XPO | pride program

DETrob,i work for southern,i take exception to your ignorance. all components have their bad and good apples. all freight lines have the same problems as we do, so do not spread your venom because you have a deep rooted problem with con-way. i have worked with other transportation companies union and non, both as management and hourly. have a good day

DETrob,i work for southern,i take exception to your ignorance. all components have their bad and good apples. all freight lines have the same problems as we do, so do not spread your venom because you have a deep rooted problem with con-way. i have worked with other transportation companies union and non, both as management and hourly. have a good day
Good you should take exception to my comment. What does union, non union have to do with it? I did not make this a union, non union debate. Every time southern was brought up at meetings we were told that southern does not concern central. So why the special circumstances for southern. My guess was Dave M. I am not spreading venom its only the truth and I am sorry if the truth hurts your PRIDE.

P= Perfect,
R= Reason,
I= Ignore,
D= Drivers,
E= Equally.

or...

P= Perform,
R= Ridiculous,
I= Inconsistent,
D= Decisions,
E= Everyday.

or.........

P= Promise,
R= Respect,
I= Inconsistently,
D= Designed,
E= Eliminate.

or...

P= Plenty,
R= Reason,
I= Interview,
D= Drivers,
E= Everywhere.

:hysterical: :biglaugh:

PLEASE POST ALL OF THE ABOVE AT ALL SERVICE CENTERS...........

I worked at C.F. and we had the pride teams in our terminals when we went out of business. They are supposed to help you be more efficient at your job.

I worked at C.F. and we had the pride teams in our terminals when we went out of business. They are supposed to help you be more efficient at your job.

I remember the pride teams also. They were supposed to go from terminal to terminal reinventing the wheel by changes practices and procedures.

Is this the same thing as the Conway pride program?

As I understand the PRIDE system...anyone and everyone regardless of seniority can perform the same assignment in the same orderly fashion. It also has to do with dock hours wheras when two loads are ready the first driver in to the reship leaves. This was the brainchild of Dave M. and John L. and was intrduced in the late 90's. They also stressed 500 more pounds of load factor per trailer and had graphs and charts to show how this would affect ICP and cost reduction. When Dave M. was in the South they were really hot and heavy on PRIDE. The downfall as I see it is at the end of the night the FAC's were left with very new and very poorly trained drivers.I'm not sure if "progressive Loading" was part of PRIDE or not. It's one more idea that looks good on paper. Don't hear much about it anymore. Press on

It goes even further than that George. It also includes formulas for manpower in the city operation. "x" number of bills and "x" tonnage equates to a specific number of drivers needed to perform your p&d operation. Our terminal is an outbound heavy (we pickup more than we deliver) type. We daily put a minimal number of drivers on the street to peddle and then go into panic mode and send guys out on empties to fix things.

Ok, here's a quick math problem for all you seasoned p&d drivers.

Town A - 60 miles from terminal
Town B - 52
Town C - 47
Town D - 25
all these towns are in the same direction i.e. you go through D to get to C to get to B to get to A.

p&d driver on set fills-up in town A and can't cover daily pickup in town B.
Do you...

1) send someone on empties directly to town B late in the afternoon and hope the freight gets back in time for outbound?

2) send the guy peddling C and D on a 53 footer to cover B. This after he is almost to D for a 3 o'clock close.

3) adjust the run of the guy on the 53 footer to empty out in C, being available to cover the problems most distant from the terminal, towns B and A?

4) send your afternoon guy to town d, shortest distance, fewer empty miles, more revenue

5) none of the above, let the afternoon dispatcher tell the drivers they have to make it fit and get there before they close. "I have no one to send"

well, in our barn 1 and 5 are most frequently used. All the while our commander in chief is looking to improve efficiency.

Go into panic mode!!!

...We daily put a minimal number of drivers on the street to peddle and then go into panic mode and send guys out on empties to fix things...All the while our commander in chief is looking to improve efficiency.

Pretty much sounds like our barn too. I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere. A lot of that has to do with too much stock put into the daily projections. If the projections are way off, then the panic ball gets rolling...Not enough stock put into letting the dispatcher use his/her logical reasoning (as you displayed in your original post), but then again...Con-Way hires people who sometimes are unable to reason logically!!:duh:
Besides that, Con-Way doesn't want people thinking...someone may figure out how to do it better.
If there's a formula/policy (PRIDE) in place that mandates plans, solutions, results, etc., then consistency across the board is assured. Regardless of how good the outcome may or may not be...that way the ball is out of our hands and they remain in control of results. God forbid, someone show them up...

Pretty much sounds like our barn too. I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere. A lot of that has to do with too much stock put into the daily projections. If the projections are way off, then the panic ball gets rolling...Not enough stock put into letting the dispatcher use his/her logical reasoning (as you displayed in your original post), but then again...Con-Way hires people who sometimes are unable to reason logically!!:duh:
Besides that, Con-Way doesn't want people thinking...someone may figure out how to do it better.
If there's a formula/policy (PRIDE) in place that mandates plans, solutions, results, etc., then consistency across the board is assured. Regardless of how good the outcome may or may not be...that way the ball is out of our hands and they remain in control of results. God forbid, someone show them up...
As I have said before,Pride is more then a word at conway.Its a way of life.See the dream,feel the dream and be the dream.

ok

Where was the pride program when Southern keeps sending up trailers loaded like trash. Wheres the pride.
Those southern boys sure take pride in loading a 3000# skid on top of a 200# box. Theres your pride for you. Wheres the pride from XGO with the awful ICP checks. How much pride was in sponsoring a NASCAR TRUCK, this really effects the ICP this years. Yea you keep on with your pride program, I took pride in walking right out the door, and I didn't let it hit me where the good lord split me.
Tell the drivers from central about pride, No employee handbook with a list of rules and regulations is about right. Thats so they can build a file against you so when you reach top rate they can easily fire you . Am I bitter about this stupid program yes. No one even knows what the F**% its about? The FOS just tell you "well its not my decision its the PRIDE POLICY". WHAT THE F is PRIDE?

like ccx is any better ive broke xde and xcn and they suck!!!

As I have said before,Pride is more then a word at conway.Its a way of life.See the dream,feel the dream and be the dream.
lay off the
koolaidman.jpg

P= Perfect,
R= Reason,
I= Ignore,
D= Drivers,
E= Equally.

or...

P= Perform,
R= Ridiculous,
I= Inconsistent,
D= Decisions,
E= Everyday.

or...

P= Promise,
R= Respect,
I= Inconsistently,
D= Designed,
E= Eliminate.

or...

P= Plenty,
R= Reason,
I= Interview,
D= Drivers,
E= Everywhere.

:hysterical: :biglaugh:

p-roduction,r-esponsibility,I-mprovement,D-etermination,E-xcellence.From the cover sheet of a F.A.C. book.