.

Unless you held a job that paid over $250,000yr, for a 35yr career at Fx, then I'm calling BS.
That, or you plan to work until you're 93.
$68,870,maybe.

Show me some math, or you're FoS.
I did 18yrs with Fx, and mine was barely $33k.
I'm afraid you're in for a serious disappointment. There's no fesable way you made $670k off driver pay in the pension. It just is not mathematically possible. Not even close, hell, not even a quarter of that is possible.
If u only had 30 grand in your acct after 18 years u were either getting ripped off or u were saving like 30 bucks a month ....

Everydayissat You guys should stop the debate and join the Union. Retired at 54 with 31years, 14 years since with a 50 percent pop up and the reduction 4 years ago I’m at 800,000. With the Butch Lewis Act now in place we will go back to full rate with backpay which is about 90,000 for me as of now……
If u only had 30 grand in your acct after 18 years u were either getting ripped off or u were saving like 30 bucks a month ....
18 years at FedEx freight. Road driver I quit to go to a better company. My portable pension was only 36,000 No he’s not lying. It’s true. Also there no driver that makes over 150,000 k a year.
do the math
37.82 an hour Cali pay
70 hours a week 2,647
52 weeks equals 137,664
For the whole year without missing days

18 years at FedEx freight. Road driver I quit to go to a better company. My portable pension was only 36,000 No he’s not lying. It’s true. Also there no driver that makes over 150,000 k a year.
do the math
37.82 an hour Cali pay
70 hours a week 2,647
52 weeks equals 137,664
For the whole year without missing da
It would be higher if you hired on at retirement age…

Swampratt: did the American Freightways 401 k have a match higher than 3.5 %? I don't understand your comment about the money that goes into the pension used to go into the 401. Please explain. Thx.

Jethro