XPO | PTO / Vacation time - Is the process fair ?

I think that it is really no ones' buisness as to if a person has a negative or not. you are allowed(this year) 80 neg. hours, with that being said I think senority should always prevail, come on guys!!!!!! this is only one of the last two things we got, and all those that are complaining well..... You should have been here one day before the other guy!!!! plain and simple.....

I was not and do not think it's anybodies business if you are in the negative , to be clear.

I think seniority should prevail , to be clear.

When it gets down to a first come first serve situation , a driver in the hole can still participate equally ( as long as he is not over the 80hrs negative ) There is not much incentive to get out of the hole if you can do everything that the person not in the hole can do.

There are other flaws in our PTO/Vacation system that seem to punish you for things that may be out of the norm. ( like an illness or other issue which can wipe you out )

I was not and do not think it's anybodies business if you are in the negative , to be clear.

I think seniority should prevail , to be clear.

When it gets down to a first come first serve situation , a driver in the hole can still participate equally ( as long as he is not over the 80hrs negative ) There is not much incentive to get out of the hole if you can do everything that the person not in the hole can do.

There are other flaws in our PTO/Vacation system that seem to punish you for things that may be out of the norm. ( like an illness or other issue which can wipe you out )
When you had your one on one did you tell them that? I think that's a big issue, we just had our one on one, but it wasn't one on one, like beerd said it was 1 on about 5 and there was no flip charts, but there was talking points. They had been briefed by the upper big boy's. I brought that up and I really don't even know what he said, he was all over the place. Talking in circles, which they seem to do alot latley.:coffee1:

What bothers me is calling in sick (really sick), and being told it will be unexcused because they already have the maximum amount scheduled off.

There are alot of guys using FMLA and they don't get in troulbe when they call in, if you don't have FMLA, call in 3 times in a rolling 12 and you get an incident report.:frown:

What bothers me is calling in sick (really sick), and being told it will be unexcused because they already have the maximum amount scheduled off.
If you are really sick go to the doctor. If they give you a prescription you are covered under FMLA and it cannot be used as discipline.

Well let me ask , and not complain - Do you think a person in the negative should be allowed to participate in the first come first serve equally with a person that is not in the negative?

Say you want a Friday off and a driver has it reserved that has you beat on seniority. If this is a day that is in high demand , should the driver in the negative be allowed to reserve the day over you , in the positive?

As long as the company treats negative and positive PTO time with the same respect, then it's ok with me. Senority rules with everything else, why not PTO time as well?

I agree with you on that. Going forward , our company needs to come up with a way to keep a person from being wiped out of time off due to unexpected but excusable issues. Short term disability doesn't apply until after 2 weeks of time off.

One solution would be to allow DSR's a certain amount of company convenience days. Say for example, that a guy can have up to two weeks of days off without pay.

I started this thread because it seems wrong to me that a driver that is in the hole as far as PTO/Vacation , can reserve time off over a driver that is not in the hole. To me , it would be OK if a driver in the negative reserves time , but they should not have first choice over a driver that isn't in the hole.

It kind of seems like loaning money to a person with 20 maxed out credit cards and 3 mortgages on their house , but the guy with his house , car , bills , etc. payed off can't get a loan.

That driver is only "negative" because he had up to six weeks of vacation time stolen from him.

Is that fair?

If you are really sick go to the doctor. If they give you a prescription you are covered under FMLA and it cannot be used as discipline.
You take off one day and get a note and a prescipition, it still counts as a point. If you have a follow-up then it's FMLA. Or if your off 3 day's counting the weekends, its FMLA.:couch:

Good point. But what do you do about that one bad apple working the system , 50hrs in the hole , never off for any real problem , and reserving time off just like any other driver?

Well here's another point ill make every time you make adjustments to take care of the so called bad Apples you also punish yourself think about our Bull**** Attendance policy one min late you get a point and there are no exceptions don't matter if the lady next door beat the **** outta of you for running over her cat trying to get to work late is late period !! just give Con~way what they need to make some more Bullchit Rules not like we already don't have enough stupid ones now !! And for those whom like rules !! Im not against them I just think we have many that are flat out dumb !!

For Instance we had a very good driver leave because Con`way couldn't let him take a one month leave of absence to go to Africa to help missionaries and he had the time on the books to take it !! But we have Limb Dicks milk the system all the time whom claim they hurt That really aint !! We all see this I know we do !

When you had your one on one did you tell them that? I think that's a big issue, we just had our one on one, but it wasn't one on one, like beerd said it was 1 on about 5 and there was no flip charts, but there was talking points. They had been briefed by the upper big boy's. I brought that up and I really don't even know what he said, he was all over the place. Talking in circles, which they seem to do alot latley.:coffee1:

Talking in Circles lmfao I love it Im glad Im not the only one whom sees this TRend !!

You take off one day and get a note and a prescipition, it still counts as a point. If you have a follow-up then it's FMLA. Or if your off 3 day's counting the weekends, its FMLA.:couch:

Always Take 3 days off get Doctors note your covered and they just Screwed themselfs with there own Dumb Policy !!!

One solution would be to allow DSR's a certain amount of company convenience days. Say for example, that a guy can have up to two weeks of days off without pay.

You have that now they can't make you go negative they can only make you use what you have on the books but if you negative you can take non paid days nothin they can do !!

There are guy's really takin advantage of that to, and everyboby pretty much know's who those guys are at each terminal. And if you do call in sick you have to jump through hoops to stay out of trouble. Have to see a doctor and get a follow-up for just one day, costing the companies more for insurance.:17113:

Convenience days, in the negative, points....(WOW) I feel for you brother, if we were under such rules at our barn heck half our barn would be on the street. Happy New Year!!

Convenience days, in the negative, points....(WOW) I feel for you brother, if we were under such rules at our barn heck half our barn would be on the street. Happy New Year!!

They use those rules to get rid of the lazy non- productive people..it works too.

There are guy's really takin advantage of that to, and everyboby pretty much know's who those guys are at each terminal. And if you do call in sick you have to jump through hoops to stay out of trouble. Have to see a doctor and get a follow-up for just one day, costing the companies more for insurance.:17113:
keep your points low or at zero..if you have to take off, then do it..point or no point..no big deal. I personally wouldn't use a good day off being sick..

keep your points low or at zero..if you have to take off, then do it..point or no point..no big deal. I personally wouldn't use a good day off being sick..
well it's a big deal to me when you see some guys taking off 30-50 day's a year and I take off 3 and get called in the office because i got 3 points. Not saying that all guys don't truly have a problem but when some if them just take a day or two every week or two, use FMLA because they have it. They are abusing the system, so even if i don't feel all that good one night will just have too run to the doctor and then go get a follow-up so i don't get points. Or go get a doctor to fill out some FMLA paperwork and join the crowd, I hear it's not hard.:coffee1: