XPO | pride program

Bye! Bye!

Where was the pride program when Southern keeps sending up trailers loaded like trash. Wheres the pride.
Those southern boys sure take pride in loading a 3000# skid on top of a 200# box. Theres your pride for you. Yea you keep on with your pride program, I took pride in walking right out the door, and I didn't let it hit me where the good lord split me.
WHAT THE F is PRIDE?
For one thing theres plenty of blame to go around when it comes to SORRY LOADING AND STACKING of trailers. I've had to recoup (not unload because you had to shovel or hand carry) more freight from Northern trailers than I ever would have thought was possible. After reading your many messages I am glad you decided to move on so we won't have to "slam the door" on you as you left. Have a great life with your perfect company.:smilie_132: :dance: :icon_dance: :wavey:

I think poor loading can occur anywhere. What we need is training....but who is to do the training? I don't think you can send the csrs out of xgo to do it, what do they know about loading and unloading freight. As an example ...there is a video we've watched a number of times. It may be dealing with picking up haz-mat in the p&d operation.
My point isn't to simply be critcal but to point the lack of experience on the part of Derk and ......what ever his name was.
Anyway...the guy that was supposedly taking responsiblity to do the right thing placed a wooden pallet in front of drums to protect them from being damaged when the next skid was loaded. On the surface this looks good, but take a closer look. You'll see he placed the wooden pallet in front of the drums with the slats running horizontally.
Forklift blades could pass through the gaps without touching the skid and puncture the drums. Skids should be placed so the slads are running verticially thus eliminating this possiblity. Forklift operator would hear the wood breaking and be able to respond before damaging the drums. This is only one example, there are others in that same video.
Point is we need experienced personnel training us. Maybe we need to allow more time for the experienced to training the new hires. It's going to effect "NUMBER" negitively for a while. But we need to do something, if we're going to stay in business long term.

I think poor loading can occur anywhere. What we need is training....but who is to do the training? I don't think you can send the csrs out of xgo to do it, what do they know about loading and unloading freight. As an example ...there is a video we've watched a number of times. It may be dealing with picking up haz-mat in the p&d operation.
My point isn't to simply be critcal but to point the lack of experience on the part of Derk and ......what ever his name was.
Anyway...the guy that was supposedly taking responsiblity to do the right thing placed a wooden pallet in front of drums to protect them from being damaged when the next skid was loaded. On the surface this looks good, but take a closer look. You'll see he placed the wooden pallet in front of the drums with the slats running horizontally.
Forklift blades could pass through the gaps without touching the skid and puncture the drums. Skids should be placed so the slads are running verticially thus eliminating this possiblity. Forklift operator would hear the wood breaking and be able to respond before damaging the drums. This is only one example, there are others in that same video.
Point is we need experienced personnel training us. Maybe we need to allow more time for the experienced to training the new hires. It's going to effect "NUMBER" negitively for a while. But we need to do something, if we're going to stay in business long term.

Dont worry partner there is another video about to come out on how to load freight. I know your excited right?? :hysterical:

For one thing theres plenty of blame to go around when it comes to SORRY LOADING AND STACKING of trailers. I've had to recoup (not unload because you had to shovel or hand carry) more freight from Northern trailers than I ever would have thought was possible. After reading your many messages I am glad you decided to move on so we won't have to "slam the door" on you as you left. Have a great life with your perfect company.:smilie_132: :dance: :icon_dance: :wavey:

Lighten up alice

Blame is for all

Lighten up alice
After just unloading another trailer load of that (use to be a skid) hand freight its hard to lighten up - the blame is everywhere North, South, East, and West.
In this trailer all they had to do was turn the skids sideways to keep them tight but instead ran them straight in leaving a nice big gap in the middle so the freight had plenty of room to move around and boy it did!
For whatever the reason was the loaders did this I can only guess.
Maybe I.C.E. will help because at this rate it sure cannot hurt!
Hows life in your perfect company.:hysterical: :hysterical::smilie_132: signed "alice"

someone tolled me about a picture someone drew showing a wood chipper on the dock with the shoot aimed at the trailer.One dsr running the machine and the other putting a skid in the chipper with a fork lift.On the bottom it said LOAD FACTOR.

After just unloading another trailer load of that (use to be a skid) hand freight its hard to lighten up - the blame is everywhere North, South, East, and West.
In this trailer all they had to do was turn the skids sideways to keep them tight but instead ran them straight in leaving a nice big gap in the middle so the freight had plenty of room to move around and boy it did!
For whatever the reason was the loaders did this I can only guess.
Maybe I.C.E. will help because at this rate it sure cannot hurt!
Hows life in your perfect company.:hysterical: :hysterical::smilie_132: signed "alice"
Pretty Damn good, since all I do is drive. No more freezing on the cold docks. No more picking up someone else's freight off the floor at 2:00 am. It sure is nice to pull freight to another terminal and get out off the truck into a warm office. Wait on the hostler to break my set apart then go out to the next set and head home. All this plus a paycheck. Hey we are accepting applications.

So do not get P.O.ed at me because you have to turn skids around because of some one else who doesn't care about his job. I got fed up with it and did something about it instead of complaining on the dock all night. Oh by the way Thats another thing I sleep at nights in my own warm bed, Not during the day like you. I spend my free time with my family and not worrying about CON-WAY. The only reason I am responding to your post is because you sound like the rest of the cry baby's at Con-Way. You can sit and complain all day long about having to do someone else's job. But wont do nothing about your own. So if I touched a nerve in you that's why you responded to my post. Because it must be true and you know it.
Have a great day because I sure will not having to pick freight up off the floor because someone is too lazy to do the job right in the first place. Start hitting those drivers who sign the manifest.. and maybe just maybe something will change.
I hope you enjoy your job. Because I sure do.
Signed MEL.

please don't promote any type of violence.

Pretty Damn good, since all I do is drive. No more freezing on the cold docks. No more picking up someone else's freight off the floor at 2:00 am. It sure is nice to pull freight to another terminal and get out off the truck into a warm office. Wait on the hostler to break my set apart then go out to the next set and head home. All this plus a paycheck. Hey we are accepting applications.

So do not get P.O.ed at me because you have to turn skids around because of some one else who doesn't care about his job. I got fed up with it and did something about it instead of complaining on the dock all night. Oh by the way Thats another thing I sleep at nights in my own warm bed, Not during the day like you. I spend my free time with my family and not worrying about CON-WAY. The only reason I am responding to your post is because you sound like the rest of the cry baby's at Con-Way. You can sit and complain all day long about having to do someone else's job. But wont do nothing about your own. So if I touched a nerve in you that's why you responded to my post. Because it must be true and you know it.
Have a great day because I sure will not having to pick freight up off the floor because someone is too lazy to do the job right in the first place. Start hitting those drivers who sign the manifest. and maybe just maybe something will change.
Signed MEL.
Are you still with our little marry band?

No he isnt. He quit and signed on with yellowroadwayhollanddhlvolkswagon. He is very opinionated for an ex co owner. If I was gone from here I could care less what was going on. I think it is his fantasy that he still wishes he was a co-owner. :smilie_132:

No he isnt. He quit and signed on with yellowroadwayhollanddhlvolkswagon. He is very opinionated for an ex co owner. If I was gone from here I could care less what was going on. I think it is his fantasy that he still wishes he was a co-owner. :smilie_132:
It's kind of nice to see an ex-co-owner who care about our team so much.Have a tall kool-aid on me.Broast.

Honestly I just love to see all the hate and discontent here in the CON-WAY forum. It makes me so happy to see all the same B.S. going on, that nothings changed. I still despise Dave M. for all that he has not done for C.W. So just keep responding to my post and I will keep all the great feedback coming at you.
Yes I work for YRC.

Honestly I just love to see all the hate and discontent here in the CON-WAY forum. It makes me so happy to see all the same B.S. going on, that nothings changed. I still despise Dave M. for all that he has not done for C.W. So just keep responding to my post and I will keep all the great feedback coming at you.
Yes I work for YRC.
Thank you.We can use all the input we can get.

Why Bother Us?

Have a great day because I sure will not having to pick freight up off the floor because someone is too lazy to do the job right in the first place. Start hitting those drivers who sign the manifest. and maybe just maybe something will change.
Signed MEL.
I LOVE my job which is daytime linehaul - where if I work the dock its only because I am needed to cover the extra tonnage. I too sleep at night in my own bed and I don't have to go to other company"s website to complain , cry or even wimper about something that doesn't even concern me in order to have a life? So if I sound like a cry-baby to you it must be the reflection of your own voice that your constantly putting on our website - get a grip and don't insult us constantly like you are really one of us. You left and I'm happy for you at your perfect job - just don't try and rip us a new one because we're not afraid to stay and fix things. I Like CON-WAY and I plan on doing the work (even straightening up other peoples poor loading) which gives me the right to complain to other CON-WAY employees. NOT listen to your constant criticism of your former fellow employees and company. :1036316054: :smilie_132: :smilie_132:

I LOVE my job which is daytime linehaul - where if I work the dock its only because I am needed to cover the extra tonnage. I too sleep at night in my own bed and I don't have to go to other company"s website to complain , cry or even wimper about something that doesn't even concern me in order to have a life? So if I sound like a cry-baby to you it must be the reflection of your own voice that your constantly putting on our website - get a grip and don't insult us constantly like you are really one of us. You left and I'm happy for you at your perfect job - just don't try and rip us a new one because we're not afraid to stay and fix things. I Like CON-WAY and I plan on doing the work (even straightening up other peoples poor loading) which gives me the right to complain to other CON-WAY employees. NOT listen to your constant criticism of your former employees and company. :1036316054: :smilie_132: :smilie_132:
Crying? that would be you guys as the lay-offs continue and Con-way out sources your job's
The only reason I come over here to this site is because I have every right to critisize. Thats what all of you want to hear.
Here is a prime example of what I am talking about go over to the con-way forum and read the thread whats happening at xmd. You tell me morale is so great there. and the last time I checked this was a public forum. If you don't like what I have to say then go find somewhere else to post.
why are all the drivers leaving in droves plus the sales staff and management working for your competitors? So long sucker.:smilie_132:
Like I said just keep your comments coming and I will keep responding to your dissolutions of grandeur. J/A.

Crying? that would be you guys as the lay-offs continue and Con-way out sources your job's
The only reason I come over here to this site is because I have every right to critisize. Thats what all of you want to hear.
Here is a prime example of what I am talking about go over to the con-way forum and read the thread whats happening at xmd. You tell me morale is so great there. and the last time I checked this was a public forum. If you don't like what I have to say then go find somewhere else to post.
why are all the drivers leaving in droves plus the sales staff and management working for your competitors? So long sucker.:smilie_132:
Like I said just keep your comments coming and I will keep responding to your dissolutions of grandeur. J/A.

Did you get fired from conway...or are you not happy at your current job? I've been working here for 10 years and have not had any problems. I don't mind doing a little work. Maybe that is your problem.

When you do not work for the company of the forum you are posting in you are a guest in their house and you must post in a manner that does not cause conflict... if you can't do this you should remain in your own company forum Thanks
Truckingboards is a Public forum for viewing but it is a private forum for posting.

When you do not work for the company of the forum you are posting in you are a guest in their house and you must post in a manner that does not cause conflict... if you can't do this you should remain in your own company forum Thanks
Truckingboards is a Public forum for viewing but it is a private forum for posting.

Thanks Jeff ... I (we) was getting a little tired of him. I still think he wishes he worked for con way.